S4 (B6 & B7 Platforms) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi S4 produced from 2003-2005 And B7 Audi S4 produced from 2005 -2008

X-post from OT, Dealers who place stickers on new cars are f'in annoying...discuss....

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2005, 01:31 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default X-post from OT, Dealers who place stickers on new cars are f'in annoying...discuss....

I always have them remove any stickers and specify we will only take the car WITHOUT bumper holes in the front bumper (they had to replace the bumper on our S55 AMG because some porter drilled holes)

The worst was a dark blue jeep overland we bought last year which had a huge 4.5by3 inch color (with white background) dealership logo (phone number, email, etc) AND a black on white license plate surround, AND a gigantic hitch reciever cover which was the size of a small paper plate (full color, white background, yikes!)

The damn thing looked like a pizza delivery truck from the rear (with all the logos and unpleasant color combos, etc)

Can't they be happy knowing that a good car buying experience will cause more word of mouth referrals than any sticker? Hell, if they would spend that widget money (gotta add up, especially at a volume dealership) on making subtle improvements to the dealership maybe it would just put them over the top (vs. other dealers) in a customer's mind when it comes time to buy another car.
Old 12-07-2005, 01:58 PM
RKA
AudiWorld Uber User

Default Let's face it...the average consumer doesn't remember where they bought their car, let alone where

they parked it. Without that sticker on the back, the average Joe would be left scratching their head in 3 years when it comes time to shop for a new car. That sticker is the key to repeat business!
Old 12-07-2005, 02:04 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Default Funny, but I doubt this to be true. You remember where you bought the car because you usually go

back to the same place for warranty/service.

And if you don't, the thought that you <i>aren't</i>, in fact, going to the place you originally bought the car definitely comes to mind!

So...it's blatant and annoying advertising. Annoying for those who care (this is where you can clown on the average buyer...most don't even notice the sticker!)

BMW of San Francisco does this on every Bimmer they sell.

Furthermore, "that sticker is the key to repeat business!" I disagree. It's advertising for others to go to the dealer, for reasons I mentioned above. I think one would remember.

While I'm at it...haha...your sentence should have been: "The average consumer doesn't remember <b>where they parked their car, let alone where they bought it</b>. This is what you were trying to say ;-)

(obviously just bustin your ***** Raj. But I make valid points, don't get confused :P)
Old 12-07-2005, 02:20 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I told my dealer if he wants me to advertise for him with a sticker or license plate frame I.....

charge $50 a month.

They never put anything on my car ;-)
Old 12-07-2005, 02:22 PM
RKA
AudiWorld Uber User

Default It was written with a healthy dose of sarcasm...

but that sentence was intended as it was written.
Old 12-07-2005, 02:26 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Default ORly!? ;-)

When you use that expression, the phrase after "let alone" is generally the subject of the whole point.

Given the subject of this thread, one would expect you to say that 'most people can't remember where they parked, so how would they remember where they bought it?'.

What you are stating with that usage is ' most people can't remember where they bought the car, so how would they remember where they parked?'. &lt;--this obviously isn't your point. You got it reversed.
Old 12-07-2005, 02:31 PM
RKA
AudiWorld Uber User

Default ugh...I think I hurt my brain.

I actually had to think that out (while staring at the ceiling tiles at work for 30 seconds). You're right...I think...hold on...yeah...wait.......
:-P
Old 12-07-2005, 02:33 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Ok, let's take a break and go get indian food. Food always works!
Old 12-07-2005, 04:19 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I always tell the dealer "Anything that says your name is on the car, besides...

what is required by law, I am going to talk out now." I always tell them they can give me the frames but there is no promises I will put them on. To this day ever sales guy has done what I asked.
Old 12-07-2005, 05:44 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default You're going lowball - I told my dealer it was $150/month for advertising for any non-removeable

item that had their name on it. They passed. This was primarily aimed at my non-Audi dealer. I had bypassed the stick-on plate on the trunk lid at delivery, but the dealer GM saw my car in for service and told them to put one on - I told him it would cost him $150/month paid in advance or he could buy the car back - he got pissed but capitulated. Blood-suckers!