S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

2013 Audi A4/S4 faceleft

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2011, 08:53 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hitokiri
I'm actually impressed by such visual changes. Headlight's "DRL" light strips now look elegant and more fitting for such a modern luxury brand, unlike the current "cheap christmas lights strips". Also, the overall shape is great, not too "emo" or "depressing"-looking like on new A6 or A8. Interior looks also good.
Old 10-27-2011, 12:10 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Unlike some other ppl who currently own the A4/S4 and don't like the refresh, I really really like the refresh of the A4/S4. This is exactly what I have been waiting for. With small interior changes, MMI update, front and rear face lift this car is a good as mine! I think this refresh will keep a few ppl from going over to the new BMW 3 series.
Old 10-27-2011, 12:11 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Randomness
I'm actually impressed by such visual changes. Headlight's "DRL" light strips now look elegant and more fitting for such a modern luxury brand, unlike the current "cheap christmas lights strips". Also, the overall shape is great, not too "emo" or "depressing"-looking like on new A6 or A8. Interior looks also good.
"Cheap Christmas lights," interesting way to describe a design that set the bar for headlight design. Numerous other manufacturers have implemented such designs. There I dont believe the current gen b8 has christmas lights....
Old 10-27-2011, 12:38 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by TP111
"Cheap Christmas lights," interesting way to describe a design that set the bar for headlight design. Numerous other manufacturers have implemented such designs. There I dont believe the current gen b8 has christmas lights....
Eh... If other companies are trying to use the latest "fad" to attempt to increase the sales of their product targeted towards certain customer's segment - more power to them. That, however, has no effect on my personal sense of aesthetics.
Old 10-27-2011, 12:43 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Randomness
Eh... If other companies are trying to use the latest "fad" to attempt to increase the sales of their product targeted towards certain customer's segment - more power to them. That, however, has no effect on my personal sense of aesthetics.
This may be true, however there are more intelligent ways to convey your preferences other than using the word cheap...
Old 10-27-2011, 01:02 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by TP111
This may be true, however there are more intelligent ways to convey your preferences other than using the word cheap...
Eh, we are not discussing the intricacies of English literature of Elizabethan era, this is just a random brand-specific car enthusiast forum, so whatever gets the meaning across...
Old 10-27-2011, 02:43 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default More Pictures Here

http://www.leftlanenews.com/audi-s4-2013.html
Old 10-27-2011, 03:12 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by ryanPA
They got rid of the forward/back buttons. Apparently the volume **** is now a four way directional "joystick" of sorts.
The MMI buttons which are missing are forward/back arrow buttons, Setup, Name and Info.
Old 10-27-2011, 03:29 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Saw this on the S5 design a few weeks ago on another forum.

Havent had the chance to read this entire thread but my thoughts are It would be nice if it werent for the fact that Mercedes and chrysler are doing a very similar design on their models. I hate copycats. They are so tacky.

Not long ago we began a HP war era where every manufacturer began outdoing each other in HP. More HP meant "better car" to the ignorant, not realizing many of these cars cant quite put it to the ground. Now we are entering a "Light War" era
Old 10-27-2011, 03:32 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Exterior is ok, but I prefer current gen better. Interior is very nice though. I love the steering wheel and black trim around the gauges and nav screen. I would actually like to retrofit that piece if it's not too much money/work.

Quick Reply: 2013 Audi A4/S4 faceleft