S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

APR ECU first? or RSC exhaust first?

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2012, 06:14 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I find it odd that you are the one who comes off as an "internet smart guy" you cite. Why the 3rd grade attitude from you so often (not directed at me alone) with the name calling and talking about spoon feeding, when you haven't even stated an ounce of anythnig other than a vieled reference to "something you know" about. No on knows (and it would seem only a very few even care) about what you aren't even talking about. Go ahead and pretend if it makes you feel better about things, and keep all your keen insight and super secret squirrel knowledge to yourself. Please.
Old 01-05-2012, 07:17 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dawei213
Revo now have some dealers who will be able to unlock and flash for you locally, well only if you are local to NJ, SoCal and Florida.

See this thread here: http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...l-Announcement
Maybe I shouldn't interrupt the bickering with a post somewhat related to the topic.... but here goes

It's more than just a few states now as we got a revo tune in fort worth Texas recently - and I LIKE it on our little car....

but went for a ride in a stock s4 and may goodness that little s/c v6 scoots and ONLY 333 hp ?!?

Last edited by JohnBoyToo; 01-05-2012 at 07:19 AM.
Old 01-05-2012, 07:17 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NWS4Guy
I find it odd that you are the one who comes off as an "internet smart guy" you cite. Why the 3rd grade attitude from you so often (not directed at me alone) with the name calling and talking about spoon feeding, when you haven't even stated an ounce of anythnig other than a vieled reference to "something you know" about. No on knows (and it would seem only a very few even care) about what you aren't even talking about. Go ahead and pretend if it makes you feel better about things, and keep all your keen insight and super secret squirrel knowledge to yourself. Please.
Nice one. We'll agree to ignore each other.

I PM'd Arin. He can do what he wants with it.
Old 01-05-2012, 07:28 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnBoyToo
Maybe I shouldn't interrupt the bickering with a post somewhat related to the topic.... but here goes

It's more than just a few states now as we got a revo tune in fort worth Texas recently - and I LIKE it on our little car....

but went for a ride in a stock s4 and may goodness that little s/c v6 scoots and ONLY 333 hp ?!?
How's the REVO on the Q5? Any 1/4 mile data (that's a longshot lol) or dyno info from REVO? I have a 2.0T B8 Avant that I have never tuned (and probably never will) but just curious.

As for the B8 S4, it's ridiculously fast stock...it really is. Reality is that stock hp probably peaks at 350+hp, however the torque curve is what really tells the story of how it performs the way it does.

I have a question re the B8 S4: Is the throttle restricted in stock mode the way it is in the B7 Rs4? (B7 RS4 throttle even if the pedal is matted, is restricted to 52.5% below 5500 rpm in 1st/2nd/3rd). When I drove a manual B8 I could really feel a laggy pedal (non ADS car, not VAG'd at all). Would be interesting to have someone log throttle valve angle. Here's a B7 RS4 log showing what I'm talking about...