S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

APR Mod on Leased S4? To do or not to do...

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2013, 08:25 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default APR Mod on Leased S4? To do or not to do...

I've had my leased 2014 s tronic S4 for around a month now, and really would like to see the high-end power gains that everyone's been talking about with APR stage 2. Does anyone have experience going this route with a leased vehicle?

On average I probably drive around 20% less than the 12,000/yr contract so I feel like this would leave me with enough positive equity at the end of the lease that I wouldn't necessarily have to worry about Audi rejecting a lease return. However losing that option would still be on my short list of concerns, along with the TD1 flag, although I figure at this cycle of the B8 I hope they've managed to iron out drivetrain related reliability issues for the most part.

Any thoughts?
Old 10-05-2013, 07:53 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by acturater
I've had my leased 2014 s tronic S4 for around a month now, and really would like to see the high-end power gains that everyone's been talking about with APR stage 2. Does anyone have experience going this route with a leased vehicle?

On average I probably drive around 20% less than the 12,000/yr contract so I feel like this would leave me with enough positive equity at the end of the lease that I wouldn't necessarily have to worry about Audi rejecting a lease return. However losing that option would still be on my short list of concerns, along with the TD1 flag, although I figure at this cycle of the B8 I hope they've managed to iron out drivetrain related reliability issues for the most part.

Any thoughts?
If you mod the engine, you will get a TD1. But it might not matter. The way things have been going, your car will probably have equity at lease end . The financially smart thing to do is NOT to just give it back to AFS. You can buy the car at a discount. At which point you can keep it or resell it at a profit. BUT, even easier is to trade the car in to either an Audi or non Audi dealer prior to lease end. They dealer can buy the car from Audi and give you money in your pocket or down money towards a new car. They will not care if the car had a TD1. Also you might consider not taking the car in for Audi service so thay don't ever hook it up to the computer. Do the service yourself.