S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

ASP Tune for b8 s4

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2012, 10:50 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I lookee at jhm web and they dont offer much for b8 though
Old 06-14-2012, 11:12 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Very glad to see ASP's tune coming to market soon. Not only does Mark do some pretty amazing work but he really is a great guy. He's did a ton of work on my old B6 S4 and I was very happy with everything he did. Just in case any silly, childish claims are lobbed that I'm a mouthpiece for him, let's be clear... I haven't talked to Mark in probably 2 years now (I need to tho') and haven't purchased anything from him since he replaced a cylinder head for me 3 years ago. Just relating my experience.

We should all be applauding any new tuner for taking on such a difficult task as tuning this car. More tunes and competition is better for us, the consumer. Prices drop and tuners work harder to outdo their competitors. If any tuner's product is less than as advertised we'll know soon enough. Right now, only one car has this tune. The website isn't even updated yet as no formal announcement has been made.
Old 06-14-2012, 12:06 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by premek798
I lookee at jhm web and they dont offer much for b8 though
definitely not...was using them to illustrate how badly ASP 'missed' the crank pulley's importance to the engine. It was kinda shocking.

Originally Posted by ESFO
Just in case any silly, childish claims are lobbed that I'm a mouthpiece for him, let's be clear...
mouthpiece!

Just kidding ESFO. Do you have a B8 now?

Last edited by sakimano; 06-14-2012 at 12:14 PM.
Old 06-14-2012, 12:44 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

well i wouldnt trust any company which released something what messed up my engine thats for sure...

i am kinda newbie to this..but lighter pulley will add horsepower or engine will just rev quicker ?

i am thinking of gettin revo stage 1 and some light adds
Old 06-14-2012, 01:31 PM
AudiWorld Super User

well i wouldnt trust any company which released something what messed up my engine thats for sure...

i am kinda newbie to this..but lighter pulley will add horsepower or engine will just rev quicker ?

i am thinking of gettin revo stage 1 and some light adds
I ran ASP stage 3 SW on my B5 S4 years and it was great! do not let sakimano throw boogieman stuff at you. ask how come he was suspended from QW (quattroworld).

Bruce
Old 06-14-2012, 01:49 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

gotta q .. have u driven s4 without sport diff ? the one i have has regular one.. just quattro with torque vectoring .. though i have audi drive select
Old 06-14-2012, 01:57 PM
AudiWorld Super User

gotta q .. have u driven s4 without sport diff ? the one i have has regular one.. just quattro with torque vectoring .. though i have audi drive select
I just have sport diff, no drive select. I have never driven B8 S4 without a sport diff.

Bruce
Old 06-14-2012, 01:58 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sakimano, I don't really know what you have against ASP and really don't care.As far as i'm concerned you can express any OPINION that you desire. Have you visited their facility? Have you ever talked with Mark? Have you seen the new B8S4 tune or talked to anyone who has one. The answer to the last question is definitely no since bpp is the only one who does have one. I suggest you hold back on you prejudice until the product is released to the public and then judge the product on its merit rather than your past or preconceived notions. In my conversations with Mark, he more than expected the mudslinging to start as soon as word of the new tune became public.
Old 06-14-2012, 05:11 PM
bpp
AudiWorld Super User

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Default incorrect

Originally Posted by CHAUCH
Hey guys, Was following another thread on audizine and quattroworld about asp tunings new 3.0t tune. heres a link to their website. I know the graphs don't match for the b8, but the numbers seem to be specified to the b8 chassis

http://www.speedport.us/S4_B8_30T.html
http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...on-the-horizon
http://forums.quattroworld.com/s4b8/msgs/33658.phtml
fyi ASP has not posted any data for their b8S4 tune as the tune was completed this past week.
Old 06-14-2012, 05:19 PM
bpp
AudiWorld Super User

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Thank you Rodney.)

Originally Posted by ESFO
Very glad to see ASP's tune coming to market soon. Not only does Mark do some pretty amazing work but he really is a great guy. He's did a ton of work on my old B6 S4 and I was very happy with everything he did. Just in case any silly, childish claims are lobbed that I'm a mouthpiece for him, let's be clear... I haven't talked to Mark in probably 2 years now (I need to tho') and haven't purchased anything from him since he replaced a cylinder head for me 3 years ago. Just relating my experience.

We should all be applauding any new tuner for taking on such a difficult task as tuning this car. More tunes and competition is better for us, the consumer. Prices drop and tuners work harder to outdo their competitors. If any tuner's product is less than as advertised we'll know soon enough. Right now, only one car has this tune. The website isn't even updated yet as no formal announcement has been made.
We have no room in any forum for the likes of sakimono & jdgamble.
Neither seem mature enough to post here or any forum except maybe Sesame Street. I'm sure each has an opinion about Elmo & Big Bird.
Take your criticism somewhere else. 'Nuff said.

Quick Reply: ASP Tune for b8 s4