S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Audi S4 Auto Lease Rates - January 2010

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2010, 06:41 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audi S4 Auto Lease Rates - January 2010

Audi Auto Lease Programs – Effective January 2010

These lease rates and residuals are provided courtesy of LeaseCompare.com by dealer partners and are NOT for redistribution.

This information is to help you evaluate different lease offers from your Audi dealer and an independent leasing company.

Here’s the scoop

1) Use the data listed below each vehicle model, and the Lease Formula at the bottom of this page, to calculate the manufacturer (captive) lease payment.

2) Compare Vehicle Pricing and Bank Lease programs by clicking on the vehicle model name to see instant lease payments. When available, specials are shown with payments.

3) You’ve done your homework, now choose the best lease and start driving your car!

NOTE: Choosing a lease program, captive or bank, with the lowest money factor and a realistic residual value will provide you with the best overall lease deal.

Message me for help on using this data or leasing in general.

2010 Audi S4 Premium Plus Sedan
24 Month – Residual 59% of MSRP – .00116 Base Rate
36 Month – Residual 52% of MSRP – .00116 Base Rate
48 Month – Residual 45% of MSRP – .00219 Base Rate

2010 Audi S4 Prestige Sedan
24 Month – Residual 57% of MSRP – .00116 Base Rate
36 Month – Residual 50% of MSRP – .00116 Base Rate
48 Month – Residual 43% of MSRP – .00219 Base Rate

Residuals posted are for 15K miles/year. Add 2% to Residual for 12k mi/yr and 3% for 10k mi/yr on all terms

Lease Payment Calculation Formula:
(Cap Cost – Residual Value) / Term = Depreciation
(Cap Cost + Residual Value) X Base Rate = Interest
Depreciation + Interest = Base Monthly Payment

Terms Used in Lease Formula:
CAP COST = Vehicle Purchase Price (amount financed)
RESIDUAL VALUE = MSRP (window sticker) X Residual %
TERM = Length of Lease in Months (3 years = 36 months)
BASE RATE = Dealer’s Buy Rate (dealer can mark this up for profit)

NOTE: The manufacturer (captive) lease programs provided are for reference only. Base Rates may vary by region. Your dealer has the option of offering you a higher rate.

Compare Lease and Loan Payments for Used Audi Models HERE

Visit Auto Lease Insider for leasing info you won’t find anywhere else!

Captive lease programs for other makes available here:
Manufacturer Auto Lease Rates
Old 01-07-2010, 06:43 PM
AudiWorld Member

nice, the MF went down and residual held steady on the PP
Old 01-08-2010, 08:22 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just locked into a 42 month lease. Delivery expected for late April.
Old 01-08-2010, 09:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hmmmm I just "locked" in my lease last month @ 0.00144 -- Based on a quick calculation, this is a $24 decrease for me per month. You guys think I will be available renegotiate when my car comes in -- given we still have this or better MF in feb/march?
Old 01-08-2010, 11:00 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by hk007
Hmmmm I just "locked" in my lease last month @ 0.00144 -- Based on a quick calculation, this is a $24 decrease for me per month. You guys think I will be available renegotiate when my car comes in -- given we still have this or better MF in feb/march?
I believe my dealer told me that rate is good until March 1st. So if you take delivery by March 1st you will get the better current rate. Good thing is if rate goes back up you are protected with your current lock.

I locked mine in October at .00162 and now I will get the new improved .00116 rate. So I am pretty happy with that. Makes a couple options I added on essentially free.
Old 01-08-2010, 12:39 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts

If Audi is serious about having the S4 compete with the 335i, why don't they offer competitive residual values? The 36-month residual on a 335i for January 201 is 8-10% higher than the S4 (8% over P+ and 10% over Prestige).

2010 BMW 335i Sedan
24 Month – Residual 66% of MSRP – .00180 Base Rate
36 Month – Residual 60% of MSRP – .00180 Base Rate
48 Month – Residual 40% of MSRP – .00245 Base Rate

This huge discrepancy makes leasing an S4 a couple something like $150/month more for comparably priced cars. I really want to come back to Audi but looks like I will be looking at leasing another 335i if these high BMW residuals hold up.
Old 01-08-2010, 02:40 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Bada Bing
If Audi is serious about having the S4 compete with the 335i, why don't they offer competitive residual values? The 36-month residual on a 335i for January 201 is 8-10% higher than the S4 (8% over P+ and 10% over Prestige).

2010 BMW 335i Sedan
24 Month – Residual 66% of MSRP – .00180 Base Rate
36 Month – Residual 60% of MSRP – .00180 Base Rate
48 Month – Residual 40% of MSRP – .00245 Base Rate

This huge discrepancy makes leasing an S4 a couple something like $150/month more for comparably priced cars. I really want to come back to Audi but looks like I will be looking at leasing another 335i if these high BMW residuals hold up.
BMW and Audi have different philosophies. BMW WANTS to be the sales volume leader. Audi wants to be sure they make a profit and doesen't subsidise the lease by inflating the residuals. Additionally, BMW can set its residuals higher because they know that the demand for used BMW is high.
Old 01-08-2010, 03:07 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by DrGP
BMW and Audi have different philosophies. BMW WANTS to be the sales volume leader. Audi wants to be sure they make a profit and doesen't subsidise the lease by inflating the residuals. Additionally, BMW can set its residuals higher because they know that the demand for used BMW is high.
I understand what you are saying but as a consumer, it's a real problem to have to pay $150-200 more per month for a car that is by all accounts very comparable to the BMW in terms of size, performance and looks. I grant you that Audi has AWD, a nicer interior and some neat new technology (3G MMI, sport differential), but I have to throw out all sense of financial sanity to lease an A4/S4 over a comparable Bimmer. The real killer is the tiered residual value system Audi has for their trim levels. You get semi-decent residuals for a Premium A4 quattro (Premium is a real misnomer for a stripped car if you ask me), but you drop a whopping 7% if you want to get a Prestige (see numbers below), and probably another point or two if you want to get an S-line car. If these residuals reflect reality, it must be unique to Audi since no other manufacturer penalizes you in this fashion for getting a more loaded car. BWM and MB don't have it and I've only seen a 1-point deduction on Infiniti G37 for the Sport model over Journey or other trims. The January residual numbers for A4 2.0T Prestige are simply appalling. Anyone who leases one at these numbers really needs to have their head examined. I hope everyone is purchasing their loaded A4s.

2010 Audi A4 2.0T Premium quattro Sedan
24 Month – Residual 58% of MSRP – .00045 Base Rate
36 Month – Residual 51% of MSRP – .00045 Base Rate
48 Month – Residual 44% of MSRP – .00219 Base Rate

2010 Audi A4 2.0T Premium Plus quattro Sedan
24 Month – Residual 56% of MSRP – .00045 Base Rate
36 Month – Residual 49% of MSRP – .00045 Base Rate
48 Month – Residual 42% of MSRP – .00219 Base Rate

2010 Audi A4 2.0T Prestige quattro Sedan
24 Month – Residual 51% of MSRP – .00045 Base Rate
36 Month – Residual 44% of MSRP – .00045 Base Rate
48 Month – Residual 37% of MSRP – .00219 Base Rate

Last edited by Bada Bing; 01-08-2010 at 03:10 PM.
Old 01-08-2010, 09:06 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Bada Bing
I understand what you are saying but as a consumer, it's a real problem to have to pay $150-200 more per month for a car that is by all accounts very comparable to the BMW in terms of size, performance and looks. I grant you that Audi has AWD, a nicer interior and some neat new technology (3G MMI, sport differential), but I have to throw out all sense of financial sanity to lease an A4/S4 over a comparable Bimmer. The real killer is the tiered residual value system Audi has for their trim levels. You get semi-decent residuals for a Premium A4 quattro (Premium is a real misnomer for a stripped car if you ask me), but you drop a whopping 7% if you want to get a Prestige (see numbers below), and probably another point or two if you want to get an S-line car. If these residuals reflect reality, it must be unique to Audi since no other manufacturer penalizes you in this fashion for getting a more loaded car. BWM and MB don't have it and I've only seen a 1-point deduction on Infiniti G37 for the Sport model over Journey or other trims. The January residual numbers for A4 2.0T Prestige are simply appalling. Anyone who leases one at these numbers really needs to have their head examined. I hope everyone is purchasing their loaded A4s.
+1

Very good point. Just as another example of how much a residual/MF can affect a car lease, I had an 06 M45 that has the same monthly payment as an 09 GTR simply because when the GTR came out the residual % was through the roof and even though it cost $21k more than the M45, the high resale value (and competitive MF) reduced the payment enough to compensate.

Audi definitely needs to get more competitive with their lease rates if they are serious about increasing sales. I don't expect them to subsidize their leases to the extent BMW does but I would be willing to bet that a lot of potential lease customers that do their homework realize that most of Audi's product line is not good enough to justify +20% payment difference versus a similarly equipped BMW/Infiniti.

TXB8S4

TXB8S4
Old 01-09-2010, 06:16 AM
AudiWorld Member

I have to be honest the numbers for the 3 series are pretty aggressive. I priced one out at with similar S4 equipment and price and lease was $70 a month cheaper. I have had 4 different BMW's over the last 10 years.
I don't really have anything bad to say about the brand and truly love the driving dynamics of the BMW's in general. However my main reason for making the switch and paying more for a similarly equipped S4:

1. Impressed with the S4 driving experience. Power, handling and great styling inside and out.

2. Exclusivity - not as many out there. Every time I turn around I see another 3/5 series on the road. Big reason aggressive leases. Definitely the leader in all luxury brands. Again the reason for so many on road and in my view the reduction in quality.

3. Definitely some quality issues with my current BMW. Don't want to jinx it because I could have issues with the S4 that is the risk you take for the German Brands.

4. BMW's are older models now. New 5 coming soon and 3 next year.

5. Last, but not least this was the first S4 that I consider with a reasonable lease.

Quick Reply: Audi S4 Auto Lease Rates - January 2010