S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Backup Camera Option??? How did I do this?

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2010, 09:52 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Backup Camera Option??? How did I do this?

I have had my car for about 2 months now and this has happened only once. I usually get the yellow guidance lines when I am reversing with the backup camera but the other day I swear there was an outline of a car on my display in the backup camera mode and I went into some menu that showed me the senors around the car and a picture of a car. How do I get back to that option? I did a VAG mod and is this part of the hidden menu options. I see no option for this in our user manual. WHAT THE HELL DID I DO? HOW DO I DO IT AGAIN?
Old 11-08-2010, 10:44 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I had the same issue with my 2010 Infiniti G37 sedan when I had it, the car came with rear parking sensors and camera, but the European version of the car comes with front parking sensors as well, so everytime I'd throw the shifter out of reverse, a diagram of the car shows up as if its supposed to show you the sensors for the car all around.
Old 11-09-2010, 04:32 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Dunno, never have seen an outline of my car, only the ability to change the lines from angle to parallel parking.
Old 11-09-2010, 06:33 AM
AudiWorld Member

When I do my vag com mods, I always take screen-shots of the setting before, and after. Then I save the images to a folder.
Old 11-09-2010, 07:05 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by NWS4Guy
Dunno, never have seen an outline of my car, only the ability to change the lines from angle to parallel parking.
How do you do that?
Old 11-09-2010, 07:36 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by big windy
How do you do that?
If I remember correctly, when you have the backup camera on, it's the upper right button from the center MMI dial to toggle between the two modes.

I haven't had a chance to look into how you're supposed to use the lines for parallel parking yet though...
Old 11-09-2010, 07:45 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by asm777
If I remember correctly, when you have the backup camera on, it's the upper right button from the center MMI dial to toggle between the two modes.

I haven't had a chance to look into how you're supposed to use the lines for parallel parking yet though...
Yep, one of the soft buttons on the MMI becomes the toggle, it has the name of the mode you are in on screen while the camera is active in the corner correlating to the button to push.
Old 11-09-2010, 07:47 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by asm777

Just found the following info on how to use the parallel parking (p.33 from http://www.volkspage.net/technik/ssp/ssp/SSP_375.pdf)

Parking mode 2: parallel parking
Parking mode 2, “parallel parking”, makes it easier for the driver to reverse park alongside the kerb. Two blue
fields are depicted - a light-blue field for reverse parking on the right-hand side and a dark-blue field for
reverse parking on the left. The static blue lines shown, indicate the ideal point at which the driver should
adjust the steering angle.

Procedure for reverse parking
If the dark-blue area fits between the two vehicles,
between which the driver intends to park, then the
space is large enough. Now reverse in a straight line
until the end of the dark-blue area touches the rear
of the vehicle (see the upper of the two
illustrations). Then reverse with the steering wheel
turned to left full lock. The driver must ensure that
he/she does not touch the vehicle he/she is parking
behind. When the dark-blue line touches the kerb
(see the lower of the two illustrations), the steering
wheel must be turned to right full lock and reversing
continued until the vehicle is parallel to the kerb.
The vehicle should then be driven forward slightly
and the vehicle will be parked perfectly.
Attached Images   
Old 11-09-2010, 11:33 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by NWS4Guy
Yep, one of the soft buttons on the MMI becomes the toggle, it has the name of the mode you are in on screen while the camera is active in the corner correlating to the button to push.
Got it! Should have read the manual....Thanks!
Old 12-28-2010, 11:24 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Finally got it on camera. while I was backing up the car an image overlay of the car showed up with sensors around it. Someone please explain this.

Quick Reply: Backup Camera Option??? How did I do this?