S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Brought her in for break squeal today....

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2010, 07:50 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

define temporary. I bedded mine over a year ago and haven't seen any squeal since.

Bruce
Old 01-01-2011, 10:16 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Until it gets really cold 0 or so outside

I did the bedding and other suggestd fixes before I let them touch it, all to no avail. The tab fix is to rough the disks and chamfer the pads, likely all gone by now
Old 01-01-2011, 11:32 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by BLACK10-S4P
Good for you bro,nice to go to an actual good dealer that actually gives a crap for a customer for a change isn't it.I did the same thing as you a couple of weeks ago regarding the water pump thing and they did "modify" my brakes as to stop the damn squealing.Although I did read that even the new and improved pumps can fail also but probably rare-hopefully.
It is actually cheaper for Audi to replace the pump before it fails if they have upgraded WP inventory. If your pump fails, they have to pay the tow and the discomfort amount, as well as rental car amount.

Bruce
Old 01-01-2011, 04:59 PM
AudiWorld Member

Then that's definitely a good thing right?[LEFT]Maybe Audi finally smartened up and supplied all/most dealers WP stock as to so many guys getting stranded/broke down as a result of dealers telling customers to either wait UNTIL there's a problem or there's cut and dry proof(leaking/low coolant level)that the black plastic WP sucks.
Undersupplying dealers of the upgraded WP when they know there's a problem with the early WP's is just outright WRONG.
Maybe Audi realized that an ounce of prevention is worth more than a pound of cure-don't you think??
Old 01-02-2011, 02:41 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by BLACK10-S4P
Good for you bro,nice to go to an actual good dealer that actually gives a crap for a customer for a change isn't it.I did the same thing as you a couple of weeks ago regarding the water pump thing and they did "modify" my brakes as to stop the damn squealing.Although I did read that even the new and improved pumps can fail also but probably rare-hopefully.
Hey,

I'm a fellow Long Islander. Which dealer did you go to that changed out your WP, if you don't mind me asking?

For my brakes, I went to Legend in Amityville and they said their only responsibility is to check to make sure the brakes are working -- squeal or no squeal. And big surprise there--of course they are working fine--with the exception of the tractor-trailer squeal.
Old 01-03-2011, 07:47 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by aj25
Hey,

I'm a fellow Long Islander. Which dealer did you go to that changed out your WP, if you don't mind me asking?

For my brakes, I went to Legend in Amityville and they said their only responsibility is to check to make sure the brakes are working -- squeal or no squeal. And big surprise there--of course they are working fine--with the exception of the tractor-trailer squeal.
Go to Anchor Audi in Lynbrook-excellent and professional service dealer that doesn't play games.Not only did they change my WP without much question but they also "modified" my front brakes to kill that damn squealing.Also they professionally detailed my car after some scuffs from their car wash and of the damage from Atlantic Audi upon delivery.Great dealer and I didn't even buy the car there.They give nice loaners too-B8 fully loaded A4and following loaner-nicely loaded 11' A6
DO NOT GO TO ATLANTIC AUDI!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-05-2011, 05:28 AM
AudiWorld Member

My shop foreman over at Classic AUdi is awesome. They are replacing my entire clitch instead of just doing the TSB. He told me that just doing the TSB does not fix what damage the faulty parts could have done to the pressure plate etc. I told him about squeeling brakes he told me that its normal as he owns an A4 same problem. He said yes they can be modified but the modification takes a lot of like from the brake pads and some life off the rotors. He said he could do it if I wanted. I told him I will try to bed in the brakes again. He laughed and said that almost what the modification does anyway. Its shaving down the pads and rotors lol. Anyway I will hear back today about where the clutch is coming from whether here at the warehouse or from Germany. If its here than I will get my car back next wed or thur.