S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Cell Phone Mount Holder Cradle Thing...

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2015, 06:42 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 382 Likes on 344 Posts
Default Here's the KENU mount:

Name:  DSCN1989_zpsdztk7mkc.jpg
Views: 2852
Size:  210.4 KB

Name:  DSCN1993_zpsp4vr01f5.jpg
Views: 2803
Size:  164.8 KB

Name:  DSCN1992_zpsafq88xvt.jpg
Views: 2962
Size:  176.3 KB

Name:  DSCN1991_zpseeh84uv4.jpg
Views: 2761
Size:  159.7 KB

Name:  DSCN1997_zpsub4tcquu.jpg
Views: 2807
Size:  199.6 KB

I haven't driven with it yet. Appears to be well-made.

Last edited by uberwgn; 06-21-2015 at 08:50 AM.
Old 07-02-2015, 08:01 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I highly recommend this:
Amazon.com: Mountek nGroove Snap 3 Magnetic CD Slot Car Mount for Smartphones and Phablets: GPS & Navigation Amazon.com: Mountek nGroove Snap 3 Magnetic CD Slot Car Mount for Smartphones and Phablets: GPS & Navigation

It fits the S4 cd slot perfectly, and makes a useless portion of the dash functional. The magnetic feature is just the icing on the cake. It's so easy to drop onto the holder and remove with a single hand, and it never budges an inch when I'm driving. The magnetic plate is super slim too, and I find it helpful for feeling which side of my phone is "up" when it's in my pocket.

It comes with two mounts - one is large enough to hold an Ipad mini.
Old 07-03-2015, 04:33 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by motorsport_mike
Hmmm.... That Airframe mount looks pretty good. I'm also considering this vent mounted magnet / ball setup... Anyone used one of these?

https://www.niteize.com/product/Stee...-Mount-Kit.asp
I tried a similar application, with a magnetic piece stuck to the back of the phone (the case actually). It didn't work out for me because I used a Qi charger for charging, and this would make that magnetic piece extremely hot. I actually burned myself when lifting the phone off of the charger. I promptly returned it.
Old 07-04-2015, 02:57 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default cd slot mount

Originally Posted by motorsport_mike
I'm looking for recommendations for some type of cell phone (iPhone 5 currently) mount holder cradle thing... I have navigation, but I'd like to use Waze sometimes also. I'm looking for a clean, solid mount that is quick and easy to place/remove. (The mount can be permanent... I want the phone easily removable). Pictures or links appreciated! Thanks.
This mount is very secure and easy to install and remove.

Amazon.com: Mountek nGroove Universal CD Slot Mount for Cell Phones and GPS Devices: MP3 Players & Accessories Amazon.com: Mountek nGroove Universal CD Slot Mount for Cell Phones and GPS Devices: MP3 Players & Accessories
Old 07-06-2015, 09:15 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks for the discussion and recommendations. Here is an update for those following...

I first tried the "magnet and vent mounted ball attachment" thing I mentioned in an earlier post in this thread. I've got to say, I really liked it. If you are willing to live with a small magnet mounted to the back of your phone or case, then I think this is awesome, especially if you want to place and remove your phone 500 times per day, and value infinite viewing angles. As a bonus, the magnet also allows your phone to stick to a variety of other places! (Refrigerator, steel beam, cubicle pole, bathroom stall wall, basically anywhere any other magnet would stick!) Unfortunately for me, the magnet also erased my work ID badge magnetic stripe, and I'm not smart enough to never place my badge and phone in the same pocket or near each other. If it weren't for this problem, I would have kept it.

Then I bought the Kenu Airframe that was mentioned. I really like this also, and this is what I'm going with for now. Simple to place and remove. No phone modification. Fits almost any phone. My only concern is that the vent holding fins will eventually loosen, but hey, maybe not!

I will say that there were some other good looking options that people mentioned, but they were much more expensive. The above devices are easily available on eBay and Amazon for under $30.

Thanks for the help!
Old 07-06-2015, 04:49 PM
AudiWorld Member

For the product that mounts to the AC vents, does the phone collect condensation to the back of the phone? Thanks....
Old 07-06-2015, 05:08 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by safetywork
For the product that mounts to the AC vents, does the phone collect condensation to the back of the phone? Thanks....
Hmmm.... I use a case, and right now it's air-conditioning season for me. I don't notice any condensation, and I actually like the ideal of cold air keeping the phone cool. Once heating season comes, I don't plan to blast it with hot air. I will probably leave it off until the car warms up (using the vents), then switch the heat to "upper and foot" and throw it up in the vent-mount.
Old 07-07-2015, 02:44 PM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks Motorsport!
Old 10-29-2015, 12:54 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't want anything that mounts to my airvents!
Old 10-30-2015, 11:31 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Had the Kenu airframe in all cars and it started to scratch my wife's car vents. Swapped for the magnetic one below that interest into the cd drive (which I don't use). Works great. They also have vent ones that are magnetic now so may try one in the other car that does not have a cd mount.

Koomus Magnetos Universal CD Slot Magnetic Cradle-less Smartphone Car Mount Holder for iPhone 6 6+ 5 5S 5C 4 4S iPod touch, Samsung Galaxy S5 S4 S3 Note 2 Note 3 Google Droid HTC GPS with Quick-snap technology https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00HUIL310..._7Xgnwb6ZJH1Z7

Quick Reply: Cell Phone Mount Holder Cradle Thing...