S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Chicagoland pricing?

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2009, 07:01 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chicagoland pricing?

So I've been wanting an S4 for a very long time (the entire B6/B7 generation)! For numerous reasons, I just never got into one. I've been reading the various forums on and off but don't post too much since I don't own one. Hopefully no one flames me for this as there are plenty of pricing threads around but can't find one which talks about pricing in my area. I was very close to pulling the trigger on an order tonight but wasn't sure how people are faring with discounts around Chicago. I got an offer around 1,000 off MSRP which is about 3,000 over invoice. Does this seem reasonable around this area? I do not currently own an Audi, so no Loyalty Discount, nor do I work for an Audi supplier, so no discount there either. I am also posting this in numerous places so please don't get too annoyed with me if you see this elsewhere! Thanks in advance for any feedback.
Old 10-29-2009, 07:05 PM
AudiWorld Member

No way man. If you want to save a lot more money call Tim Hayes at Napleton in Loves Park. He's in Rockford - but you'll get a MUCH better deal, and he's a great guy and the manager of the dealership so you'll get treated well. I was very happy with my purchase experience through him.

I haven't specifically quoted him on a new S4, although I was about to - I'd imagine he'll knock $1500 off that easily, maybe even $2000. If you do use him please PM me because I may be using him again soon and I'd like to be able let him know that I sent him a little business!
Old 10-29-2009, 08:08 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 22 Likes on 6 Posts

+1 for Tim Hayes!

Go Nismo.

Aaron
Old 10-29-2009, 09:36 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I got a little annoyed with Audi in Orland park. The guy told me, there are only 6 S4s on the soil in the entire U.S.
Basically what I am telling you is be ready for comments like that and it probably smart to avoid Orland Park....
Old 10-30-2009, 02:55 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I'm not in the Chicago-land area, but don't believe any BS from the dealers about how rare these cars are and how high the demand is.

The reality is, unemployment is high, the economy is in dismal shape, and people are coming into luxury car dealerships MUCH less frequently. There may not be as many S4's as Chevy Cobalt's on the lot, but even so there are plenty. I would aim for $1000 over invoice.
Old 10-30-2009, 06:53 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Come down south! I just got two in. They will go quick. I've had 3 through the doors already. His quote is pretty fair. This has been covered there's only 3000 S4s coming to the US for MY10. Sorry but this car really does have limited availability.
Old 10-30-2009, 07:06 AM
AudiWorld Member

Don't believe the 3000 limit at all. This is a marketing gimmick to create the illusion of exlusivity - to try to hold the line on pricing/incentives.

Let's say it's May and a customer walks into a dealership and says 'I want an S4' - do you think that Audi of America or Volkswagen AG is going to not take his/her money? Of course they're going to build it. They need to generate positive cashflow (now more than ever with the Porsche acquisition) and the incremental unit is very profitable unless the factory is truly fully utilized; which in this downturn I guarantee it's not.

For example - Jaguar promised no more than 500 XFRs would come to the USA -- well what happened -> 519 already have come across the pond and you can still order one too if you can't find the color you like in the USA.
Old 10-30-2009, 12:27 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Try Paul Bowman at the Audi Exchange. I just picked up a 6 speed prestige that they had ordered but unallocated when I went in to look a month ago. Fair deal, and he is probably the most knowledgable "car guy" salesperson I have ever worked with.
Old 10-30-2009, 02:42 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by MbaGsb98
Don't believe the 3000 limit at all. This is a marketing gimmick to create the illusion of exlusivity - to try to hold the line on pricing/incentives.

Let's say it's May and a customer walks into a dealership and says 'I want an S4' - do you think that Audi of America or Volkswagen AG is going to not take his/her money? Of course they're going to build it. They need to generate positive cashflow (now more than ever with the Porsche acquisition) and the incremental unit is very profitable unless the factory is truly fully utilized; which in this downturn I guarantee it's not.

For example - Jaguar promised no more than 500 XFRs would come to the USA -- well what happened -> 519 already have come across the pond and you can still order one too if you can't find the color you like in the USA.
I wouldn't be to sure about that. The dealer I bought from, which is the only one within a 90 mile radius, was only allocated 1 so far this year. That was mine and I took delivery on it last month. He has 3 people waiting to order but still has still not received another allocation from Audi to be able to place another order. Since I have already bought, what good would it do him to lie?

Greg
Old 10-30-2009, 04:41 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by csk7
So I've been wanting an S4 for a very long time (the entire B6/B7 generation)! For numerous reasons, I just never got into one. I've been reading the various forums on and off but don't post too much since I don't own one. Hopefully no one flames me for this as there are plenty of pricing threads around but can't find one which talks about pricing in my area. I was very close to pulling the trigger on an order tonight but wasn't sure how people are faring with discounts around Chicago. I got an offer around 1,000 off MSRP which is about 3,000 over invoice. Does this seem reasonable around this area? I do not currently own an Audi, so no Loyalty Discount, nor do I work for an Audi supplier, so no discount there either. I am also posting this in numerous places so please don't get too annoyed with me if you see this elsewhere! Thanks in advance for any feedback.
Dude, everyone around here is going to come in a brag about the awesome deal they got. At the end of the day there are plenty of other people who don't post in these threads because they paid close to MSRP or got $500 - $1000 off. It depends upon where you live and the saturation of Audi dealers in that area. There is usually a dealer semi local who ****** the market out. It happens in every business. If you can find one local to you great. If not take the $1000 off and try to get them to throw in Audi Care or beat them up for another $500-$1000. Just tell them that's what it will take to get you in the car. Be sure they give you the buy rates for the financing/lease. Say no to a security deposit and any type of dealers fees. You'd be surprised how things like that add up and can seriously affect your payment.

Try checking the Amex/Zag site. If there is a ***** in your area they will be on this site giving cars away at $500-$1500 over invoice. http://amexnetwork.zag.com/main.html

In reality though, you're buying/leasing a car that is going to be $900-$1050 a month and $60,000 MSRP or so fully loaded. I'm going to assume that if you pay $50-$75 a month more than someone who got an "awesome" deal you won't even notice it a bit financially. Don't even worry about it. Enjoy your new car.

Quick Reply: Chicagoland pricing?