S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

ChipWerke module for S4

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2015, 10:23 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ChipWerke module for S4

Hey all,

Just leased a 2016 manual s4. Love it so far.

Was thinking about using this ChipWerke module to add some extra horsepower, but had a few questions / concerns.

Here's the link:
Audi S4 (B8) 3.0 TFSI (2009 and later) 333 HP ? ChipWerke Pro Gasoline | ChipWerke

1. My biggest concern is voiding the warranty since this is a lease. As far as I can tell, this *shouldn't* have any effect since there is no actual reprogramming of the ECU and it shouldn't result in the TD1 flag. I just wanted to make absolutely sure of this as it is a deal breaker otherwise.

2. Another deal breaker is if there is any possible damage to the vehicle. Again, it doesn't seem like there should be but I wanted to double check. I have a manual transmission and the optional sport differential, not sure if either of those things would make a difference.

3. How easy is it to install / remove? I pretty much know nothing about the inner workings of these cars. I've heard these are pretty simple to install though and wanted to see if I could get feedback from anyone who actually has one. I'd probably be removing it before any kind of service.

Thanks!
Old 09-27-2015, 03:15 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by tonalvoltage
Hey all,

Just leased a 2016 manual s4. Love it so far.

Was thinking about using this ChipWerke module to add some extra horsepower, but had a few questions / concerns.

Here's the link:
Audi S4 (B8) 3.0 TFSI (2009 and later) 333 HP ? ChipWerke Pro Gasoline | ChipWerke

1. My biggest concern is voiding the warranty since this is a lease. As far as I can tell, this *shouldn't* have any effect since there is no actual reprogramming of the ECU and it shouldn't result in the TD1 flag. I just wanted to make absolutely sure of this as it is a deal breaker otherwise.

2. Another deal breaker is if there is any possible damage to the vehicle. Again, it doesn't seem like there should be but I wanted to double check. I have a manual transmission and the optional sport differential, not sure if either of those things would make a difference.

3. How easy is it to install / remove? I pretty much know nothing about the inner workings of these cars. I've heard these are pretty simple to install though and wanted to see if I could get feedback from anyone who actually has one. I'd probably be removing it before any kind of service.

Thanks!
From what I have gleaned from the 68 (and counting) pages:

1) It won't void your warranty as long as you remove it before service. Dealer does not have equipment to distinguish that it had been on. Although if problems occur, Audi could have more sophisticated equipment that potentially could detect it.

2) It is safe, as long as you stay within the adjustable parameters. MT and AD have no influence

3) Real easy to install and remove. Just pop off a connector/s and plug it in. Use jiffy ties to affix in place..

I've considered getting one but can't justify the need for any more performance on the street.
Old 10-22-2015, 07:11 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Informational Chipwerke Dial Settings

• ChipWerke settings changes depends on each individual vehicles;Diesel, Gasoline,Supercharged,Turbo,Transmission(Automatic or Manual),Also your neighborhood fuel quality etc. They all affect programming (Map) therefore dial settings.
  • Dial 1 (Power) it raises up the map on program so you will get more boost or fuel pressure depends on your connections.
  • Dial 2(Rpm) it determines when the chip tuning programs ends(for example:When sensor voltages reaches 1.2v to 5v depend om setting it will not add any more power.Easiest way explain it will determine to your power band on RPM you can carry power Between 1500 rpm to 8000 rpm,depends on vehicles.
  • Dial 2 not always active(determined by program,for example: Audi 3.0 TFSI cars program does not activate dial 2 so turning dial 2 will not affect anything)
  • On each dial 8 is beginning (minumum), 7 is end (maximum), But it does not mean that you can turn up your settings all the way up 7. Chipwerke does not bypass your vehicles security parameters if you turn up the dial more than Factory Settings you may get CEL (check engine light) and limited power because of vehicle’s ECU security parameters.That means chipwerke can not damage your engine so you are safe.