S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Dealership Fees

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2009, 08:18 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dealership Fees

I'm trying to figure out which Audi dealer fees are legitimate, and which are used to inflate profits. I was hoping to see what other people are being charged at signing. I know these fees vary by region. The fees I'm really curious about are the regional advertising fee and the PDI fee. Any input would be helpful.
Old 12-23-2009, 08:43 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by javierag
I'm trying to figure out which Audi dealer fees are legitimate, and which are used to inflate profits. I was hoping to see what other people are being charged at signing. I know these fees vary by region. The fees I'm really curious about are the regional advertising fee and the PDI fee. Any input would be helpful.
i believe this goes for all states! the ONLY fees you are responsible for are the car cost, taxes and registration fees set up by your local DMV.THATS IT! anything else is profit! reg. fees usually consist of plate fees and tire fees. Approx 100 dollars but that varies state to state. Advertising fees, prep fees are all BS. BUT, that doesnt mean that your not going to pay them if you want the car.
Old 12-23-2009, 08:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

You can argue equally well that these fees are profit or that they are legitimate. In a sense it's the same thing as the dealer does have to make "extra" profit to pay for regional advertising that they benefit from.

I've seen dealerships walk business over refusing to waive these fees and I've seen other dealers that will drop them at the blink of an eye.

Like anything else, it is negotiable and a lot might depend on whether you are custom ordering a vehicle or taking something off of the lot that the dealer is already paying for the storage and care of.

Buying at the end of the month or during a historically slow time of year (mid winter comes to mind) typically puts buyers in a better position also.

Remember that Audis don't have holdback. Most dealerships will expect to get at least a few percentage points over invoice. On the flip side if a dealer is desperate to sell one last car in order to get a better allocation they might let that car go at a loss.

It's all relative really.
Old 12-23-2009, 09:06 AM
AudiWorld Super User

It's a port prep fee, not a PDI fee. They are legit. They appear on every invoice from Audi, Edmunds even discusses them as valid. It's been discussed repeatedly. Search is your friend.