S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Hi everyone.. I am new and need help :)

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2015, 05:01 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hi everyone.. I am new and need help :)

Hi all,

I am new to the forum and looking to get a 2013 audi s4 this weekend. I am so exciting about the car and test drove the car yesterday. But before I make the purchase I have few questions and need your guys help.

- What is the different between 2013, and 2014 model. I found another offer as 2014 but the price is 10k more, I do not know if is worth the money.

- I test drove the car yesterday and did not notice any weird thing on the car. What should I look/check the car before I purchase the car. This is my very first time walking into a dealer and buying an luxury car by myself. Please help!

- Does 2013 s4 premium plus has usb port? I am okay even just for charging my phone but not actually connect to the MMI.

- The passenger side high beam light is not working (Dealer say they will fix it before I buy), and I checked the carfax saying the car is clean, but showing record "Rear brake pads and rotors replaced". are these common problems for s4?

- I live in east coast area, and the car is in white color, with red/black interior, about 29k mileage. with the information above the dealer is asking for 39k. do you guys think is a rid off? or is this market price? I can afford the price but again this is my first time buying car by myself and do not want to get rid off .

I am really appreciate your guys help. and will joining the S4 family soon!!!
Old 01-21-2015, 05:18 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by vickytang1
Hi all,

I am new to the forum and looking to get a 2013 audi s4 this weekend. I am so exciting about the car and test drove the car yesterday. But before I make the purchase I have few questions and need your guys help.

- What is the different between 2013, and 2014 model. I found another offer as 2014 but the price is 10k more, I do not know if is worth the money.

- I test drove the car yesterday and did not notice any weird thing on the car. What should I look/check the car before I purchase the car. This is my very first time walking into a dealer and buying an luxury car by myself. Please help!

- Does 2013 s4 premium plus has usb port? I am okay even just for charging my phone but not actually connect to the MMI.

- The passenger side high beam light is not working (Dealer say they will fix it before I buy), and I checked the carfax saying the car is clean, but showing record "Rear brake pads and rotors replaced". are these common problems for s4?

- I live in east coast area, and the car is in white color, with red/black interior, about 29k mileage. with the information above the dealer is asking for 39k. do you guys think is a rid off? or is this market price? I can afford the price but again this is my first time buying car by myself and do not want to get rid off .

I am really appreciate your guys help. and will joining the S4 family soon!!!
Hi there,

I owed both, the 2013 and 2014 S4 and there are only minor changes such as side assist as stand alone option therefore I will not matter which year you are getting.

As far as used car values there is a lot of information missing, first you need to find out what the new MSRP for that particular car was. What options are there such as Navigation, Nappa leather, B&O Sound etc.

A well equipped S4 with about 30k miles is listed for around $42k here in the southern US.

The more information you provide here the better we can help.
Old 01-21-2015, 05:55 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thank you so much for the fast reply!!

The sticker price saying MSRP is about 57k.

I do not remember the exact option it has, but it equipped navigation, nappa leather in red, B&O, MMI, 19" wheel, NO sport diff., NO carbon fiber panel, and I believe it has advance key since I don't need the key to open the door and start the car.
Old 01-21-2015, 05:58 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I don't know how to edit my comment......

but, It has back up camera also.

I am in Love with the s4 torque
Old 01-21-2015, 05:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

I do not remember the exact option it has, but it equipped navigation, nappa leather in red, B&O, MMI, 19" wheel, NO sport diff., NO carbon fiber panel, and I believe it has advance key since I don't need the key to open the door and start the car.
With those options the price seems pretty reasonable. Mileage isn't bad and it's got a decent collection of options.
Old 01-21-2015, 06:11 AM
AudiWorld Member

No rear sports difff?? I would pass...the car is not the same without it and I had heard it here in the forum so many times...
Old 01-21-2015, 06:23 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Are there anything I should pay attention on and check/inspect it before purchase?
Old 01-21-2015, 06:49 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Are there anything I should pay attention on and check/inspect it before purchase?
If it's a 2013 or 14 you'll have little to worry about...especially if it's a CPO. I would definitely try to get the rear diff though.
Old 01-21-2015, 08:36 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Hi Guys,

I was talking to the salesman, trying to get to know all the option the car has. the list is below:

- MSRP $59500
- white metallic color
- black/ magma red interior / Fine nappa leather
- MMI navigation plus package
- Adaptive damping suspension
- Quattro with sport diff.
- B&O
- 19" 5-segment with summer tires
- advanced key
- supercharged badges
- front filter panel

look like it is fully loaded with all options offer by audi. LOL or is there something I missing?
Old 01-21-2015, 09:10 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sounds like a great car at a great price. Very little difference between 2013 and 2014. I assume it will come with the remainder of the factory warranty. BTW, I would suggest asking the Sales rep if the car could be Certified. If he says no, I would be suspicious . If he says yes, it usually costs an extra $2k for the dealer do do so. BUT you will get a much longer warranty. Its probably worth the extra money.

Quick Reply: Hi everyone.. I am new and need help :)