S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

How late can you change color on a order?

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2011, 03:55 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How late can you change color on a order?

I ordered Ice Siver with titanium package in early December. My delivery date is in mid March. But recently I've seen pics of Meteor Gray with ti and I like that too. I like how the rims blend with the color much better than the silver. Before seeing the pic I was certain I wanted the silver and nothing else, and now, I am not quite sure. Before I liked how the rims and the silver contrasted each other...like it does in Ibis White. But I like how the rims and the Meteor blends well together too. If I had my way I'd see these two cars in person first, but no chance. So I am left wondering if I can change the color with two months left on the delivery. I am going down to Audi dealer to see if the have any Meteor A4's around. Until then I'll be wondering.
Old 01-15-2011, 04:44 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

You have until about 4 or 5 days before the actually start building the car. I tried to change the color with about 3 days before the actual manufacturing began on my car and it was a day to late.

I wouldn't wait to long...but you should be able to still change it.

I like both the Meteor and the Ice... Hard choice between those 2. My opinion is that you can't go wrong either way.

The Ice will probably show less dirt and hide minor scratches slightly better.

Good luck!
Old 01-16-2011, 09:12 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I'm in the same boat. Car arrives mid march and my order thus far is Quartz Gray with Titanium.
I keep going back and forth between Quartz w/Ti and Ibis w/Ti.

Does anyone have a picture of quartz gray with Titanium?
I would be very grateful for that.
Old 01-17-2011, 01:03 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Audi55
Does anyone have a picture of quartz gray with Titanium? I would be very grateful for that.
I should be picking up my Quartz with Ti later this week. I'll get some pics posted on the forum.
Old 01-17-2011, 04:21 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Audi55
I'm in the same boat. Car arrives mid march and my order thus far is Quartz Gray with Titanium.
I keep going back and forth between Quartz w/Ti and Ibis w/Ti.

Does anyone have a picture of quartz gray with Titanium?
I would be very grateful for that.
If you search this forum there are pics of all of them. I am just weary because the photos and seeing it in person can be different. I am going with Ice since it will show up scratches less, and I didn't like Meteor color on regular A4's. I wanted a lighter, more "cheerful" color. Ibis looks great with titanium. Originally I was choosing between white and silver, but we had a white car in the family so I decided against it. Right now we have another gray car in the family so that's another reason I am going with silver. Ibis looks great if you want the contrasting color between rims and the paint, and Meteor is great if you want the car to have a uniform look.