S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

How much to lease an s4 b8 ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2011, 11:47 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default How much to lease an s4 b8 ?

How much (about) will cost an s4 b7 to lease per month?

Thenx
Old 01-12-2011, 09:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

figure 700-800 a month depending on options with nothing down minus tax, title, blah blah....
Old 01-12-2011, 09:56 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It depends on the MSRP, miles per year, lease term and interest rate at current time(money factor). A lightly loaded $50k MSRP, 10K miles/yr/ 36-42 month term should cost you between $720-800/ month including tax depending what your state tax is. Figure on putting down over $1000 at lease inception since you will need to pay for title and transfers plus you first month lease payment. Purchasing Audicare increases your residual by 1% and that lowers your lease payment. If you think you are going to get much loewr than that, you will be disappointed. These cars are in short supply and high demand. Getting a highly optioned Prestige model or getting 15K miles instead of 10K will significantly increse your paymemt and could go over $1000/ month.
Old 01-12-2011, 11:24 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thenx guys. Would you guys suggest financing a S4 or leasing one?
Old 01-13-2011, 01:31 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

prestige pkg with sport diff, ~$830/mo for 36 mo, assumed $15,000 miles/yr. Paid cash for Audi Care.

I was originally considering almost ~$30K down + finance. Or full cash purchase. But as the finance guy was having me sign the finance paperwork, he was jabbering about how some people would use the $30K toward a lease, then decide at the end if you want to drop off the car+keys or buy it out right for the left over $29.5K -- try before you buy and don't finance the second half if you don't need to. Also you end up not committing the sales tax on the second half of the car today. At that point, we stopped and did the math to compare the finance vs the lease and ended up very similar numbers (minus the tax and finance interest on the residual), so I chose the piece of mind to not inherit reliability issues down the road by default. In the end, it's just moving money around. Do the math and weigh the pros/cons. I also change cars frequently...so if you keep your car for a long time (or do not have a business/job to deduct from), lease would probably not be the best option.

my 2 cents.
Old 01-13-2011, 02:17 AM
AudiWorld Member

The tax issue also varies by state. In Illinois, if you lease a vehicle, you play tax on the FULL sticker price (not the negotiated price) of the car upfront or roll it into your payments. If you then decide to buy that car at after the lease, you play tax AGAIN on the residual value! It is really messed up. I thought double taxation was illegal...
Old 01-13-2011, 09:54 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by carguyrob
I thought double taxation was illegal...
Not in the state that just hiked personal income tax by 66% and corp tax by 46%.

To avoid double taxation, you can do a Premier Purchase. The payments are usually pretty close, and it's a good option to exercise especially if you think you will want to keep the vehicle at the end of the term.

I did a "PP" (ha, ha) with my '05 S4, and had I not been in an accident at 5k miles costing more than $30k to repair (and the insurance company didn't total the car), I would have likely kept it.
Old 01-13-2011, 10:25 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by 3Vil_twin
Thenx guys. Would you guys suggest financing a S4 or leasing one?
I personaly would never ever lease again (especially if you can get an inv price, which i have alway managed to do) even in FL, for reasons that I just dont have enough time to get into. Even thinking about the possibility sends chills up my spine. But thats just me
Old 01-13-2011, 10:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by carguyrob
The tax issue also varies by state. In Illinois, if you lease a vehicle, you play tax on the FULL sticker price (not the negotiated price) of the car upfront or roll it into your payments. If you then decide to buy that car at after the lease, you play tax AGAIN on the residual value! It is really messed up. I thought double taxation was illegal...
I don't see whats wrong with that. Its 2 different items being taxed. Two separate transactions entirely.

Item 1: usage of a car for 3 years.
Item 2: purchase of a car which is 3 years old
Old 01-13-2011, 11:26 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Another bad thing is that the buy out price is determined by multiplying the residual value to the msrp of the car. Unless you didn't negotiate at all, the cost is usually less than msrp when buying a new car.

Quick Reply: How much to lease an s4 b8 ?