S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Just ordered a 2014 S4!!! but...

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2014, 09:27 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just ordered a 2014 S4!!! but...

hello everyone, my first post. i just placed an order for an ice silver 2014 S4, 6MT, sports diff, nav, and 19's. i emailed numerous dealers and got a great price playing them off each other. thinking there's no way anyone could go any lower, i went in, signed some papers, and put down a deposit. of course, after i get home, i get an email from another dealer saying he'd go even lower, low enough that it's causing me a little angst. i'm happy with the price i signed for, as it's significantly lower than everyone else's, except for this one dealer. is there anything i could do to either get out of the deal (doubtful) or do you think the dealer would be nice enough to match the price, even though i already put down a deposit? anyone have an experience like this? in any case, i'm happy to be joining the S4 family!
Old 02-28-2014, 05:06 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by myb24
hello everyone, my first post. i just placed an order for an ice silver 2014 S4, 6MT, sports diff, nav, and 19's. i emailed numerous dealers and got a great price playing them off each other. thinking there's no way anyone could go any lower, i went in, signed some papers, and put down a deposit. of course, after i get home, i get an email from another dealer saying he'd go even lower, low enough that it's causing me a little angst. i'm happy with the price i signed for, as it's significantly lower than everyone else's, except for this one dealer. is there anything i could do to either get out of the deal (doubtful) or do you think the dealer would be nice enough to match the price, even though i already put down a deposit? anyone have an experience like this? in any case, i'm happy to be joining the S4 family!
You signed a contract, you're stuck with it. There is always going to be a better deal out there if you look long enough. You could ask your dealer to match the price, but why would they? Just be happy you got a good deal and look forward to delivery.
Old 02-28-2014, 05:17 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Muggsy2006
You signed a contract, you're stuck with it. There is always going to be a better deal out there if you look long enough. You could ask your dealer to match the price, but why would they? Just be happy you got a good deal and look forward to delivery.
Almost all dealers will let you out of a deposit with most even refunding the deposit. It's a dealer by dealer thing, but you could lose the deposit.
Old 02-28-2014, 05:43 AM
AudiWorld Member

How much of a difference are we talking about?
Old 02-28-2014, 07:18 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

500. Not that much but just enough to make me think. maybe i'll ask him to throw in the carbon inlays. haha. again, i got a pretty good price regardless, 5200 off MSRP, plus whatever loyalty incentive (wife has a 2013 Q5 2.0) they have when it gets delivered (currently 1000), so i don't care that much. plus, the salesperson was cool and the dealer is close to my house, so i guess i could look at it as a little extra commission for good service. thanks for the reply guys. now the hard part of waiting 3 months!!
Old 02-28-2014, 07:21 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

500. Not that much but just enough to make me think. maybe i'll ask him to throw in the carbon inlays. haha. again, i got a pretty good price regardless, 5200 off MSRP, plus whatever loyalty incentive (wife has a 2013 Q5 2.0) they have when it gets delivered (currently 1000), so i don't care that much. plus, the salesperson was cool and the dealer is close to my house, so i guess i could look at it as a little extra commission for good service. thanks for the reply guys. now the hard part of waiting 3 months!!
$500 is what it is, but looking at the experience you received and that it is a place you will visit for maintenance, was it worth $500 over the other dealership?

Good deal for sure
Old 02-28-2014, 07:28 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

exactly sir. i'm not sweating it anymore, pretty satisfied. of course, i tell the wife it's not a big deal, and she goes "aw man that's a shopping spree!" hahaha. women.
Old 02-28-2014, 08:51 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You deposit is refundable. And unless the dealership with which you signed the contract is a lot farther from your home, or there are other mitigating circumstances, forgetabout it. Make sure the dealer has allocation
Old 02-28-2014, 09:13 AM
AudiWorld Member

...i tell the wife...
That's where you went wrong. Ha ha.
Old 02-28-2014, 09:30 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by DrGP
You deposit is refundable. And unless the dealership with which you signed the contract is a lot farther from your home, or there are other mitigating circumstances, forgetabout it. Make sure the dealer has allocation
dealership is the closest to my house, and we get our Q5 serviced there already, so i'm sure the level of service i will get will more than offset the 500.

Quick Reply: Just ordered a 2014 S4!!! but...