S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Loose door panels?

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2011, 08:18 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pull off both door panels(carefully and properly) and see if it still makes the noises-process of elimination.If so check any and all WIRES and window regulators for looseness.
I have good experience with this and learned that foam/felt and double stick tape can be ur best friends with these sort of issues.
Just in case ur not feeling to bring it to the dealer.
Old 12-17-2011, 09:50 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I have the same issue with my 2012 that I received in July as well.

Both driver and passenger side door panels rattle on bumpy roads.
Old 12-18-2011, 06:22 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BLACK10-S4P
Pull off both door panels(carefully and properly) and see if it still makes the noises-process of elimination.If so check any and all WIRES and window regulators for looseness.
I have good experience with this and learned that foam/felt and double stick tape can be ur best friends with these sort of issues.
Just in case ur not feeling to bring it to the dealer.
Good thought and normally I would try to troubleshoot something like this myself, I'm just so busy these days at work and with a toddler at home that I don't have the time. I'll take it to the dealer and have the troubleshoot
Old 12-21-2011, 07:01 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Same problem here on bumpy roads (we have a lot of them here in Quebec!).
The noise is only on the driver's side.
Old 12-21-2011, 07:06 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 80 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by DrGT
Same problem here on bumpy roads (we have a lot of them here in Quebec!).
The noise is only on the driver's side.
Mine's only on the driver's side too. Very annoying. I think the door is flexing and rubbing against the lower sill.
Old 12-22-2011, 06:12 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Yes, I've heard the movement of the door as well. Also, for the longest time I felt like I was having excessive roof creaking when going up inclines. Turns out it is actually the b and c pillar trim tha is the culprit. I would love to know if anyone has figured out how to fix the issue.
Old 12-22-2011, 08:15 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by rkdiddy
Yes, I've heard the movement of the door as well. Also, for the longest time I felt like I was having excessive roof creaking when going up inclines. Turns out it is actually the b and c pillar trim tha is the culprit. I would love to know if anyone has figured out how to fix the issue.
Had this issue too,not with the door but with rear noise ur saying.
Try bringing it to the dealer as on mine they adjusted the c-pillars and rear parcel shelf and seemed to help.
Old 12-22-2011, 10:09 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

^I will have them check it out next time I'm in for service. Thanks.
Old 05-22-2012, 07:20 PM
AudiWorld Member

I've been having this problem since I bought the car in May 2010. The rattle/squeak noise comes from the passenger side B pillar. It's been in and out of the dealer for this problem but nothing has been solved. this last time they sprayed some "special lube" and replaced both door seals. I think it made the problem worse. In the process the outer panel on the passenger side B-piller was cracked by the dealer. So now I have to take it back and have that replaced. This noise only occurs while driving on rough road or if the body flexes. Anyone have a solution to that problem?
Old 05-23-2012, 04:50 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I have a similar problem with my 2010 that comes from the passenger side. I have reached across and pressed on the pillar, door panel, armrest and anything else I can reach but cannot get the noise to stop. I am going to ask the dealer to take care of it when it goes in for the 55k service next week. Hopefully they don't give me the runaround like they have on the wind noise on my wife's new A6. This is a very irritating sound even with the radio playing at a reasonable volume level. Not what you expect from a $50k+ car.

Quick Reply: Loose door panels?