S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

My New '13 S4

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2013, 08:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sweet. The stone driveway is nice. I've thought about doing that but have not really looked into it. Please don't run black wheels. A mild drop and ecu upgrade is all it needs imo.
Old 02-23-2013, 09:34 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Onie
Sweet. The stone driveway is nice. I've thought about doing that but have not really looked into it. Please don't run black wheels. A mild drop and ecu upgrade is all it needs imo.
Out of the box this car has the lowest height of any car I've owned so I'm already nervous. Another drop and I'd be twice as bad.
Old 02-23-2013, 10:15 AM
AudiWorld Member

Just a mild drop. Eibach springs not that aggressive. All of my audi have had eibachs and I never had any problem rubbing. You just have to be aware. Slow down pulling in and out of driveways.
Old 02-23-2013, 11:05 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Farragone
Great to see another Knoxvillian on here. This was the third straight vehicle I've bought from Harper's. The service is so good I usually force myself into one of their brands. Shannon Harper always takes good care of me but Joey and Chris Shore are awesome as well.

No mods for me as I'm normally an OEM+ kind of guy. If I do anything in the future it will likely be an ECU upgrade from APR. Ceramic window tint is going on today (to help keep the black on black cool in the summer) and Harper's (by way of Fat Cat Customs) is wrapping the front in 3M Invisiblehield next Friday.

Let me know when you get it and we'll have an S-car meet up.
When I pull the trigger, this S4 will be the fourth car I've bought from Harpers.

Looks like we have similar tastes. I'm looking to do the following upon arrival of my new ride:

- Huper Optik tint
- Bel-Stil Plus Radar (with Radar-Mirror install)
- Xpel Film (i'm debating on doing full car matte application) also from Fat Cat Customs
- APR ECU Chip

Question: why did you opt for the 3M vs. the XPEL?
Old 02-23-2013, 02:15 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by s4sleeper

Question: why did you opt for the 3M vs. the XPEL?
Actually, I was assuming he would use the 3M but I will research XPEL and see if I should go that route. I'm taking it you think highly of that product?
Old 02-23-2013, 03:52 PM
AudiWorld Member

Actually, I was assuming he would use the 3M but I will research XPEL and see if I should go that route. I'm taking it you think highly of that product?
I don't have experience with either one but others on AW and Audizine have suggested XPEL.
Old 02-24-2013, 04:04 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I don't have experience with either one but others on AW and Audizine have suggested XPEL.
Thanks for the heads-up. I'm going to do some research and see which way to go. There is still time to change my mind.
Old 02-24-2013, 05:09 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Congrats and good job on getting one with sport diff, it makes all the difference in the world in corners. Also I have dealt with the 3M and its been really good, but I have also heard good stuff about XPEL
Old 02-24-2013, 08:03 AM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks for the heads-up. I'm going to do some research and see which way to go. There is still time to change my mind.
It might be cost prohibitive, but I thought this looked really cool - especially on a black car. XPEL Matte

Old 02-25-2013, 03:28 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

It might be cost prohibitive, but I thought this looked really cool - especially on a black car. XPEL Matte
I can't imagine what a full wrap would cost but that looks cool.

I have decided to go with clear XPEL Ultimate on the hood and bumper. Can't wait to get it on this Friday.

Quick Reply: My New '13 S4