S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Navi + Current Street Name?

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2011, 10:56 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by carguyrob
I have had my S4 for nearly 6 months. You do get used to the Navi over time. Of course, the other car in the household is a '09 Acura MDX...so I get a constant reminder of an easy-to-use Nav system.

You can move the map like in the Acura. You move around the little black joystick on the top of the MMI wheel. When you are done, press the return key below the MMI wheel (this is the same concept as 'cancel' on an Acura).

Oh sweet going to check the map moving functions tonight. I finally hit 300 miles today but barely used the nav except for decoration purposes.

"JackyNYC,

I'm hoping its just going to take me time to get used to this system as well. Looking at 3D buildings downtown is neat but right now I miss solid functionality that I actually used. I do like the in dash display for route guidance! Thats amazing! "

TO407S4,

I'm actually not crazy about the route guidance because it cuts off my speedometer. With the retarded speed limit of nyc and how fast our cars go. I need to be looking at the speedometer to make sure i don't get a ticket. Would you know how to switch the display back to the speedometer when nav is in use?

Thanks
Old 03-22-2011, 11:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by JackyNYC

I'm actually not crazy about the route guidance because it cuts off my speedometer. With the retarded speed limit of nyc and how fast our cars go. I need to be looking at the speedometer to make sure i don't get a ticket. Would you know how to switch the display back to the speedometer when nav is in use?

Thanks
Right side steering wheel stalk. Button on the bottom of that stalk lets you toggle through the different center display. There is also an up/down button on the end of the stalk that lets you change functions on the display. Play with it some time while you are not driving and you will see there is a lot of information there and it is pretty user friendly when you get used to it.
Old 03-22-2011, 02:04 PM
AudiWorld Member

On my long commute home from work I found out if you hit the INFO button while in the NAVI screen it'll show you the current road. Not the most convenient thing in the world but it'll work when your lost and telling someone what street your on.
Old 03-22-2011, 04:14 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by TO407S4
On my long commute home from work I found out if you hit the INFO button while in the NAVI screen it'll show you the current road. Not the most convenient thing in the world but it'll work when your lost and telling someone what street your on.
I thought the purpose of the Navi was NOT to get lost!! LOL
Old 03-22-2011, 05:10 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by tallers
I thought the purpose of the Navi was NOT to get lost!! LOL
When your in a big city where streets change often its not to long until the GPS isn't up to date anymore. Doesn't seem like I'm the only one missing the current street details that existed on the competitors cars.