S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

New guy needs help (pricing)

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2014, 07:48 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ordered mine end of feb and got 10% off msrp. I would just email all of the dealers in your area and play them off each other. You should be able to do better than $2000 off. End of month seems to be the best time to deal, as they're trying to meet their sales quotas.
Old 05-06-2014, 07:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Timmay
I don't expect them to raise the prices too much though. I think they're in a sort of a sweet spot as it is and they don't want potential customers to walk away from their brand. Talk about raising prices, take a look at how costly the new BMW M3 is! It think it starts at $62k!! It's going to be a best but still.....
Just a guess, but I think mid-$50's sweet spot of a B8 will be starting point in a B9, with majority having MSRP over $60K. Pretty easy to get an S6 up to $80k and it sounds like an S3 could be high 40's when optioned so I'm guessing the S4 might go up at least 10% for B9 vs. B8 to fit in between. Anyone wanting something cheaper can go S3 I suspect. As you said, BMW not getting cheaper either, as options will take that $62K into $70's pretty easily. Even Caddy is upping prices - buddy bought a CTS V-Sport with $70K+ MSRP.
Old 05-06-2014, 07:57 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RickFLS4
Just a guess, but I think mid-$50's sweet spot of a B8 will be starting point in a B9, with majority having MSRP over $60K. Pretty easy to get an S6 up to $80k and it sounds like an S3 could be high 40's when optioned so I'm guessing the S4 might go up at least 10% for B9 vs. B8 to fit in between. Anyone wanting something cheaper can go S3 I suspect. As you said, BMW not getting cheaper either, as options will take that $62K into $70's pretty easily. Even Caddy is upping prices - buddy bought a CTS V-Sport with $70K+ MSRP.
Yeah prices are getting nuts. Speaking of the CTS-V I had the chance to drive one on a track (Road Atlanta) a couple of years ago. A monster of a car but I'd never drop that kind of $$ on a GM. Interior quality sucks no matter what and I just frankly don't trust GM as a brand. LOL that car gets like 10 mpg too. Now the new Stingray Vette may be another story but in the end I don't want a 2 seater.
Old 05-06-2014, 08:21 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Timmay
Yeah prices are getting nuts. Speaking of the CTS-V I had the chance to drive one on a track (Road Atlanta) a couple of years ago. A monster of a car but I'd never drop that kind of $$ on a GM. Interior quality sucks no matter what and I just frankly don't trust GM as a brand. LOL that car gets like 10 mpg too. Now the new Stingray Vette may be another story but in the end I don't want a 2 seater.
Actually, the CTS V-Sport is slotted between the "regular" CTS and the V. I think it lines up with the S6. All new design and interior is nicer - but has CUE which seems universally hated. My buddy loves the car. I haven't seen it yet but it sounds impressive on paper.

Hard for me to spend $70K+ on a Caddy as well, but if they come out with an ATS V-Sport or ATS V that is nice and priced in the S4 range, I'd take a look at it when the time comes, particularly if Audi over-reaches with pricing. I share your concerns about GM as a brand, though. I just extended warranty to 2019 so I won't be too worried about it for a while.

The Vette convertible is growing on me but I still don't like the looks of the coupe. Pretty incredible performance per $ but still, gotta like it and I also am not too interested in a 2-seater.
Old 05-06-2014, 08:32 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ahhh forgive me I overlooked the fact you were referring to the CTS V-sport which is a different beast. I forgot they've added a new model. For the record I was in fact talking about the CTS-V which of course is/was a beast when I drove it. Fun for a free track day when I had the opportunity but not going to buy one. I personally just won't cross-shop the Caddie with an Audi regardless of the performance levels. I can't stand the cheap hard plastics and the general aesthetics of GM cars.
Old 05-06-2014, 09:28 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I have decided its best to join ACNA and get the 6% off of a 2015.
Old 05-06-2014, 09:59 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Kyle_M
I have decided its best to join ACNA and get the 6% off of a 2015.
I think that's a good call vs. only $2K off a 2014.
Old 05-06-2014, 10:39 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Yes, even paying $750 for lifetime membership it makes a ton of sense. I still save almost $2,700 on a 2015 after paying that.
Old 05-12-2014, 12:04 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Another new/old guy here. I'm just starting the shopping and haven't picked a dealer yet, but am confused about the pricing. No, not a discount, just the price. I can go on to the Audi web site and build a car with a price shown. If I go to a dealer site and check inventory the price listed is 5 or 6 thousand higher. What gives? I know, I could call the dealer, but don't want to give them any info at this time. BTW, this is pretty much for all dealers. They are showing an S4 Prestige at $64,950 and no way I can get the build price that high. I suspect the build price does not show delivery, but that is under $1000.
Old 05-12-2014, 12:22 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by gforaker
Another new/old guy here. I'm just starting the shopping and haven't picked a dealer yet, but am confused about the pricing. No, not a discount, just the price. I can go on to the Audi web site and build a car with a price shown. If I go to a dealer site and check inventory the price listed is 5 or 6 thousand higher. What gives? I know, I could call the dealer, but don't want to give them any info at this time. BTW, this is pretty much for all dealers. They are showing an S4 Prestige at $64,950 and no way I can get the build price that high. I suspect the build price does not show delivery, but that is under $1000.
Had no tracking tracking the web site build exactly with the dealer numbers. Don't understand why you are getting different (higher) numbers.

Best

Quick Reply: New guy needs help (pricing)