S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

New S4...Dr. says I have an addiction

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2012, 09:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats!

I have Suntek Carbon on my car. No pinkish tint. Lets hope it works out
Old 02-19-2012, 06:42 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Dave0
My better half, who happens to be a clinical psychologist, informed me that my addiction to cars might exceed her patients' chemical addictions. But, hey, life's short.
I am a clinical psychologist, myself, and now own my 8th Audi. My '95 S6 was T-boned during a rainstorm on 4/5/1996. The passenger seat was completely flattened (luckily I was the only one in the car), but the side impact beam kept the station wagon that slammed into & through my Audi's passenger side, kept the other car at least 10" away from my driver's seat. The self-tensioning seatbelt broke my collar bone, but kept me safe. A Starflight helicopter was able to pull me out with a jaws of life & got me to the hospital through the storm in 10 minutes.

Unfortunately, my brain bounced around in my skull a few to many times, leading to a 7 week coma, 3 month hospitalization, and over a year of outpatient rehab. I didn't see patients for over 7 years, but kept getting Audis; which helped keep my self-esteem up. I've been seeing patients again for the past 8 years. It may be an addiction, but the healthiest one I've ever experienced or treated!

Last edited by drrick89; 02-19-2012 at 06:48 PM.
Old 02-20-2012, 05:19 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Dave0
Yes, had about 20 months left on a 36 month lease for the TT. They got me out of the TT lease and gave me a trade in credit of a few grand, plus audi loyalty of $1500, and then $750 above invoice for the S4.
Wow thats crazy! I stil cannot wrap my head around this deal. I have been trying to get out of my BMW lease ( a 2 year lease on '11 550) and the best I can get is that I would have to bring 15K to the table just to get out of the lease and you MADE money getting out of your lease?! I know that Audis have a bit better resale but I can't believe its this much. Just got back from a dealer and the best they gave me was 50K on a 82K car that is only 10 months old. You are very lucky!
Old 02-21-2012, 11:14 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by robertsalem
Wow thats crazy! I stil cannot wrap my head around this deal. I have been trying to get out of my BMW lease ( a 2 year lease on '11 550) and the best I can get is that I would have to bring 15K to the table just to get out of the lease and you MADE money getting out of your lease?! I know that Audis have a bit better resale but I can't believe its this much. Just got back from a dealer and the best they gave me was 50K on a 82K car that is only 10 months old. You are very lucky!
Since me daily commute is a little under 4 miles roundtrip, the TT only had about 6k miles on it when I traded it in. As we know, the pre-owned car market is doing quite well and the dealership was only too happy to take the TT off my hands. Plus, my family has bought over ten Audis from our salesman, who has always given us great deals.

I know all too well the sense of being trapped in a lease for a car that has suffered apocalyptic depreciation. About six years ago, I leased a Mercedes CLK 500 with the Brabus kit. Needless to say, the car was a rolling disaster and I had know choice but to ride out the lease and run like hell after I turned it in.
Old 02-21-2012, 11:20 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Welcome and enjoy your new ride!
Old 02-21-2012, 11:26 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by drrick89
I am a clinical psychologist, myself, and now own my 8th Audi. My '95 S6 was T-boned during a rainstorm on 4/5/1996. The passenger seat was completely flattened (luckily I was the only one in the car), but the side impact beam kept the station wagon that slammed into & through my Audi's passenger side, kept the other car at least 10" away from my driver's seat. The self-tensioning seatbelt broke my collar bone, but kept me safe. A Starflight helicopter was able to pull me out with a jaws of life & got me to the hospital through the storm in 10 minutes.

Unfortunately, my brain bounced around in my skull a few to many times, leading to a 7 week coma, 3 month hospitalization, and over a year of outpatient rehab. I didn't see patients for over 7 years, but kept getting Audis; which helped keep my self-esteem up. I've been seeing patients again for the past 8 years. It may be an addiction, but the healthiest one I've ever experienced or treated!
Yikes, that is a scary story. I'm glad to hear you've made a full recovery and were able to start practicing again. Thank God no one was riding with you. My wife did her post-doc at the VA in San Francisco researching TBIs and I've heard many harrowing stories that although similar to your's, didn't end up quite as well.