S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

new s4 seats

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2010, 11:12 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new s4 seats

I just ordered my S4 and I think I may be switching the seats I am getting. I am currently getting the all blk silk nappa leather. I was going to switch to the blk and white seats. What does everyone think. I ordered a white s4
Old 01-17-2010, 11:23 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by smiller
I just ordered my S4 and I think I may be switching the seats I am getting. I am currently getting the all blk silk nappa leather. I was going to switch to the blk and white seats. What does everyone think. I ordered a white s4
I don't think you can go wrong with either. All black is a nice contrast to the white exterior, but black and white is a perfect match also. If you are after uniqueness opt for black and white which is unique to the S4. I was in similar situation, but I am more of a purist and opted for black nappa.
Had they had a solid tan or brown I would have gone that route.
Old 01-17-2010, 11:31 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by 997C2S
I don't think you can go wrong with either. All black is a nice contrast to the white exterior, but black and white is a perfect match also. If you are after uniqueness opt for black and white which is unique to the S4. I was in similar situation, but I am more of a purist and opted for black nappa.
Had they had a solid tan or brown I would have gone that route.
How does the stainless steel inlays look?
Old 01-17-2010, 12:10 PM
AudiWorld Member

Let's just say I was going for Alcantara and the press car @ the dealership which is white with Magma sold me on the combo. I don't think you can go wrong with Magma on White or Black exterior.
Old 01-17-2010, 12:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

Will tell you in about a week or so when car arrives. I liked the contrast stainless offers and more expensive look than base trim. Wish it continued around center cluster though.

I will be bringing camera day of delivery and post pics ASAP.
Old 01-20-2010, 12:19 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

SS inlay is a nice added option. Dealer tossed it in when I bought the car. I don't think I would have sprung the extra coin for it though. I do have to admit the piano black trim around the shifter does look pretty sweet. Only downfall is the glossy finish shows every little smudge, so I find myself constantly cleaning it with my shirt.
Old 01-20-2010, 12:40 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Test drove an S4 today with the 2 tone white(silver as they call it) black seats. They look ok , but I love a black interior. My big concern is that once you log some time in the seats they will get dirty and you may not be able to clean them completely. A few years ago I was looking at a used S4 with silver leather seats. The car looked immaculate EXCEPT for the side bolsters which were extremely wrinkles and looked dirty. Since the side bolsters will be black, you might just be OK with it.
Old 01-20-2010, 05:05 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by DrGP
Test drove an S4 today with the 2 tone white(silver as they call it) black seats. They look ok , but I love a black interior. My big concern is that once you log some time in the seats they will get dirty and you may not be able to clean them completely. A few years ago I was looking at a used S4 with silver leather seats. The car looked immaculate EXCEPT for the side bolsters which were extremely wrinkles and looked dirty. Since the side bolsters will be black, you might just be OK with it.
I haven't had issues with the seats yet being super/noticeably dirty, but that time will come. This will happen with any seat, regardless of color, you just won't notice it as much and can be lazier about cleaning them =). They are for sure way more prone than all black to showing any stain that stems from something bad happening. I treated the seats some Aerospace 303 when I first picked up the car and I plan on wiping them down once a month. I don't have a whole lot of passenger time in my car so it's a bit less of an issue.

About the side bolsters, I have a feeling the way these seats are designed they are also going to wrinkle badly over the life of the car. It's noticeable to me everytime i get out of the car that I'm putting way more pressure/wear on the side bolsters than any other car I've had previously so I try to be more aware of how I get out of the car.