S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Ordered a 2010 S4 Brilliant Red, listed as Premium Plus, but is it a Prestige?

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2013, 11:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ordered a 2010 S4 Brilliant Red, listed as Premium Plus, but is it a Prestige?

Hey guys,

Very excited to finally get my first S4 !! - just finished paperwork and wired money yesterday and waiting for shipping confirmation - just ordered a 2010 Brilliant Red with Magma seats, Audi Drive Select, S-Tronic, Nav, push button start.

I'm buying the car from a non-Audi dealership out of state (getting it sight unseen too, which is a little scary, but I hired CarChex to check out the car thoroughly, and it still has 20k miles of warranty left.

Anyways, I noticed in the pix from CarChex that it had the memory seat buttons on the drivers door, isn't that a Prestige-only option? And was push button start a Prestige-only option in 2010 models?

Wondering if this dealer mis-listed the car as Premium Plus. Just curious...
Attached Images  
Old 01-10-2013, 04:01 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I'm new to Audi, just got mine Friday congrats to you. From what i have gathered (which i could be wrong for 2010, but) if it is prestige it should have the 19" rims and rear camera. I could be completely wrong, also i think the push start might be a prestige only option as well as you stated.
Old 01-10-2013, 04:15 PM
AudiWorld Member

If it does not have side assist it is not prestige. you have a premium plus with some options.
Old 01-10-2013, 09:24 PM
AudiWorld Member

^^^^^ driver assist was a$900.00 option for 2010 Prestige S4's.
Old 01-10-2013, 09:39 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jmk32
Hey guys,

Very excited to finally get my first S4 !! - just finished paperwork and wired money yesterday and waiting for shipping confirmation - just ordered a 2010 Brilliant Red with Magma seats, Audi Drive Select, S-Tronic, Nav, push button start.

I'm buying the car from a non-Audi dealership out of state (getting it sight unseen too, which is a little scary, but I hired CarChex to check out the car thoroughly, and it still has 20k miles of warranty left.

Anyways, I noticed in the pix from CarChex that it had the memory seat buttons on the drivers door, isn't that a Prestige-only option? And was push button start a Prestige-only option in 2010 models?

Wondering if this dealer mis-listed the car as Premium Plus. Just curious...
How do you order a 2010? Do you mean reserved or put a deposit on? Ordering is for new cars.
Old 01-11-2013, 03:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

Good luck with everything. How did you like using CarChex? How are you getting the car over to you?
Old 01-11-2013, 04:05 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by SFV A4
How do you order a 2010? Do you mean reserved or put a deposit on? Ordering is for new cars.
LOL. Guess I've been reading too many posts on this forum of folks ordering their cars. How about 'transacted' an S4
Old 01-11-2013, 04:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Tweakophyte
Good luck with everything. How did you like using CarChex? How are you getting the car over to you?
CarChex was helpful. May not have pulled the trigger without having an independent mechanic check this car out. They did a 100 plus point inspection inside and out and drove the car too and took pix of everything. Report had mostly checkboxes, would have liked more written feedback, but the car looked good.

Paid to have the dealership ship the car (over 300 miles), supposedly will either get it tonight or tomorrow. Can't wait to get it!!!,
Old 01-11-2013, 04:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

OP - I believe you got yourself a Prestige S4. The memory seats were only available on a Prestige model in 2010 and 2011 (became standard on all S4s in 2012). The push button start was also standard on the Prestige in 2010 and 2011, but not available on the Premium Plus (added as a stand alone option until 2012). Another item that was standard on the Prestige (but not available on the Premium Plus) included the tilt down outside mirror when you put the car in reverse.

As for backup camera, that was something odd. I believe the 2010 Prestige did NOT come with a backup camera, but it was included in Premium Plus models if you ordered the Nav. Go figure...this was fixed in 2011.

Side assist was an optional feature and could be had on either model in 2010 and 2011.

Your Prestige should also have the 19" 'peeler' wheels, B&O sound (which I can see in the picture) and Nav (all three optional on Premium Plus). Leather was optional on either trim level.

Hope this helps. (and hope I am 100% right here...)
Old 01-11-2013, 05:01 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by carguyrob
OP - I believe you got yourself a Prestige S4. The memory seats were only available on a Prestige model in 2010 and 2011 (became standard on all S4s in 2012). The push button start was also standard on the Prestige in 2010 and 2011, but not available on the Premium Plus (added as a stand alone option until 2012). Another item that was standard on the Prestige (but not available on the Premium Plus) included the tilt down outside mirror when you put the car in reverse.

As for backup camera, that was something odd. I believe the 2010 Prestige did NOT come with a backup camera, but it was included in Premium Plus models if you ordered the Nav. Go figure...this was fixed in 2011.

Side assist was an optional feature and could be had on either model in 2010 and 2011.

Your Prestige should also have the 19" 'peeler' wheels, B&O sound (which I can see in the picture) and Nav (all three optional on Premium Plus). Leather was optional on either trim level.

Hope this helps. (and hope I am 100% right here...)
This is helpful - thanks! It definitely has Nav and B&O sound and the 19" wheels (and why are they called 'peeler'?), so I guess it is a Prestige. That's a nice bonus and a better deal than I thought I was getting.

Bummer about the rear camera if it doesn't have that, I liked that feature. I don't think it has side assist. The best pic I have of the inside of the side mirrors is the one I posted here and I think the little cutout for the light would be visible in this pic if it had it.

Guess I'll find out for sure when it's delivered hopefully today!

Quick Reply: Ordered a 2010 S4 Brilliant Red, listed as Premium Plus, but is it a Prestige?