S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Pandora radio via Iphone?

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2011, 07:20 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pandora radio via Iphone?

May be this is obvious but having a flip phone until recently, I am kind of not up to date with the tech stuff. So I got an Iphone finally, not the 4S, just the regular 4, and downloaded Pandora. I want to listen to Pandora radio in my car, but whenever I plug in the Iphone to the car it only plays the MP3's, not the Pandora radio. Is there any way I can do this or it's just something that our cars don't support? Thanks.
Old 12-16-2011, 09:00 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Muray
May be this is obvious but having a flip phone until recently, I am kind of not up to date with the tech stuff. So I got an Iphone finally, not the 4S, just the regular 4, and downloaded Pandora. I want to listen to Pandora radio in my car, but whenever I plug in the Iphone to the car it only plays the MP3's, not the Pandora radio. Is there any way I can do this or it's just something that our cars don't support? Thanks.

It works for me in a 2011 with an Iphone 4S. It is a little tricky as the phone will always try to play itunes or other music first, but if you plug it in and then open Pandora and then press Play (>) in Pandora it works for me that way, it even shows the current song playing in the MMI screen. I have gone so far as to extend the IPOD cable out of the glove box to the center console so I can easily access the controls on the phone if I want to rate a song or skip a song, etc. Hope it works for you, just remember it always attempts to default to the music on the phone first, but is easy to override. At first I thought the next track button on the MMI(>>) worked in Pandora, but it doesn't.
Old 12-16-2011, 09:57 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by urojohn
It works for me in a 2011 with an Iphone 4S. It is a little tricky as the phone will always try to play itunes or other music first, but if you plug it in and then open Pandora and then press Play (>) in Pandora it works for me that way, it even shows the current song playing in the MMI screen. I have gone so far as to extend the IPOD cable out of the glove box to the center console so I can easily access the controls on the phone if I want to rate a song or skip a song, etc. Hope it works for you, just remember it always attempts to default to the music on the phone first, but is easy to override. At first I thought the next track button on the MMI(>>) worked in Pandora, but it doesn't.
Anyone able to get Pandora to work over bluetooth instead of the cable?
Old 12-16-2011, 10:25 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by MadMadS4
Anyone able to get Pandora to work over bluetooth instead of the cable?
NO, have tried many times and many permutations. Siri does work over bluetooth, however, to dicate emails and text messages.
Old 12-16-2011, 01:19 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Thanks for the info! I will try it tonight.
Old 12-16-2011, 05:46 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by urojohn
NO, have tried many times and many permutations. Siri does work over bluetooth, however, to dicate emails and text messages.
I also have a 2011 S4. I'd be curious to hear from the 2012 S4 owners. It could conceivably be a software version issue on the car itself.