S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

The S4 did a good job

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2017, 06:44 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The S4 did a good job

So tonight the wife and I went out to eat for our 1 yr anniversary. Afterwards we went to the grocery store to grab a few things. When we go out to the car to load the groceries there was some loud screaming at the far end of the parking lot. I thought it was just someone messing around at first so I pop the trunk and start loading bags.

Then the screaming got insanely loud. It was a woman's voice screaming at the top of her lungs. My wife stopped and said there's something wrong. I saw a corolla at the parking lot exit all by itself rolling a bit then stopping. There was barely any other cars in the parking lot and none by me because I always try to park away from other cars. But it was also late so the store was pretty empty. So I had a clear sight line to this car probably about 500 feet away leaving the parking lot. Then the woman started screaming so loud it was scary. Saying "someone please help me, oh my god help help, some pleeeease help". And I heard the door open and close and the car move a bit then stop as though she was trying to jump out of the car. And it sounded like she was struggling. My wife instantly started running toward the car to try to help this woman just on pure instinct but he was leaving. You could still hear the woman screaming getting more muffled as they pulled out of the parking lot. I yelled for her to get in the car and grabbed the bags out of the cart and chucked them in the trunk. I jumped in the car and got started, backed up, and pulled out heading in the direction the car was in. He had a really good head start so I knew I had to move quickly to be able to catch up before he got to the main road and blended in with traffic. So I put it to the floor.

The road out of the grocery store isn't all that long but I was doing 110 in no time. I caught up just as he was turning into traffic on the main road. I was able to squeeze out just in time to get right behind him. The whole time my wife's on the phone with 911 and were giving them the plate number and description. He was swerving around on the road then after about a mile he pulled into another parking lot. So we told the dispatcher the name of the store and then pulled into the next stores lot. We watched him get out and gave his description. Then a moment later 2 cops pulled in and got him. I don't know what exactly happened. Just saw them have his hands up because the cops suv' s were blocking our sight. So the dispatcher said we could leave because cops have him and they have our info if they need anything else from us.

It was such a crazy experience. But I'm very happy that I had my S4. My wife thought he was gone and there was no hope in catching him. But I wasn't going to let that car get away after that woman's pleas. I'm very proud of my wife and proud of my S4 and hopefully the woman is going to be alright. I've heard plenty of boyfriend/girlfriend fights and this definitely wasn't that. That's usually alot of name calling and yelling. Not screaming and pleading for help.
And my wife knows it was stupid to run toward the car..she was just more scared for the other woman than anything and wanted to help her. Thankfully we were able to get the police on the scene. Just hope she's ok.

Last edited by RobsMods; 10-09-2017 at 12:44 AM. Reason: Proper spacing and grammer
Old 10-09-2017, 07:28 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by RobsMods
So tonight the wife and I went out to eat for our 1 yr anniversary. Afterwards we went to the grocery store to grab a few things. When we go out to the car to load the groceries there was some loud screaming at the far end of the parking lot. I thought it was just someone messing around at first so I pop the trunk and start loading bags.

Then the screaming got insanely loud. It was a woman's voice screaming at the top of her lungs. My wife stopped and said there's something wrong. I saw a corolla at the parking lot exit all by itself rolling a bit then stopping. There was barely any other cars in the parking lot and none by me because I always try to park away from other cars. But it was also late so the store was pretty empty. So I had a clear sight line to this car probably about 500 feet away leaving the parking lot. Then the woman started screaming so loud it was scary. Saying "someone please help me, oh my god help help, some pleeeease help". And I heard the door open and close and the car move a bit then stop as though she was trying to jump out of the car. And it sounded like she was struggling. My wife instantly started running toward the car to try to help this woman just on pure instinct but he was leaving. You could still hear the woman screaming getting more muffled as they pulled out of the parking lot. I yelled for her to get in the car and grabbed the bags out of the cart and chucked them in the trunk. I jumped in the car and got started, backed up, and pulled out heading in the direction the car was in. He had a really good head start so I knew I had to move quickly to be able to catch up before he got to the main road and blended in with traffic. So I put it to the floor.

The road out of the grocery store isn't all that long but I was doing 110 in no time. I caught up just as he was turning into traffic on the main road. I was able to squeeze out just in time to get right behind him. The whole time my wife's on the phone with 911 and were giving them the plate number and description. He was swerving around on the road then after about a mile he pulled into another parking lot. So we told the dispatcher the name of the store and then pulled into the next stores lot. We watched him get out and gave his description. Then a moment later 2 cops pulled in and got him. I don't know what exactly happened. Just saw them have his hands up because the cops suv' s were blocking our sight. So the dispatcher said we could leave because cops have him and they have our info if they need anything else from us.

It was such a crazy experience. But I'm very happy that I had my S4. My wife thought he was gone and there was no hope in catching him. But I wasn't going to let that car get away after that woman's pleas. I'm very proud of my wife and proud of my S4 and hopefully the woman is going to be alright. I've heard plenty of boyfriend/girlfriend fights and this definitely wasn't that. That's usually alot of name calling and yelling. Not screaming and pleading for help.
And my wife knows it was stupid to run toward the car..she was just more scared for the other woman than anything and wanted to help her. Thankfully we were able to get the police on the scene. Just hope she's ok.
Good job, but what actually happened to the women?
Old 10-09-2017, 07:47 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wish I knew. Couldn't see anything once the Suvs blocked the car in other than the guys hands up. Been keeping my eyes on local news to see what the story was. My wife hoped we would get a call back but I don't think they will unless they need testimony or something.
Old 12-01-2017, 05:32 PM
QS4
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

RobsMods, I share your admiration for the S4! I an amazed every time I drop down a gear or two, give it some throttle and suddenly we're in triple digits! It only gets better when some unsuspecting person is a victim and wonders, "What kind of car is that?!?"