S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

S5 (V8) to S4

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2012, 08:30 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The S5 is absurdly expensive. I got loyalty and supplier discounts on my 2012 S4..

Originally Posted by DHS
True enough. But I swore to myself years ago that I would never buy a car that cost so much more than I paid for my first house.
..so it ended up being around $52k (with all the must haves) versus $57k new.

My absolute upper limit on cars is $45k usually but my insurance payoff on my totaled TT 2.0 was far higher than expected to I splurged.

Also, I have a very high credit score so my rate is 1.9%.

Last edited by BD_TT_225; 03-18-2012 at 08:35 PM.
Old 03-19-2012, 12:32 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Same here!

Originally Posted by BD_TT_225
..so it ended up being around $52k (with all the must haves) versus $57k new.
I got my 2010 S4 Prestige, which listed @ $56+ on the lot, for less than $52 - two days before the end of the year. In fact, it was $53K exactly with Audicare ($1500). Interest rate was around 5.6%.
Old 03-19-2012, 08:50 PM
AudiWorld Member

If I were not married I would have an S5 as it is a great looking machine. However, with my giant Recaro Car Seat it just wouldn't work. I love my 2012 S4 so either way you are winning as both are awesome cars. Thought I saw some APR videos of a TVS mounted atop the 4.2 FSI?
Old 03-20-2012, 08:50 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by sakimano
Since you didn't notice, the revo car that went 12.2 is pinging like a mother****er and has knock sensors and CELs coming out its ***. So did the green revo car in California. ****, we could all achieve great things at the expense of the engine.
Sak - I've been out of the loop the last few days. Where did you get this info? Is this Auditude's car?

Edit: Nevermind - found what I was looking for. Wonder how long it takes for this to make its way to AZ for another tuner-basing thread.

Last edited by clochner; 03-20-2012 at 09:29 AM.
Old 03-20-2012, 10:22 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by clochner
Sak - I've been out of the loop the last few days. Where did you get this info? Is this Auditude's car?

Edit: Nevermind - found what I was looking for. Wonder how long it takes for this to make its way to AZ for another tuner-basing thread.
lol where else?

audirevolution.net

http://audirevolution.net/forum/index.php?topic=638.0
Old 03-20-2012, 11:32 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Ha - ya lots of good info on audirevolution. Surprised the story hasn't gained much traction yet.
Old 03-20-2012, 11:52 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Wonder how long it takes for this to make its way to AZ for another tuner-basing thread.
The real question is how fast the post will get locked/deleted/removed or whatever on that other site...
Old 03-20-2012, 12:03 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by primetime
The real question is how fast the post will get locked/deleted/removed or whatever on that other site...
That locking down and deleting of threads sh*t bothers me. I even started a thread in the chatterbox asking the moderators why they do that so often. Their response was basically to poke fun at me and then change the title of my thread. **sigh**

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...ads-(FREAK-OUT!)
Old 03-20-2012, 12:26 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

That locking down and deleting of threads sh*t bothers me. I even started a thread in the chatterbox asking the moderators why they do that so often. Their response was basically to poke fun at me and then change the title of my thread. **sigh**

Yep... They always put their spin on it... I mean if you listen to them I made up all the infractions that I got, vendor complaints, the screening of pm's, the deleting of pm's, etc. seems logical that I would do that, doesn't it?
Old 03-20-2012, 06:07 PM
Banned

anthony is scared of anyone who 'organises' the forum members against this kind of tyranny. Maybe a bit dramatic but its true. I saw your thread and thought 'i hope the B8 guys step up and back up clochner'. Unfortunately everyone just ate spoon fulls of **** fed to them by Anthony.

I used to ask question like that on audizine in the b6/7 section...and the guys would all fire back at Anthony for unjust/unfair b.s. that would go down. He ****ing hated it. When a bunch of guys moved to another site, virtually destroying the AZ B6/7 section, he seemed to learn, and whenever anyone else questions the site in threads like yours clochner, the threads are blasted with a firehose.

Bottom line is Anthony is in it for money. It's a business. it's not a 'passion'. He's not an 'enthusiast'. He's enthusiastic about one thing: site revenue. Anything that threatens that gets dealt with, including the OP of that TD1 thread, and your thread clochner. Kind of like how I was shut down here when I asked questions of GIAC and AWE for their sketchy tune info (or lack thereof). The AW guy basically threatened to gun me if I pursued it. Why the **** is that? I'm the reason this site exists. All of us are. We create the content...and we are the audience the sponsors want.

That's why someone started Audirevolution...he hated sites that were commercially driven (and thus the truth was never the first priority) so out of his own deep pockets, he paid for a site to be 100% advertiser free. Anyone can post there. Primetime can talk about his drag racing, and if he invents wicked paddle extensions for people to buy, that's cool too. jfonz, an up and coming tuner in the B5 game can talk about his projects as well as shoot the ****. JHM can start threads to gauge interest in products...and APR can join and chime in as they see fit. If you start selling garbage that doesn't work, you'll get exposed by the forum...because nobody's there to protect you.

It's 100% open, 100% privately owned, and 100% b.s. free. That's what these other startup sites claimed they were going to be (euroaddiction and quattroworld) but they quickly devolved as advertisers and censorshop took over and made them worse cesspools than audizine.

Last edited by sakimano; 03-20-2012 at 06:12 PM.

Quick Reply: S5 (V8) to S4