S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Stasis Touring Exhaust DSG/w Downpipes -Expected Install Time? My Review

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2012, 04:39 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Stasis Touring Exhaust DSG/w Downpipes -Expected Install Time? My Review

Okay exhaust is on..sounds awesome.night and day from stock! I spent ...6 hours at the dealer for them to install the Stasis Touring Exhaust System w/Downpipes..I have a DSG. YES 6 HOURS!!! No F'n way does it take 6 hours to install this exhaust. I was so pissed off... I had to calm myself down because they had my car up on the rack if ya know what I mean. Somebody please weigh in here. I feel like I got hosed! $2, 856 when it was all said and done!! This isn't a Ferrari it's an Audi! Exhaust alone costs $ 1,995 + tax! BTW if somebody from Stasis is reading this please PM me to credit me half of the damn labor bill!!! SERIOUSLY!!!! This is F'd up! I just wanted the "F" out of there! WTF! Now .... my dealer just got their Stasis License to sell and install less than a month ago...that should have been my first que not to get it installed there but they are pretty good guys there. The tech told me who was installing the exhaust that he only did one other DSG system on an S5. So..... After all of that crazy B.S. I get home and wash the car and notice a 1" scuff on top of one of the Tips next to the Stasis Logo. Spending 2K+ on an exhaust it better be perfect! I just sent a e-mail to my sales guy at the dealer that I want it replaced. Unreal! They should have been inspected before install! So back to the exhaust. It is a real piece of art and sounds fantastic. I didn't want anything to obnoxious... it has a deep purrrr and ZERO DRONE at highway speeds. When coming to a stop there is ZERO Drone. I am overly impressed! I'm sure over time it will break in and sound even better. Video and sound doesn't do the exhaust justice. You have to hear it in person...simply put. This is how the S4 should have come from the factory!
Old 04-28-2012, 06:47 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by B8 S FOR
Okay exhaust is on..sounds awesome.night and day from stock! I spent ...6 hours at the dealer for them to install the Stasis Touring Exhaust System w/Downpipes..I have a DSG. YES 6 HOURS!!! No F'n way does it take 6 hours to install this exhaust. I was so pissed off... I had to calm myself down because they had my car up on the rack if ya know what I mean. Somebody please weigh in here. I feel like I got hosed! $2, 856 when it was all said and done!! This isn't a Ferrari it's an Audi! Exhaust alone costs $ 1,995 + tax! BTW if somebody from Stasis is reading this please PM me to credit me half of the damn labor bill!!! SERIOUSLY!!!! This is F'd up! I just wanted the "F" out of there! WTF! Now .... my dealer just got their Stasis License to sell and install less than a month ago...that should have been my first que not to get it installed there but they are pretty good guys there. The tech told me who was installing the exhaust that he only did one other DSG system on an S5. So..... After all of that crazy B.S. I get home and wash the car and notice a 1" scuff on top of one of the Tips next to the Stasis Logo. Spending 2K+ on an exhaust it better be perfect! I just sent a e-mail to my sales guy at the dealer that I want it replaced. Unreal! They should have been inspected before install! So back to the exhaust. It is a real piece of art and sounds fantastic. I didn't want anything to obnoxious... it has a deep purrrr and ZERO DRONE at highway speeds. When coming to a stop there is ZERO Drone. I am overly impressed! I'm sure over time it will break in and sound even better. Video and sound doesn't do the exhaust justice. You have to hear it in person...simply put. This is how the S4 should have come from the factory!
6 hours is ridiculous. I took mine to a local shop that had never installed an exhaust on an S4 before, and even having to do the downpipes it was only 2 hours of labor. Honestly I would never have paid that. Anything more than 2 hours is ridiculous.
Old 04-28-2012, 07:05 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by helix139
6 hours is ridiculous. I took mine to a local shop that had never installed an exhaust on an S4 before, and even having to do the downpipes it was only 2 hours of labor. Honestly I would never have paid that. Anything more than 2 hours is ridiculous.
Thanks -I figured as much. I am in contact with my Stasis rep at the Audi Dealer. This is nuts!
Old 04-28-2012, 08:40 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by B8 S FOR
Thanks -I figured as much. I am in contact with my Stasis rep at the Audi Dealer. This is nuts!
That is absolutely absurd. I had a custom exhaust built and installed in less time than that.
Old 04-29-2012, 12:30 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You should have agreed on a time/price before hand and inspected the job before leaving. If you did not the burden is on you too for not asking the most simple question of how much is this going to cost to install... and then agreeing on a price and reviewing the work. I always agree on pricing and I always inspect the car after work is done - that is being a responsible owner and good businessman.

If you leave your happiness and satisfaction up to other people you will always be disappointed. It is too bad we cannot expect always to get fair and perfect service all the time but that is just not the way it works in any indsutry anymore - unfortunately. No one will care about you and your things more than you. Taking the lead in the future will help you close the gap.