S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Ugh, Audi FS...why do you do this to me?!

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2011, 10:46 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Matt, I haven't even asked a dealer for a price yet.

The lease payment above is based on my own calcs using invoice (published on KBB), adding $750, and then calculating the lease using the residual and MFs posted here.

I've done this for my last few cars; we typically have to work a few dollars up from what I propose to the dealer.

I plan to lease from the Exchange -- agreed it's a hike but they're a class act.
Old 01-06-2011, 11:13 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by FastMarkA
A good set of snows on a RWD car is fine. Besides, Chicago itself doesn't get a ton of snow...everything east of the lake does.
If you don't think you need Quattro, then IMO, there is really no delima here. In today's economic climate, NEVER over-extend yourself financially for a car that you are not going to be using as a daily driver.
Old 01-06-2011, 11:13 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well there is no exclusivity with our cars unless you are talking about an R8... it's just the way Audi sells it and limits its shipment to the U.S. The U.S. is BMW's largest market, but for Audi, it is actually China and other parts of the world. I heard that in 2010, they only shipped 3000 S4 units to the U.S. It's stupid for them to not do so because there is the demand for their cars.
Old 01-06-2011, 11:16 AM
AudiWorld Member

You can't really use that as a way of calculating your payments. I would recommend going into the dealer and checking it out. Also, you would be better off in an S4 without the Diff and side assist over a 335i I think. I would go to the dealer though and run some numbers before your rule it out.
Old 01-06-2011, 12:14 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Agreed that I need to verify pricing by visiting a dealer, but typically if I compute something, it's usually lower than what the dealer wants.

The old saying, "if it's too good to be true..." comes to mind.

Of course, I'll check regardless...just to make sure.
Old 01-06-2011, 01:33 PM
AudiWorld Member

You really should also consider a Prem + with Sport Diff, B&O, 19" wheels and Navi. If you are willing to forgo the side assist, push button start and memory seats, you payment will drop a great deal. You are looking at over a $2K difference in price and the Prestige has a lower lease residual value.

Just a good way for you to get the car you really want and save some coin.
Old 01-06-2011, 01:46 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by carguyrob
You really should also consider a Prem + with Sport Diff, B&O, 19" wheels and Navi. If you are willing to forgo the side assist, push button start and memory seats, you payment will drop a great deal. You are looking at over a $2K difference in price and the Prestige has a lower lease residual value.

Just a good way for you to get the car you really want and save some coin.
As was discussed in an earlier thread today, the memory function doesn't only control the seats, but it controls the mirrors, too. If you have more than one driver, this is a VERY nice function. It would be a pain to have to adjust the seat and both mirrors after every time my wife drives the car.

Also, the memory feature allows you to set a custom tilt for reverse. This means you can set the mirror to see your rear wheel wihtout needing to crane your neck. This is also customizable between the two memory positions. I use it all the time and it will keep my wheels in good condition (read: less chance of curb rash, or as I like to call it, "wife rash"). Well worth the upcharge for me.
Old 01-06-2011, 03:00 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by MattPec
As was discussed in an earlier thread today, the memory function doesn't only control the seats, but it controls the mirrors, too. If you have more than one driver, this is a VERY nice function. It would be a pain to have to adjust the seat and both mirrors after every time my wife drives the car.

Also, the memory feature allows you to set a custom tilt for reverse. This means you can set the mirror to see your rear wheel wihtout needing to crane your neck. This is also customizable between the two memory positions. I use it all the time and it will keep my wheels in good condition (read: less chance of curb rash, or as I like to call it, "wife rash"). Well worth the upcharge for me.
I saw that note earlier in the thread, but if OP is trying to shave away some of the $160/mo. price difference between the S4 and 335i, forgoing the Prestige pkg and side assist will make a big difference, particularly on a lease. I was only suggesting that the OP run the numbers...