Update Navigation Maps - AudiWorld Forums

Notices
S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Update Navigation Maps

Reply

 
 
Old 10-17-2013, 01:15 PM
  #1
AudiWorld Newcomer
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 8
Default Update Navigation Maps

Hey guys,

My dealer quoted me $286.00 for an updated Navigation Disc--is that correct? Is there any other way to update the maps?

Thanks
Brooklyn Mike is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 02:54 PM
  #2
AudiWorld Member
 
TO407S4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 472
Default

I haven't asked myself but that's inline with other manufacturers (Acura)
TO407S4 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 04:37 PM
  #3
AudiWorld Member
 
BigBluu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 141
Default

Seems high. I paid $149 for my Acura a few years ago and didn't notice a difference so will not do another update. I still get offers in the mail at that rate.
BigBluu is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 05:24 PM
  #4
AudiWorld Member
 
TO407S4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 472
Default

Was it just the maps that are updated or is there a software update as well? (Just curious)
TO407S4 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 07:11 AM
  #5
AudiWorld Newcomer
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 8
Default

Originally Posted by TO407S4 View Post
Was it just the maps that are updated or is there a software update as well? (Just curious)
I think it was just the maps. I was told that the disc is made by an outside company, and it takes 2 weeks to order. I will call to verify.
Brooklyn Mike is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 07:31 AM
  #6
gk1
AudiWorld Super User
 
gk1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: NJ
Posts: 6,628
Default

Originally Posted by Brooklyn Mike View Post
I think it was just the maps. I was told that the disc is made by an outside company, and it takes 2 weeks to order. I will call to verify.
When you say disc, what are you referring to? CD/DVD ?
I was under the impression if there was a NAV update it would be with SD cards and a connection to a server in Germany. At least based on prior posts. If a CD/DVD update is available for end-user updates that would be great.
gk1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 07:59 AM
  #7
AudiWorld Newcomer
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2
Default

Originally Posted by gk1 View Post
When you say disc, what are you referring to? CD/DVD ?
I was under the impression if there was a NAV update it would be with SD cards and a connection to a server in Germany. At least based on prior posts. If a CD/DVD update is available for end-user updates that would be great.
I was told if was a free annual update for the first few years
SDBArbifox is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 09:03 AM
  #8
AudiWorld Super User
 
DrGP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Lehigh Valley PA
Posts: 12,609
Default

So if you really want or need it, you might get a bunch of owners (from the forums) to chip in and pass the CD around. Just a thought. Kinda like a group buy. The more that want it, the less it should cost. I assume you can load the upadate an unlimited amount of times. Or buy it and resell it on Ebay.
DrGP is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 09:47 AM
  #9
AudiWorld Newcomer
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 8
Default

Originally Posted by DrGP View Post
So if you really want or need it, you might get a bunch of owners (from the forums) to chip in and pass the CD around. Just a thought. Kinda like a group buy. The more that want it, the less it should cost. I assume you can load the upadate an unlimited amount of times. Or buy it and resell it on Ebay.
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. Still on the fence, since I don't really need it.
Brooklyn Mike is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 09:49 AM
  #10
AudiWorld Newcomer
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 8
Default

Originally Posted by gk1 View Post
When you say disc, what are you referring to? CD/DVD ?
I was under the impression if there was a NAV update it would be with SD cards and a connection to a server in Germany. At least based on prior posts. If a CD/DVD update is available for end-user updates that would be great.
That's what the service consultant said in his email reply to me, he had to check with the parts department. I'll probably have to contact the parts department directly to see what they say.
Brooklyn Mike is offline  
Reply With Quote
 
 
 

Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Kerry G
Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8)
3
06-07-2016 02:55 AM
phoneboy6
A7
31
12-15-2015 07:13 PM
bballfreak
A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion
4
10-12-2015 05:14 PM
jetfire593
A7
1
09-30-2015 07:27 PM
Guppydrvr
S4 (B6 & B7 Platforms) Discussion
0
09-24-2015 03:21 PM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 08:59 AM.


 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: