S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

what is the primary mission of your S4?

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2010, 10:25 AM
srs
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Digital data display

Originally Posted by LeadToRome
Well get to work on the instrument cluster then! I say deleting the analog speedo and putting oil temp, oil pressure, volts, boost pressure, outside temp, and time all in one place would be a good start...all that data is coming to the dash already, it's basically just a wiring and programming issue (and of course design/mfg of the new panel!).

Pretty please?
I don't mean to hijack this thread, but I wanted to point out (if you don't already know about it) that there is something similar being produced by P3CARS (available next month). This digital gauge accesses just the obt2 port for all it's information - see this link.

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...face-for-B8-S4

It doesn't alter the instrument display, just adds a new display as a vent gauge. I think it looks really good - I ordered one.
Old 11-06-2010, 11:56 AM
AudiWorld Member

Primary mission for the S4?? well if you put it that way,I like to have my secondary go out car to be fast,handle exceptionally well,be reliable,well made,decent on gas,safe and not to mention to be just a total blast to drive.
Secondary mission for S4 has been a nice backup for primary work vehicle when that goes down.
Old 11-06-2010, 12:29 PM
AudiWorld Member

My primary mission changes almost weekly with this car. Currently it is to make it go fast. Before it was to make it better looking. Who knows what Will be next.
Old 11-06-2010, 01:20 PM
AudiWorld Member

Daily driver- about 25k miles per year. I do a fair amount of Midwest business travel so carbon foot print was a consideration. The mission is driving with maximum control 4 seasons a year, having as much fun as possible in the process.
Old 11-06-2010, 06:20 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A little bit of everything. One of the few cars out there that I can use as a comfortable daily driver, yet sporty and fun to drive to blast past pokey drivers, unhindered by weather, able to get up the never-plowed hill we live on in winter, good for getting out to the mountains around here and weekend trips to Whistler, can haul a kid to daycare on the weekdays and hit the track (autocross and light track) on the occassional weekend.

Hadn't ever considered hitting a drag strip, but Primetime has inspired me to think about it once I chip it.

Very few other cars this versatile.
Old 11-06-2010, 06:39 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by voltrons_head
My primary mission changes almost weekly with this car. Currently it is to make it go fast. Before it was to make it better looking. Who knows what Will be next.
Not weekly for me, but sequential like you just the same. first was protect it (ppf and tint), then make it ride perfect (or as perfact as I can) via KW V2's and GMG sways. Next is tires/wheels since the approaching winter is forcing my hand.

Currently I have 18"s and I'm going back and forth between just getting 18" VMR 710's for spring and putting snows on the factory wheels and just use them for winters from now on. The other option I am considering is buying 19" VMR's and a set of UHPAS and trying to sell the summers.

I tend to really delve deeply into the subject and research things and ask lots of questions, so any of that may change. What wheels should I look at besides VMR' and BBS?

Last edited by LeadToRome; 11-06-2010 at 10:17 PM.
Old 11-06-2010, 06:46 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Im really ugly so its to pick up chicks
Old 11-06-2010, 07:19 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by John Lee Pettimore
Im really ugly so its to pick up chicks
Does it work?
Old 11-06-2010, 07:24 PM
AudiWorld Super User

I don't know still waiting for the car to get here
Old 11-06-2010, 07:47 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by LeadToRome
What wheels should I look at beside the VM's?
You know, it's funny that you ask about wheels because I'm picking up a set of 19" BBS RS-GT's tomorrow for next spring.

I've seen a few guys around here buy VMR winters and then have the winters look better than their oem summers. That sucks. Getting a set of year round wheels with all season is definitely a possibility. I ran a/s all last year with much success. If you're spending money on wheels do you want to get a replica set like VMR just for looks? Maybe if you run them year round this is the right thing to do.

What size oem wheels do you have? If 19", how feasible is it to get a set of performance wheels and have the summer tires swapped onto them? Then get a set of winters for the stock wheels?

As far as what brands, I would think performance first and try to get a lighter wheel. I learned this lesson the hard way on the 20's that I have, with the help of some of the guys on the forums. They look awesome but have some issues. How much do the VMR's weigh compared to the stock? Are they the same or lighter? Now that I know better I wouldn't go any heavier and if possible, I'd be looking to shed some weight. BBS came to mind for me because I've always loved them. (plus i got a good deal on a slightly used set) Check out L0U's thread on AZ about the wheel setups. I bet there are a bunch of ideas in there. L0u seems to like OZ but tons of different wheels are mentioned. Also pyspeed.com as well as europrice.us.

I've begun to ramble so I'll wrap it up.

Sorry to threadjack.

Last edited by voltrons_head; 11-06-2010 at 08:01 PM.

Quick Reply: what is the primary mission of your S4?