S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

What's your most important, valuable, useful option .. pls. rank it accordingly

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2011, 03:03 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Grocery bag hooks!!!! (along with all the other stuff in the thread)
Old 07-29-2011, 08:22 AM
AudiWorld Member

1. 6MT
2. 6MT
3. 6MT

If it doesn't come in manual transmission, I wouldn't even consider getting the car.
Old 07-29-2011, 10:04 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rktskicar
I did not get Nav, don't miss it. Sometimes I wish I had the backup camera though.

Bruce
I rarely use the navigation so it wasn't necessary for me upon purchase, but I was forced to get it as the only car I could find with everything I wanted had it.

So...

1. MT6
2. Sports Diff
3. Phantom Black
4. Alcantara
5. B&O
6. 19" Peelers
7. Nav
Old 07-30-2011, 12:59 AM
AudiWorld Member

1. Navi (saves hours given my sense of direction)
2. Avant
3. Sun roof
4. Directional headlights (particularly handy for driving between UK/continental Europe - no need to faff with stick-on lenses)

As for Sport Diff, ADS, Active Cruise control, jukebox, reversing camera, remote heating/cooling, grocery bag hooks, speech control, comfort key etc etc, I'll have to wait until I actually get the car
Old 07-30-2011, 07:34 AM
AudiWorld Member

What is so special about the Nav? On the surface, I view it as an expensive option that will be out of date quickly, and will be replaced by a $100 hand-held or phone. Am I missing something?
Old 07-30-2011, 09:22 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Tweakophyte
What is so special about the Nav? On the surface, I view it as an expensive option that will be out of date quickly, and will be replaced by a $100 hand-held or phone. Am I missing something?
1. The navigation is actually pretty good compared to most other handhelds/cellphone devices, minus the fact that she talks too much.

2. Reverse Cam.

3. Its a neater alternative than having to suction cup something to the windshield or place it on the dashboard in front of the windshield and unless its a cellphone its an additional thing you will have to carry with you or leave in the car and risk getting stolen.

4. If you have the sports diff the nav gives you an extra setting called "individual" which lets you customize each of the 3 settings to your liking.

5. Plays DVD's. Not sure you can do that without the Nav.

6. 3d maps are cool to look at.

7. Not sure if you get it without Nav but I have 40Gb of internal disk space to put music or movies onto.

Does the navigation change the instrument cluster display as well or are they all the same regardless on the S4?

Last edited by FatalBert; 07-30-2011 at 09:29 AM.
Old 07-30-2011, 10:02 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Tweakophyte
What is so special about the Nav?
It gives you directions on how to get to where you want to get. Wonderful stuff

But really, I can't stand the mess of having something suckered to the windscreen which needs taking on and off, not to mention a cable snaking along the windscreen and another going down to the cigarette lighter. Yes it is more expensive but it is worth every penny to me...
Old 07-30-2011, 11:08 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 254 Likes on 188 Posts

1.) DSG
2.) SC V6
3.) B & O + Juke Box
4.) Sport Diff
5.) Digital Speedo display
6.) Trunk Space
7.) Hands free phone (from Nav package?)
8.) Garage door opener
9.) VAGCOM mods - Seat belt chime delete, gear DIS, Oil temp, Indiv SD
10.) backup Cam

Last edited by m444; 07-30-2011 at 11:11 AM.
Old 07-31-2011, 05:42 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by gk1
1. V6
This is often overlooked but since you can no longer get an A4 with a V6 the S4 is the only option albeit with the added bonus of an Eaton supercharger. :-) While the 2.0T is a fine motor it simply is not as refined as a V6.

2. S-Tronic
Ferrari tells us manuals are dead. :-)

3. Advanced Key
I have gotten used to this on my A6 and would feel downgraded without it.

4. Sports Differential
Like the S-tronic I like new performance tech.

5. Navigation
Bad sense of direction.

6. B&O
Not much of an aftermarket up-grader so I like the stock integration.

7. 19" wheels
I simply don't like the stock 18". Although that is easily remedied with aftermarket wheels. For $850 it's not a bad option.
My option list order is very similar to gk1's, esp. after being stuck in Non-Prestige 2.0T loaners (A3 & Q5) for almost two months! For me - 1, 2, & 3 literally make the S4 driving experience, 4 is the "S4 look," 5 is interior/exterior colors/trim, while 6-10 make it more civilized.

1. Numero uno has gotta be the Eaton supercharged V6 with the supercharger badges as an added bonus! The 4 cylnder 2.0T & old A4 V6s are fun & sporty, but a bit wimpy sounding, anemic, and torque deprived compared to the S4's supercharged six!

2. The seemlessly integrated, paddle shifted, double clutch, automated manual S-Tronic. Good riddance to Tiptronic, CVT, & (sorry gearheads) manuals!!!

3. Sports diff for hard corning. Optional "sports supensions" are old 20th century technology!

4. 19" Trispoke wheels, S4 badges, LED lights, gaping grill, silver mirrors & other bits, & quad pipes all help to give the S4 "the look"!

5. Meteor Gray exterior/Carbon Atlas interior trim: executive, authoritative & aggressive looking, yet stands up to dirt.

6. Advanced Key: keyless entry & exit, push button start/stop, keyless opening of the trunk & gas hatch, - dang I *really* missed this, esp. as a fumble finger disabled guy!

7. Bluetooth - Indispensible for fielding calls from patients & referral sources on the road, while making me more efficient overall, and much more accesible to friends & family!

8. Navigation - can be extremely helpful for giving me directions, an ETA, and warning me of upcoming hazards - though not always accurate.

9. B&O Satellite radio - I like listening to cable news in traffic!

10. Digital speedo, auto headlights, & garage door opener - of course!

***Do not miss: rear back up camera!

Last edited by drrick89; 07-31-2011 at 05:27 PM.
Old 07-31-2011, 06:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by BobbyJim
It gives you directions on how to get to where you want to get. Wonderful stuff
Doesn't my male-instinct do that?
;-)

Quick Reply: What's your most important, valuable, useful option .. pls. rank it accordingly