S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Wife did her job and jacked up new S4 :(

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2011, 08:15 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd say take it easy on the wife--its just a rim.

Lot cheaper to get a new rim than a divorce. just a thought.
Old 06-07-2011, 08:24 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by tph1207
Unfortunately, I live in NC. The bad thing is, this was my returning from deployment gift to myself. THis is what kept me going in afghanistan. Head hangs down in disgust. I will find a way to make her understand how it feels. Just a matter of time.
I'm scratching my head on this statement...
Old 06-07-2011, 08:26 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

My wife almost recoils in terror if I offer her the keys to my car(s). She has a really nice worked MCS so it is rare that she needs to drive mine.

I second the motion on the purse and shoes. Wife love's prada and the like. She doesn't touch my toys and I don't touch hers.

In fact all our accounts are even separate. Learned long before marriage to keep money and toys apart.

We have a mutual account we funnel money into for joint expdenditures.
Old 06-07-2011, 09:19 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I had my S4 keyed when it was a month old. I feel your pain. FWIW its still at the body shop
Old 06-07-2011, 10:12 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I guess I'm lucky - my wife is nearly as nutty as I am about the cars. But even so, she still doesn't even want to drive my car - she knows i have a full inspection process.

I drove my previous BMW for 11 years with BBS wheels the entire time - the day I sold that car, those wheels still looked new...
Old 06-08-2011, 03:54 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

My wife is about the same as the OP's. She always finds a way to do something pretty damaging to each one of our cars...

2002 Ford Explorer...filling it with gas and got back in the truck while it was being filled. Took a call on her cell and then forgot she was putting gas in it and pulled away. Tore the hose off the pump and damaged the quarter panel area on the truck.

2003 Infiniti G35...backed into a tree and busted up the trunk and rear bumper.

2006 Infiniti...backed into a tree and busted up the trunk and rear bumper...yep...this is not a mistake. Twice!!

2007 GMC Acadia... Opened the passenger door on a windy day and didn't hold on to it...the wind caught it, it flew open very fast and sprung the door. It wouldn't close and had to go to the body shop to get new hinges and slight body word.

2008 VW GTI...just got this 3 months ago...she opened the drivers door and it hit a wall in a parking garage and bent up the outside edge of the door...door closes ok...but it doesn't look right and drives me crazy.

2009 Ford Expedition...5 days after purchasing it she backed into a telephone pole and did $5,000 of damage to right rear quarter panel and rear hatch....yes the truck has rear back up sensors and a rear camera...and they were working...she ignored them and admitted to ignoring them.

So...guess how many times she has driven my B8 S4 in the past 39,000 miles??? Twice for a total of about 5 miles.

Guess how many times she has driven my 1998 Corvette??? Once and I was in the passenger seat and she drove it about 1/2 mile.

I can feel your pain OP. I'm think the purse and shoes idea is something to consider or at least use as a way to explain how you feel about your B8 S4.
Old 06-08-2011, 04:23 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 97 Likes on 84 Posts

My wife did the same to her Lexus [aka mobile handbag] recently. Half her front passenger side rim is seriously curbed. She is equally not concerned. Same goes for my daughter's car (I've also had to replace a passenger side skirt as well!). Most women just see vehicles as an appliance. In a way so should we, but then I care for any machinery, from my vehicle to my lawn mower - a guy thing I guess.

"Women and children can be careless, but not men." -The Godfather
Old 06-08-2011, 05:24 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by foodplz
I'd say take it easy on the wife--its just a rim.

Lot cheaper to get a new rim than a divorce. just a thought.
agreed... v*gina > S4 rim everytime.
Old 06-08-2011, 06:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

Your wife shouldn't be driving

hahaha... man that is a lot of frustration below, I feel for ya and your cars

Originally Posted by redrocker55
My wife is about the same as the OP's. She always finds a way to do something pretty damaging to each one of our cars...

2002 Ford Explorer...filling it with gas and got back in the truck while it was being filled. Took a call on her cell and then forgot she was putting gas in it and pulled away. Tore the hose off the pump and damaged the quarter panel area on the truck.

2003 Infiniti G35...backed into a tree and busted up the trunk and rear bumper.

2006 Infiniti...backed into a tree and busted up the trunk and rear bumper...yep...this is not a mistake. Twice!!

2007 GMC Acadia... Opened the passenger door on a windy day and didn't hold on to it...the wind caught it, it flew open very fast and sprung the door. It wouldn't close and had to go to the body shop to get new hinges and slight body word.

2008 VW GTI...just got this 3 months ago...she opened the drivers door and it hit a wall in a parking garage and bent up the outside edge of the door...door closes ok...but it doesn't look right and drives me crazy.

2009 Ford Expedition...5 days after purchasing it she backed into a telephone pole and did $5,000 of damage to right rear quarter panel and rear hatch....yes the truck has rear back up sensors and a rear camera...and they were working...she ignored them and admitted to ignoring them.

So...guess how many times she has driven my B8 S4 in the past 39,000 miles??? Twice for a total of about 5 miles.

Guess how many times she has driven my 1998 Corvette??? Once and I was in the passenger seat and she drove it about 1/2 mile.

I can feel your pain OP. I'm think the purse and shoes idea is something to consider or at least use as a way to explain how you feel about your B8 S4.
Old 06-08-2011, 06:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

WOW - there are worse things in life than a curbed wheel... It is fixable and replaceable. I would suggest you put it in perspective. It is an object. When someone you love loses their health - then you have reason to complain...

Quick Reply: Wife did her job and jacked up new S4 :(