S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Wife did her job and jacked up new S4 :(

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2011, 06:59 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by redrocker55
My wife is about the same as the OP's. She always finds a way to do something pretty damaging to each one of our cars...

2002 Ford Explorer...filling it with gas and got back in the truck while it was being filled. Took a call on her cell and then forgot she was putting gas in it and pulled away. Tore the hose off the pump and damaged the quarter panel area on the truck.

2003 Infiniti G35...backed into a tree and busted up the trunk and rear bumper.

2006 Infiniti...backed into a tree and busted up the trunk and rear bumper...yep...this is not a mistake. Twice!!

2007 GMC Acadia... Opened the passenger door on a windy day and didn't hold on to it...the wind caught it, it flew open very fast and sprung the door. It wouldn't close and had to go to the body shop to get new hinges and slight body word.

2008 VW GTI...just got this 3 months ago...she opened the drivers door and it hit a wall in a parking garage and bent up the outside edge of the door...door closes ok...but it doesn't look right and drives me crazy.

2009 Ford Expedition...5 days after purchasing it she backed into a telephone pole and did $5,000 of damage to right rear quarter panel and rear hatch....yes the truck has rear back up sensors and a rear camera...and they were working...she ignored them and admitted to ignoring them.

So...guess how many times she has driven my B8 S4 in the past 39,000 miles??? Twice for a total of about 5 miles.

Guess how many times she has driven my 1998 Corvette??? Once and I was in the passenger seat and she drove it about 1/2 mile.

I can feel your pain OP. I'm think the purse and shoes idea is something to consider or at least use as a way to explain how you feel about your B8 S4.

After a day to come to terms, I am over it now.I will try to have it repaired once I go in for my 5k mantenance in 2 weeks. Redrocker55, now you are a very patient man. I feel somewhat better after reader your post. GUess mine isnt as bad as some.
Old 06-08-2011, 07:29 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Accidents happen. I curbed my own rear, driver side rim (about a month after I got my matte black VMRs) while pulling into the parking garage for the LA Auto Show last November. The curb around the machine to get a ticket was sticking out WAY further then I thought, I drove away after pulling the ticket out and then heard a terribly loud grinding noise. I knew what I did immediately and it pretty much ruined my day, but what are you gonna do. It was the first wheel I've curbed since my very first car when I was 17 (11 years ago), but like I said...accidents happen.
Old 06-08-2011, 08:49 AM
AudiWorld Member

This is all relative to the situation and the people in it. Are there more concerning things in life? Of course there are. But if someone knows how much you love the car and take care of it and show no remorse when they eff it up then I completely understand, especially from the one who supposed to understand you the most.
Old 06-08-2011, 10:08 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Cooper993
take her favorite pocket book and pair of shoes and drag them behind the car. She'll understand then.
hahahahahahaha
Old 06-08-2011, 10:18 AM
AudiWorld Member

So... I also noticed some curb rash on the front passenger side wheel the last time I washed my car.

I *know* I didn't do it so that only leaves my wife... but I've just learned to live with it and let it slide instead of causing unnecessary conflict. =)

And ironically, her Q5 with twice as many miles as my S4 is in perfect shape while my S4 also has a scrape underneath the front lip (which I caused coming out of a parking garage with a steep ramp) in addition to the minor curb rash!
Old 06-08-2011, 11:12 AM
AudiWorld Member

Sorry to hear about the wheel. I'm lucky to have a wife who understands this car stuff, and is careful about it. I feel totally comfortable for her to drive any of our cars.
Old 06-08-2011, 12:30 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tph1207
Well, it finally happened today and only after 27 days of ownership. I was hoping it would be at least a yr or so. Anyway, Today the wife curbed the hell out of the driver side front rim. Im talking about half of the rim. Unfortunately, I was in the car in the passenger side, when I heard the terrifying sound of the front tire/ rim hit the curb, while making a loud grinding sound. I was like WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Was not a good day. This has definately proven , that I am going to have to really limit the wifes time behind the S4, or pay the consequences of a jacked up ride. Bad part about the whole thing, she doesnt understand our passion for cars and why I was so freaked out.
Partly why I buy MT's instead of Auto's. I have yet to teach my wife stick, and sure as h3ll am not teaching her on the S4. I'm not gonna lie, I have had the car for 2 months now and slightly brushed a curb while backing out of a buddies sloped driveway, pissed off at myself to no end but its barely noticeable. Can't say the same if it was my wife backing out lol.
Old 06-08-2011, 01:59 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Evlengr
My wife almost recoils in terror if I offer her the keys to my car(s). She has a really nice worked MCS so it is rare that she needs to drive mine.

I second the motion on the purse and shoes. Wife love's prada and the like. She doesn't touch my toys and I don't touch hers.

In fact all our accounts are even separate. Learned long before marriage to keep money and toys apart.

We have a mutual account we funnel money into for joint expdenditures.
+1 EXACTLY!!!
Old 06-08-2011, 02:32 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

My wife has been great with my cars. She's driven them both once (1996 Nissan Z and 2011 s4), and even when I offer for her to drive now she won't because she's too scared she might ding it in some way and she knows it'll drive me crazy. I think she loves me.
Old 06-08-2011, 05:09 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

You might have to just leave it alone. We have an '04 Chevy K2500 Silverado (among other vehicles) and it seemed like every time the wife drove it I'd end up taking it to the body shop. The most recent ding is a small one on the passenger side behind the rear wheel, and I decided to wait for something else to happen and get both fixed at once.

Well, she hasn't done any more damage in the past year! It seems that she just wasn't comfortable when the thing was in perfect shape and she just had to crease some metal to relax. The one small ding seems to be enough for her, I can live with it!

Quick Reply: Wife did her job and jacked up new S4 :(