S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

You're going to LOVE this CPO buying experience

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2013, 01:15 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So the car is still on the lot to this day and wasn't sold?
Old 02-13-2013, 05:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Correct. Still on the lot.
Old 02-13-2013, 01:04 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by snagitseven
Sure. If Audi misses a sale due to dealer misbehavior or anything that reflects negatively on the brand, they pay attention. Whether or not it helps the OP with his situation is another story.
well, supposedly, they didnt miss a sale. It simply went to someone else. But if its still on the lot, then a complaint may be in order. The dealers behavior was neverthless, unethical to ask for full price. But Trust me when i say this, some dealers dont GAF about an AoA complaint. I know, I have been through it
Old 02-13-2013, 07:00 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 105 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by mark_nimda
..Trust me when i say this, some dealers dont GAF about an AoA complaint..
They will if they receive enough of them and get to a point where they are in jeopardy of losing their franchise.
Old 02-13-2013, 09:25 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Steamer
How about working out an alternate solution like meeting them halfway on the price difference with a brand new, similarly equipped car. Of course you would start the discussion with your disappointment in them and the options of going to AoA and BBB.
I think this is your best bet. Since they screwed you over, they now owe you something decent. You are now in the position to gain an even better deal with maybe a car they can search for. Or... you can walk away. Mistake like this are rare, but they do happen on rare occasions. When they do, a good dealership should offer some good will via special discounting, free service, or extended warranty.
Old 02-14-2013, 03:46 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by SFV A4
I think this is your best bet. Since they screwed you over, they now owe you something decent. You are now in the position to gain an even better deal with maybe a car they can search for. Or... you can walk away. Mistake like this are rare, but they do happen on rare occasions. When they do, a good dealership should offer some good will via special discounting, free service, or extended warranty.
I believe the OP has stated he no longer wishes to do business with this out of state dealer. Probably a smart move. It appears they used up whatever good will they had when the sales manager told him he would prefer to sell the car to someone who would offer more money even after accepting the OP's deposit.
This was a "mistake" compounded by a sleazy business practice. Trust is now broken.
Old 04-25-2013, 04:07 AM
AudiWorld Member

Hi-

FWIW, I am updating this thread after having a wonderful experience at a different out-of-state dealership. The good-guy dealership was great to work with. They played no games, went out of their way to send additional picture, including close-ups a tiny curb-rub, which did not show up in any of the original pics and they could have stayed silent on.

Negotiation was smooth and cordial... and in fact, rational. The closing process was also smooth. There was no gaming of the process, and paperwork moved quickly, which facilitated me being able to ship it early. The team stayed late to load the truck, and threw in some goodies.

The car arrived as described, which is in mint condition. So far, so good.
-----------

Like being in a good relationship after being in an abusive one. I can say with confidence that Audi of North Austin, aka Roger Beasley Audi should be avoided. Their approach was slimy up front, and in hindsight, still slimy. Based on my experience I would definitely not trust them for an out-of-state purchase. If you go on-premise, be prepared for games like I've documented here.

I know we're talking about cars. I generally keep a "don't hate the player, hate the game" mentality about these things. With Roger Beasley Audi you have to ask yourself, "Do I know who the sucker is at this table?" If you don't it is probably you.
Old 04-25-2013, 04:31 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 383 Likes on 344 Posts

Tweak, I know stuff like this can sour the entire experience leaving you feeling less excited about the new car. I hope it works out well and you can put all of this behind you in a month or so.

Enjoy
Old 04-25-2013, 04:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by uberwgn
Tweak, I know stuff like this can sour the entire experience leaving you feeling less excited about the new car. I hope it works out well and you can put all of this behind you in a month or so.

Enjoy
Thanks... this is actually a good thing. I've been driving my '12 S4 for a few weeks now and am thrilled. Like I said, I had a great experience with a different dealership, which gives me the direct comparison (i.e. they are not all the same). Win-win all around. I made the right decision to walk away from this car, and in doing so found the right car with a buying experience I expected.

I thought since I knew clearly understood "good" from "bad" I'd close out this story so in the future, forum members know what they are getting into.
Old 04-25-2013, 06:11 AM
AudiWorld Super User

There's always another car out there (these aren't one of a kind, hand-built works of art by elves in the Black Forest after all) and plenty of customer-oriented dealers willing to do business the right way.
Chalk this one up to experience. Glad to hear that it worked out for you and were able to get the car you wanted.