S4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi S4 produced from 2016-

% discount MSRP?

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2017, 09:08 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Its been flagged a lot, but just to note here: if you get the lifetime audi club membership for 600, you get 6% off, and they waive the waiting period.
Old 01-31-2018, 04:56 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

What about now? Are there any better deals being had between 3 - 6% off retail?
Old 01-31-2018, 06:52 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 22 Likes on 6 Posts

Some dealers (like this) are advertising online at 7-8 percent off. Audi Nashville too.

https://www.audifortlauderdale.com/n...c0b0392853.htm
Old 02-03-2018, 06:58 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Too funny.

I belong to some wrist watch forums. The evil - "What discount did you get / what should I expect" - threads are everywhere! ;-)

FWIW, I only got ~ $2k off a popular setup - which I was going to have to place a deposit on. They have you by the short hairs if they know you want the car. Plain & simple. Could have had my pick of some so-so color / option combos at year end. Oh well. I got precisely what I wanted...and digging it.
Old 02-03-2018, 09:07 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got 10% off msrp on my ordered car.
Msrp $58300
sale price $52470
Old 02-04-2018, 06:54 PM
God

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i've gotten 14.5% off.
msrp 66200
selling price 56500.
I'll upload the buyers order tomorrow regarding it.
Old 02-13-2018, 03:30 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,091 Likes on 770 Posts

Originally Posted by colladacool
i've gotten 14.5% off.
msrp 66200
selling price 56500.
I'll upload the buyers order tomorrow regarding it.
but you got no dust covers and only 1 grocery hook
Old 02-13-2018, 03:42 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,091 Likes on 770 Posts

Here is the reality of things:

someone will always post that they received a greater discount than someone before. I recently saw an example of it where someone claimed x discount on a vehicle that we sold. Would have been an amazing deal...close to what I pay as an employee. Except he didn't pay that.. But he posted as if it were gospel. In other instances, people will often leave out are the other particulars of the transaction, and those can be plentiful, and they can erode that "discount". People have posted docotored buyers orders to "prove" their point...it gets insane.

Discounts vary - and discounts can be made from a variety of sources. Incentives, different parts of the country, different dealerships (i.e. a 30 car a month dealer vs a 300 car a month dealer). Dealers can do what they want...but buying a car, can be a relationship builder. Or, it can be a singular transaction. Having bought more cars than most of my clients, I have seen this at work first hand.

Price is important...no question about it. No one wants to overpay. But guess what? No one I have ever heard of is paying MSRP either...which is what Audi thinks you should pay. So everyone is getting some level of discount. Discounts do not make a vehicle more enjoyable. No one brags about their car payment. If I hate my car, the fact that I got 10% off doesn't matter...because I hate my car. If I love my car, the fact that I "only" got 5.24% similarly doesn't matter. If you want to see a huge discount, simple: buy an American car.

The cars are out there, there are solid deals to be had, and most importantly, there are great people in the community you can deal with.
Old 02-13-2018, 04:27 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by SCarGuy
but you got no dust covers and only 1 grocery hook
😂😂😂
Old 02-14-2018, 07:16 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by SCarGuy
Here is the reality of things:

someone will always post that they received a greater discount than someone before. I recently saw an example of it where someone claimed x discount on a vehicle that we sold. Would have been an amazing deal...close to what I pay as an employee. Except he didn't pay that.. But he posted as if it were gospel. In other instances, people will often leave out are the other particulars of the transaction, and those can be plentiful, and they can erode that "discount". People have posted docotored buyers orders to "prove" their point...it gets insane.

Discounts vary - and discounts can be made from a variety of sources. Incentives, different parts of the country, different dealerships (i.e. a 30 car a month dealer vs a 300 car a month dealer). Dealers can do what they want...but buying a car, can be a relationship builder. Or, it can be a singular transaction. Having bought more cars than most of my clients, I have seen this at work first hand.

Price is important...no question about it. No one wants to overpay. But guess what? No one I have ever heard of is paying MSRP either...which is what Audi thinks you should pay. So everyone is getting some level of discount. Discounts do not make a vehicle more enjoyable. No one brags about their car payment. If I hate my car, the fact that I got 10% off doesn't matter...because I hate my car. If I love my car, the fact that I "only" got 5.24% similarly doesn't matter. If you want to see a huge discount, simple: buy an American car.

The cars are out there, there are solid deals to be had, and most importantly, there are great people in the community you can deal with.
This is true and i agree. Both sides have to be satisfied with the deal. Of course it depends on the specific situation that one is in. The S4 is am absolutely awesome piece of kit and i guess the value of the car depends on the beholder. As people have said there are deals to be had out there but what does that entail? I just like others want to get the "best bang for your buck" and if dealers are willing to make the deal then all is said and done. If not then browse around for a dealer that will make the deal.

Quick Reply: % discount MSRP?