S4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi S4 produced from 2016-

% discount MSRP?

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2018, 09:04 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

11%
MSRP $61,400
Sales price: $54,200
Also, bought Audi Care which put more $ in the dealer's pocket.

Edit: When I posted, I neglected to mention the price included $1,000 off for Audi loyalty.

Last edited by S4bytheBay; 02-21-2018 at 07:04 PM.
Old 02-19-2018, 09:59 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 42 Likes on 28 Posts

Wow -- 11%. That is a very good deal. My thoughts are that when BRAND NEW, the cars are discounted less. Time erodes the % of MSRP that is paid of course -- but there are other factors: Time of year, something newer and shinier comes along or the popularity of "boring" 4-door sedans keeps declining and this impacts the price. CUV's rule if you haven't heard. I have no idea if 11% is even possible at either of the two dealerships here in Cincinnati, but if you can get anything over 8% (on an S4), I would still think that is a "not bad" deal. I guess, too, the "new" S4's will start being built in either June or July -- what I don't know, of course, is if they'll be called 2019's or 2018's of 2018.5's? The closer we get to the switchover, the more the price will probably decline -- but that would probably be for cars "on the lot" (or dealer traded). There is a point where you can still order and get the "last one" of the production run -- that would not be a fun time to try to order -- for if you would order the next day, you'd get the "theoretical" 2019 (regardless of what they call it,)

The HOT car right now seems to be the A5 SB but the hottest one of all is the Q5/SQ5 family. Feb 21 is the official roll out of the RS5, too, which, for some folks is a possible alternative to an S5 coupe or, for some, even the S4. The price of the RS model, however, has to be at least $15,000 more than a top o' the line S5.

My current request would be for Audi to put the S4 engine into the new A6 and A7, as they seemed to do by offering the "old" A6 and A7 with the 333 HP supercharged engine after a short waiting period after the introduction of said engine in the S4. Why the new A6, A7 engines have only 340HP makes no sense to me. The bit hotter S4 engine would be a more impressive first step for Audi in upping the HP and torque ante in the new A6/A7 family.

Come to think of it, The S4 could be bumped up a decent notch by offering an S4+ equipped with the i5 from the RS3 (and if Audi would adopt twin charging, or add an electric supercharger that would spool up instantly, well, game changer, perhaps without the added expense of the bi-turbo 2.9: V6 that's in the RS5.)

We can dream, can't we?

I had several Audi i5 equipped cars (one of them was an S6), even then that engine was awesome. With today's tech the i5 ought to again improve mileage, emissions, and performance (it's lighter, as I recall, too).
Old 02-19-2018, 12:56 PM
AudiWorld Member

I have to admit, I was shocked. Before I went to the dealer, I got a quote from that dealer from TruCar that was just over 5% off MSRP. Then I went there and negotiated more. I wasn't even sure they would negotiate off the TruCar price, but they did.

My best guess is, as you stated, the S4 is competing with the S5 SB and the QS4, and the dealers want to get sedans off the lot.

Also, my car already had around 120 miles on it when I test drove it. Perhaps that means it was test drove a number of times without them finding a buyer. Of course, that's total speculation. Thoughts?
Old 02-19-2018, 01:16 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I was able to get 10% off MSRP 61,200
Sale Price: 55,080
I used two dealers to compete with each other. The first dealer told me I'd never get more than 8%
Old 02-21-2018, 06:28 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Nox05
I was able to get 10% off MSRP 61,200
Sale Price: 55,080
I used two dealers to compete with each other. The first dealer told me I'd never get more than 8%
That sounds like an awesome deal. Best offer i got was 7% off plus the 1000 loyalty for an factory ordered car.
Old 02-21-2018, 06:43 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,091 Likes on 770 Posts

Originally Posted by markcincinnati
Wow -- 11%. That is a very good deal. My thoughts are that when BRAND NEW, the cars are discounted less. Time erodes the % of MSRP that is paid of course -- but there are other factors: Time of year, something newer and shinier comes along or the popularity of "boring" 4-door sedans keeps declining and this impacts the price. CUV's rule if you haven't heard. I have no idea if 11% is even possible at either of the two dealerships here in Cincinnati, but if you can get anything over 8% (on an S4), I would still think that is a "not bad" deal. I guess, too, the "new" S4's will start being built in either June or July -- what I don't know, of course, is if they'll be called 2019's or 2018's of 2018.5's? The closer we get to the switchover, the more the price will probably decline -- but that would probably be for cars "on the lot" (or dealer traded). There is a point where you can still order and get the "last one" of the production run -- that would not be a fun time to try to order -- for if you would order the next day, you'd get the "theoretical" 2019 (regardless of what they call it,)

The HOT car right now seems to be the A5 SB but the hottest one of all is the Q5/SQ5 family. Feb 21 is the official roll out of the RS5, too, which, for some folks is a possible alternative to an S5 coupe or, for some, even the S4. The price of the RS model, however, has to be at least $15,000 more than a top o' the line S5.

My current request would be for Audi to put the S4 engine into the new A6 and A7, as they seemed to do by offering the "old" A6 and A7 with the 333 HP supercharged engine after a short waiting period after the introduction of said engine in the S4. Why the new A6, A7 engines have only 340HP makes no sense to me. The bit hotter S4 engine would be a more impressive first step for Audi in upping the HP and torque ante in the new A6/A7 family.

Come to think of it, The S4 could be bumped up a decent notch by offering an S4+ equipped with the i5 from the RS3 (and if Audi would adopt twin charging, or add an electric supercharger that would spool up instantly, well, game changer, perhaps without the added expense of the bi-turbo 2.9: V6 that's in the RS5.)

We can dream, can't we?

I had several Audi i5 equipped cars (one of them was an S6), even then that engine was awesome. With today's tech the i5 ought to again improve mileage, emissions, and performance (it's lighter, as I recall, too).
Price of an RS5 coupe is $69500 MSRP as a base.
Old 12-18-2018, 12:56 PM
God

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

@SCarGuy ended up getting the calipers with dust covers, they gave me a grocery hook they took off a brand new a4, gave me an additional trunk light and to top it off, $250 audi gift card. I think it's time for you to go cry in the corner now because you couldn't get it.
Lesson 1: don't be an d**k to someone who was trying to get help and by trying to help others users by posting real facts
Lesson 2: become better at dealing with people in real life so you can get what you want
Lesson 3: learn to negotiate! Everything in life is negotiable!
Best of luck to you in that corner
Old 12-18-2018, 01:04 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,091 Likes on 770 Posts

Originally Posted by colladacool
@SCarGuy ended up getting the calipers with dust covers, they gave me a grocery hook they took off a brand new a4, gave me an additional trunk light and to top it off, $250 audi gift card. I think it's time for you to go cry in the corner now because you couldn't get it.
Lesson 1: don't be an d**k to someone who was trying to get help and by trying to help others users by posting real facts
Lesson 2: become better at dealing with people in real life so you can get what you want
I got precisely what I wanted thanks, and, I didn't even have to ask for it to be done

Glad you got your issues sorted

Old 01-14-2019, 06:40 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by colladacool
All I learned was it is possible to get an additional trunk light. I had no idea this was possible! Does anyone have a link for this?

Thanks,

Mike
Old 01-29-2019, 06:37 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My local dealer has 2018 Audi S4 3.0T Premium Plus Sedan quattro msrp $61,150. Since it's an '18, I am assuming they would be willing to deal. Any idea what % off I should shoot for?

Quick Reply: % discount MSRP?