S4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi S4 produced from 2016-

A4 User Manual with the S4?

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2017, 08:38 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A4 User Manual with the S4?

Today I noticed that my car came with the A4 user manual. While most of the systems will be the same if not identical, I just want to be sure there isn't a S4 specific version. My CA confirmed that it is correct but I am also looking for validation from this community.
Attached Thumbnails A4 User Manual with the S4?-img_1124.jpg  
Old 08-06-2017, 11:33 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Yes, as did I receiving an A4 owner's manual with my S4.
Old 08-06-2017, 11:59 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 42 Likes on 28 Posts

+1
Old 08-06-2017, 01:41 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

O.K. Must be normal. Weird but normal.
Old 08-06-2017, 05:50 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by NHman
O.K. Must be normal. Weird but normal.
More like cheap and normal.
Old 08-07-2017, 05:09 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Johndefiore
More like cheap and normal.
It's got all the pertinent information for all variants of the A4 vehicle. Why produce different manuals for A4, S4, and Allroad?

For what it's worth, my last C7 A6 was a combined manual, too, though I seem to remember it saying 'A6/S6' on it to quell just this sort of confusion.
Old 08-07-2017, 08:23 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Nyuni
It's got all the pertinent information for all variants of the A4 vehicle. Why produce different manuals for A4, S4, and Allroad?

For what it's worth, my last C7 A6 was a combined manual, too, though I seem to remember it saying 'A6/S6' on it to quell just this sort of confusion.
I think (?) my 2016 S4 had an "S4" manual as did my older models, so I can only surmise that the single manual was a cost-cutting measure. You're exactly right that all the info you need is there, you just have to wade through some of the sections that don't apply.

Actually, with on-demand publishing which isn't that hard these days they COULD produce a customized manual for each vehicle. Then you wouldn't have to wonder "is this section applicable to my vehicle? Do I have that option? What's the oil capacity of my engine?" Sure all that stuff is somewhat obvious to most, but for a 60K+ vehicle a custom manual with exact features and options would be a nice touch.

Not that I'm holding my breath
Old 08-07-2017, 10:06 AM
AudiWorld Member

Even if they did not do the customization for the paper manual, it seems like they could do it for the online manual that you have to provide a VIN for to access anyway.
Old 08-07-2017, 10:08 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Talbot
Even if they did not do the customization for the paper manual, it seems like they could do it for the online manual that you have to provide a VIN for to access anyway.
Yeah, I had the same thought after I posted my reply above. It wouldn't take much to automate that process- Input the VIN and it spits out a PDF customized for your vehicle.
Old 08-07-2017, 11:51 AM
AudiWorld Member

Oh, I quite disagree with the "woudn't take much to automate that process" part. Doing something like data-driving a publication is not simple, and it would take a considerable amount of resources to revamp how I suspect their technical writing and publications division works. Yes, it can be done - no doubt. But is is not quick and it isn't simple.

Quick Reply: A4 User Manual with the S4?