S4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi S4 produced from 2016-

Android apps on MMI and music upload

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2017, 12:46 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Android apps on MMI and music upload

I have 2 questions please?

1. Does the S4 allow uploading music from USB/SD card to a hard drive or is it just via phone and stored music on an inserted SD card?

2. I've got Android Connect on the MMI but had expected to see all my apps as if they appear on my phone but they don't. Is there something I need to do?

Thanks in advance guys. Much appreciated.
Old 08-26-2017, 05:27 PM
AudiWorld Member

For 1...you can copy from USB/SD to HDD. Go to the right menu, and it should have "Copy to Jukebox" option to copy music.
For 2...Android Auto does not support all apps as they appear on the phone. You're thinking mirror link which I believe was offered on previous Audi models. In android Auto for GPS you have option of Google Maps or Waze. For Music you have option of various apps such as Play Music, Spotify, Pandora, NPR, and few others. For messaging, Hangouts, Whatsapp, Kik and few others.
Old 08-27-2017, 12:17 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

That's great Thank YOU. I had thought Jukebox was an option not a standard
Old 08-27-2017, 07:46 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Rogue1
That's great Thank YOU. I had thought Jukebox was an option not a standard
No problem. I don't use the jukebox, does't allow folders as SD card allows (maybe I just haven't explored enough).

Also, AnyAutoAudio (it's been pulled from Play Store, but available on XDA) lets you use any audio playback application and brings the control to your steering wheel.

Another tip...holding the speech input button allows you to use Google to search instead of going through Audi's speech search.