S4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi S4 produced from 2016-

Audi Lease Return with different parts

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2018, 08:13 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ghostrider990

Bottom line -- if you're going to mod it, you better be prepared to return it to stock when you go to turn it in, or trade it, or suffer the consequences.

gr
I believe the dealer gets first crack at the car after it's been turned it... so it doesn't impact or effect your turn in inspection and based on all the leases I have done, the inspectors are people that look for wear and tear, dents, scratches and tire wear.

I agree about big changes, but the OP is talking about a BO grill, not springs, wheels, tires, ECU mods, suspension components, air box, downpipes, exhaust, non-oem paint, wraps, aftermarket seats, etc.

I still contend that if you install a factory BO grill they wouldn't even notice. In any event, the OP will have some risk, but I believe it is minimal.
Old 05-03-2018, 08:28 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ghostrider990

It is a proven fact in the car business, that Certified Used vehicles (while requiring more money to recondition) command a profit margin of 2 to 3 times that of a non-certified vehicle.

gr
I work for a large Audi dealer and that is not true at all. Non-CPO cars have a larger profit margin while CPO generally have little to no profit.
Old 05-03-2018, 09:46 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by wam22
I work for a large Audi dealer and that is not true at all. Non-CPO cars have a larger profit margin while CPO generally have little to no profit.
You're right, I'll amend that statement:

CPO Vehicles command a higher resale value, not profit margin, because they offer a warranty through the manufacturer and trustworthy reconditioning process to the buyer. But you are correct - the Certification fees and overall re-conditioning requirements eat up a significant portion of the overall profit margins in a big hurry. On a used Audi, typically the profit will be quickly eaten up on brakes, tires, and cosmetic repairs.
I think the cost of a Certification is supposed to be going up soon, as well. Which won't help that fact.

Sorry for the misinformation.

gr