S4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi S4 produced from 2016-

Dayton Gray on the way!

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2017, 03:03 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Dayton Gray on the way!

Just secured the S4 that I wanted from a dealership not far away and currently in transit from port. It will arrive at another dealer then be shipped to my dealer in Minnesota. It should be here by the end of this month. I got the S4 with Daytona Gray, Magma Leather, Carbon Inlays, Tech Package and Sport package.

I test drove both a fixed-damper car and an adaptive damper car. The fixed mode dampers were very good, and not crashy or harsh over bumps, but very firm. The adaptive car seemed to have a more composed dynamic mode and comfort was great. I have had 2 S6s with air suspension and there is something really nice about getting a soft ride on long highway jaunts, and then changing it up when you want to drive spirited.

I did the math and the lbs/hp for the S6 over the S4 is 9.77 vs. 10.89
lbs/trq are in the S4's favor. 10.45 to 10.47

I have attached a copy of the spec that's coming. Also, I already bought the cocomats.com furstil m+s floor mats in the carbon color. I've had them before and they're awesome.

It should be here this month
Old 04-19-2017, 12:10 PM
aj6
AudiWorld Member

Looks like everyone's getting Daytona Gray on Magma. Jealous you're getting yours so soon!
Old 04-19-2017, 07:25 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 54 Likes on 33 Posts

That looks like an awesome combo. Congratulations.

Was the dealer able to discount the car a little for you?
Old 04-19-2017, 08:41 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Curious to know what's missing in regards to the Prestige Package and your build? I may go this route. Congrats!! My S3 is bit too small so the S4 is it. I'm starting to get excited already.
Old 04-20-2017, 04:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

i was able to get my 6% through my lifetime membership with ACNA. I did find 2 dealers that were unwilling. But the one I did use, gave it to me. Worth calling around. Another dealership offered 3% off, and another offered 4%. Those dealers didn't accept the ACNA discount

Originally Posted by heisnuts
That looks like an awesome combo. Congratulations.

Was the dealer able to discount the car a little for you?
Old 04-20-2017, 04:15 AM
AudiWorld Member

I think it is just the driver assistance tech. I got turned off to lane keep and adaptive cruise on my first S6.

Originally Posted by Spoonie G
Curious to know what's missing in regards to the Prestige Package and your build? I may go this route. Congrats!! My S3 is bit too small so the S4 is it. I'm starting to get excited already.
Old 04-20-2017, 04:22 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

the Prestige Package adds:

1) Heads up display that projects speed, speed limit, and navigation directions in the windshield (a really cool feature IMO)

2) Top view camera system that shows you the front, back and sides of the car for parking situations

3) Technology package which adds the navigation and virtual cockpit display and bigger MMI center screen in addition to Audi side assist and Audi pre sense rear

4) Interior lighting package that adds LED lights in the door panels, cup holder, center console and floors that you can select several different colors from the main controller

5) Dual pane glass for the front side windows to reduce road noise

The Prestige Package adds $4,900 to the price of the car, but since the technology package alone adds $3,100, I do not think it is too much of a jump to get all of the extras that the prestige package adds. The prestige package is also a requirement if you want to add the drivers assistance package to the build (think of it as semi-autonomous driving).

Now, I will tell you I am a little biased. I have a S5 on order with the prestige package and drivers assistance package in the build. I have a Corvette with the heads up display and have come to love it over the 11 years I have had the car. It is so nice to see everything in the bottom of the windshield when driving and not having the look down at the gauges at all. I find that when I am driving other cars without the HUD, I really miss it a lot.

I have also driven several cars with a version of the drivers assist system. While it is a little scary at first to let the car take over in stop and go situations or trust that in adaptive cruise control mode that the car will really slow down when the car in front of you does, you learn to trust the system in no time. Once that trust is there it is really nice to be able to have the car handle routine driving such as stop & go traffic on a freeway and slowing down cruise control and going back up to your set speed once the car in front of you speeds up. With the current Audi drivers assistance the car will also provide steering assistance to keep the car in the lane as well. The system also "reads" road signs and puts those signs in the virtual cockpit display if you choose.

Now I certainly don't criticize someone who does not want to add the prestige package. I think the OP picked a great combo for their build. I am really just listing the added benefits you get for the extra $1,800 (assuming you want the technology package) that the prestige package adds for those people researching the car and what options they want to add.

I was able to find a photo of the HUD. It will look a little different in the S4 and S5 for the US. The Audi web site has a good view of it on the USA web site.

Last edited by heisnuts; 04-20-2017 at 05:08 AM.
Old 04-20-2017, 04:28 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by stillwaterS6
i was able to get my 6% through my lifetime membership with ACNA. I did find 2 dealers that were unwilling. But the one I did use, gave it to me. Worth calling around. Another dealership offered 3% off, and another offered 4%. Those dealers didn't accept the ACNA discount
That's awesome. I don't think you would be able to find a better deal than that this early in the build. Congratulations.
Old 04-20-2017, 08:10 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by heisnuts
the Prestige Package adds:

1) Heads up display that projects speed, speed limit, and navigation directions in the windshield (a really cool feature IMO)

2) Top view camera system that shows you the front, back and sides of the car for parking situations

3) Technology package which adds the navigation and virtual cockpit display and bigger MMI center screen in addition to Audi side assist and Audi pre sense rear

4) Interior lighting package that adds LED lights in the door panels, cup holder, center console and floors that you can select several different colors from the main controller

5) Dual pane glass for the front side windows to reduce road noise

The Prestige Package adds $4,900 to the price of the car, but since the technology package alone adds $3,100, I do not think it is too much of a jump to get all of the extras that the prestige package adds. The prestige package is also a requirement if you want to add the drivers assistance package to the build (think of it as semi-autonomous driving).

Now, I will tell you I am a little biased. I have a S5 on order with the prestige package and drivers assistance package in the build. I have a Corvette with the heads up display and have come to love it over the 11 years I have had the car. It is so nice to see everything in the bottom of the windshield when driving and not having the look down at the gauges at all. I find that when I am driving other cars without the HUD, I really miss it a lot.

I have also driven several cars with a version of the drivers assist system. While it is a little scary at first to let the car take over in stop and go situations or trust that in adaptive cruise control mode that the car will really slow down when the car in front of you does, you learn to trust the system in no time. Once that trust is there it is really nice to be able to have the car handle routine driving such as stop & go traffic on a freeway and slowing down cruise control and going back up to your set speed once the car in front of you speeds up. With the current Audi drivers assistance the car will also provide steering assistance to keep the car in the lane as well. The system also "reads" road signs and puts those signs in the virtual cockpit display if you choose.

Now I certainly don't criticize someone who does not want to add the prestige package. I think the OP picked a great combo for their build. I am really just listing the added benefits you get for the extra $1,800 (assuming you want the technology package) that the prestige package adds for those people researching the car and what options they want to add.

I was able to find a photo of the HUD. It will look a little different in the S4 and S5 for the US. The Audi web site has a good view of it on the USA web site.
Thanks man!! You really did your homework and made things a lot easier for me. I feel as though I owe you. Much appreciated!!! I have to have the prestige package goodies

So if everything works out my build goes as follows:
Prestige
Warm Weather Package
Carbon Inlays
Mythos black

This will require the vehicle to be ordered. Looks like I'll be visiting ship vessel tracking web-sites again.
Old 04-20-2017, 09:59 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Thanks man!! You really did your homework and made things a lot easier for me. I feel as though I owe you. Much appreciated!!! I have to have the prestige package goodies

So if everything works out my build goes as follows:
Prestige
Warm Weather Package
Carbon Inlays
Mythos black

This will require the vehicle to be ordered. Looks like I'll be visiting ship vessel tracking web-sites again.
Yeah, I am kinda that way. This will be my first Audi, and over the past few months of researching and waiting for the S5 to be released I have learned a lot about the brand and the S4/S5 (a lot of thanks goes to others on this board who have taught me a lot).

It is really surprising to me that dealers do not seem to order a lot of prestige cars for stock. It seems the few they do order are sold pretty quickly.

Quick Reply: Dayton Gray on the way!