S4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi S4 produced from 2016-

DT Power - New Products

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2018, 02:27 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DT Power - New Products

I wanted to take a minute to stop by and thank you folks for all the positive feedback here. The response coming from all the new customers referencing the things they've read here has really meant a lot to me. I do my best to do right by you guys like I would want someone to do right by me. I spent a lot of years looking to you guys for advice on directions to go with my various builds. I want to be the kind of business that I would want to have a relationship with. My goal is to come through like that for you. Many of you know I answer my phone and text well into the nights and weekends when you're working on your cars. This means more to me than a couple bucks. For your support, I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Here are a few new items that have dropped recently. I wanted to get these out there in a new thread and let you see the exciting new stuff for yourself.

Brand new on the scene is the TCU+ Transmission Tuner. This OBDII tuner plugs into your diagnostic port and retunes the transmission to get rid of much of the shift lag. It also enables me to run some more aggressive tuning without sacrificing the shift quality. This thing really does work. We've shipped over 40 of them just this week alone and the feedback is already pouring in.

You can buy it here

Here is old faithful. The Bluetooth DTE Powercontrol Tuner (formerly DTUK here in the States. Same product, more relevant name). This is what got it all started for me and you can read about it extensively here and here .

Click here to buy one

We also have the DTE Pedalbox throttle response tuner. This is basically a short shifter for your accelerator pedal. It helps to mitigate the throttle lag especially when driving in "D"

You can find those here

And the blacked out version here

We also released our own take on a cold air intake. It’s not the flashy (and scarce) AWE Carbon Fiber one, or the gorgeous but fantastically priced Eventuri one. It just works. It's not super flashy. It's reminiscent of the Roc Euro except it shields a little better from the heat in the engine bay and comes with a mounting system that more aptly matches the quality you'd want to put in your Audi.

You can find it here with the ECS turbo inlet included

And finally, for those of you thatg have been asking, here is a "Staged package that include all 4 of these. It will come with a tune that can pump out around another 15-20 HP with the advent of more air and mitigating the shift smoothness with the TCU unit. Overall this will save you almost $300 over buying everything separately.

You can find the combo here
Old 09-18-2018, 03:11 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The TCU is the best Mod I've done to my car, the shifts are now faster and smoother both in the city and when out on the open raod, the car can use slightly more of the torque from the engine so performance is better and the car just feels stronger. Most importantly for me personally it massively reduces the amount of throttle lag. Once this is fitted it feels like a completely different car to drive, manual mode is also hugely improved with much more positive changes, if you do anything to your car get the TCU box.

I have a B9 S5 Sportback
Old 09-18-2018, 06:53 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

In regards to flashing the TCU. If we ever wanted to go back to stock, is there a way to do this? or is the flash permanent.
Old 09-18-2018, 07:08 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No you can't go back to stock yourself, however there is no logical reason you would want to once you've tried this
Old 09-24-2018, 09:39 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Oceanic
No you can't go back to stock yourself, however there is no logical reason you would want to once you've tried this
We're getting a ton of positive reviews back on the TCU. I can't speak highly enough about it. Get yours today.

TCU+ Transmission Tuner - DT Power

By the way, I had my car in for service last week and as a test, I just told them I'd like to reset the clutch settings. They reran the clutch calibration cycle and reset the pressure settings and it returned to stock. No issues, no flags. I can tell you the drive home was horrible compared to what it was with the tune. I reflashed it with my tuner when I got home and everything is happy again.
Old 09-24-2018, 10:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

I just installed the TCU+ and I think it's a great upgrade. I pretty much always drive in Dynamic Sport, which was kinda choppy and jerky when letting off the gas. That is completely gone now. Every shift is very smooth, whether you're just going around or punching it. Feels like it has more power too. I slammed the gas to the floor and it shifted so much smoother.
Old 09-28-2018, 07:09 AM
Banned

New shipment of TCU+s just hit the dock. Get yours now! TCU+ Transmission Tuner - DT Power
Old 09-30-2018, 12:27 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by thermobryan
I just installed the TCU+ and I think it's a great upgrade. I pretty much always drive in Dynamic Sport, which was kinda choppy and jerky when letting off the gas. That is completely gone now. Every shift is very smooth, whether you're just going around or punching it. Feels like it has more power too. I slammed the gas to the floor and it shifted so much smoother.
Are you running the TCU+ standalone? Or are you running it with a piggyback tune as well?
​​​
​​
Old 09-30-2018, 05:26 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Is the TCU detectable when in for service?

also, do you guys have a dyno with the combo pack?
Old 10-01-2018, 09:31 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Blesbok
Is the TCU detectable when in for service?

also, do you guys have a dyno with the combo pack?
The TCU is not detectable.

The dyno is available on my website. The pedalbox does not affect the dyno number.

Quick Reply: DT Power - New Products