S4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi S4 produced from 2016-

Experience Buying at Audi Dealer

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2018, 10:22 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 77 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by bk6000
What did you decide? My car is a CPO and already a few months old so Audi Connect is expired. Trying to decide if I should buy it or not... since I've never tried it I don't know if it would be worth it or not.
My $0.02 on Audi Connect: I let mine lapse after the six month trial. I use MMI maps for navigation ‘cuz I like the turn-by-turn info in the heads up display and virtual cockpit. I then connect the iPhone for traffic on the MMI screen.
Old 03-12-2018, 06:15 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 79 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by Tim Pryor
My Audi Dealer is outstanding.
After getting blown off by Mercedes and the closest BMW dealer who, respectively, said they wouldn't let me 'Take the car for a joyride to waste the mileage' and that 'You can't afford a BMW' I was impressed to watch Audi go above and beyond to sell me the car.
I went in prepared to buy an A3, determined that it wasn't quite fast enough, and wound up with a 2014 S4. This was in mid-2014.

The salesman was chill, let me look at... probably 8 different cars and was answered all my questions. He did not push hard and let me go at my own pace. I guess compared to every other dealership they were 'detached' but friendly and welcoming.

The more-local dealer I go to for service is the polar opposite. When I was looking for my 2014's replacement they were pushy and called sometimes no fewer than 3x per day to tell me the car 'should be in soon'.
It got to the point where I asked 3 different people to stop calling then starting blocking their number. I also received physical mail from them. At present it's 10 letters I've received offering a deal on a 2018.
It should surprise no one that when I upgraded my car it was from my original purchase place. The salesman, with whom I haven't spoken or seen since purchase time, remembered me and made the new purchase insanely easy and straightforward.

Dealer #1: Excellent purchase experience, great customer service, courtesy car every time you go in, but way too far away.
Dealer #2: Have to argue with rep that the contract says courtesy car is included with AudiCare, they push really hard to drop you off at home or at work (no thank you), have to convince them that things that are definitely covered under warranty are... covered under warranty, and you get tons of spam from them.

I fit mplsbrian's description of outwardly not being able to buy the car but they treated me like I could. I had barely graduated college at the time and was wearing camo shorts and a band t-shirt.
So at the end of this long rant, if your dealer doesn't treat you well try somewhere else. You might get much better service.
Relevant:
Old 03-12-2018, 06:41 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lowjdml

My $0.02 on Audi Connect: I let mine lapse after the six month trial. I use MMI maps for navigation ‘cuz I like the turn-by-turn info in the heads up display and virtual cockpit. I then connect the iPhone for traffic on the MMI screen.
Can you explain how you do this? Do you have the MMI Nav map on the VC screen and apple maps on the HUD (to check traffic)? If not, what exactly do you do?

Thanks.
Old 03-12-2018, 08:00 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 77 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by S4bytheBay
Can you explain how you do this? Do you have the MMI Nav map on the VC screen and apple maps on the HUD (to check traffic)? If not, what exactly do you do?

Thanks.
Prior to connecting iPhone, I set the destination in MMI. I prefer the large gauges in the VC, so turn & lane info will appear in the center of the speedometer and in the HUD. I then connect the iPhone with traffic appearing in the MMI screen. HUD duplicates the info on the VC.

I don't think it's possible to get Apple maps in VC or HUD. NOTE: I'm driving an A4, so your gauges are different.
Old 03-13-2018, 10:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lowjdml:

Thanks for the quick reply. I will try it!