S4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi S4 produced from 2016-

New S4 owner - accessories question

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2018, 11:34 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
Default New S4 owner - accessories question

Hi Everyone.
I'm new to this forum, and this is my second Audi.
I had a 2006 Audi A4, and then went back to BMW for my last 3 cars.
And, now I'm back to Audi.

I just got my new 2018 S4 yesterday.
My last 3 cars were BMW, 135i, 2012 335i Msport, 2016 340i Msport.
I decided to go back to Audi as I've wanted another quattro car for a while.
This is a pretty standard S4 as I don't get many tech options in my cars.
With the BMWs I was able to special order all of them, getting mainly the sport driving options.
This S4 was a dealer ordered car, and had the items that I would get without the options I typically don't get.
My S4's options are minimal; S sport pkg, fine nappa leather, carbon inlays, audi rings.
It was a dealer ordered S4 and had the S sport pkg and nappa leather I wanted.

I didn't want the NAV package as I don't have a major need for navigation.
I do like the virtual display, and if Audi would have had that as a stand alone option I would likely have gone with that as well.
IMO the virtual dash should be standard on the S models, or at least a stand alone option.
However, as manufactures are want to do Audi bundled the virtual with NAV pushing the cost higher, and I don't like paying for pricey items that I have no need for.

That's my short intro to my S4.
My questions are about some accessories I want.
Audi has all weather mats and I will get a full set.
On the Audi website I found S4 specific front mats with an S4 logo.
However, the rear mats show an A4 logo with no option to get either no logo or S4.
Does Audi not have S4 logo rear all weather mats?

I also need some splash guards front and rear.
There weren't any B9 splash guards on the Audi website.
On an Audi parts website I did find Audi splash guards.
These are shown for the rear:Splash Guard Kit
Part Number: 8W5-075-106These are shown for the front:
Splash Guard Kit
Part Number: 8W5-075-111-A

The front set shows it is S4 specific.
The rears show they are for A4 S-line.
Can you guys confirm that those are the guards that fit the B9 S4?

Thanks in advance, and I hope to learn and contribute during my experience with my S4.
Old 09-02-2018, 10:33 PM
ZF8
AudiWorld Member

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

I am not aware of any OEM S4 logo'ed REAR all weather mats. Most likely they're not produced by Audi.

For the rears, I personally went with the non-logo'ed B9 A4 OEM rear all weather mats as they fit the B9 S4 perfectly. Link to the item is on this thread.

Last edited by ZF8; 09-03-2018 at 01:21 PM.
Old 09-03-2018, 09:06 AM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks.
Old 09-04-2018, 11:34 AM
AudiWorld Member

Well I just found out from the Audi parts guy that Audi doesn't make splash guards for the S4.
That sucks.

Living and driving in the Chicago area leaves a lot of residue on cars, especially during the wet fall, salty winter, and wet spring, which is about 75% of the year.
With black sapphire this S4 shows all of that residue. I knew that black is a harder color to keep looking clean, but Audi sure isn't helping by not even making splash guards for the S4.
SUCKS!
Old 09-04-2018, 01:12 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 79 Likes on 55 Posts

1. Floor mats
You are correct, there is no currently an S4-logo'd rear mat. You can get rear mats that have no logo at all (vs. saying A4), however. My car came with a full set (S4-branded fronts and unbranded rears) but I never installed them because I purchased weathertech mats instead. They hold water/salt/etc far better.

2. Mud/splash guards
You (or your parts guy rather) are correct, there are no mud guards available for the B9 S4 sedan. I believe they exist for the B9 A4 allroad but due to fender shape differences are not going to fit your S4.
Old 09-06-2018, 09:57 PM
AudiWorld Member

I spoke with Audi parts/accessories at local dealer about mud guards. He had to contact Audi parts and they told him that Audi does not make a mud guard set for the S4.
I don't understand why Audi wouldn't make a set, but it is what it is.

I asked the Audi parts guy if the A4 front and rear fenders were different from the current 2018 S4?
A4 comes in S-line, which adds cosmetics to give the A4 the appearance of the S4.
To me eyes the A4 S-line front and rear fenders look the same as the S4.
The parts guy couldn't answer the question and said he didn't know why the A4 S-line mud guards wouldn't fit the S4.
The only thing he guessed at it that it seems the S4 doesn't have the factory drilled mounting holes like the A4 S-line has.

I'm considering getting a 2018 A4 S-line mudguard set and see if I can custom mount them, IF they fit the contour of the S4 fenders.
If anyone has any information about this, please let me know.

BTW, I also checked with WeatherTech and they do not make "no drill" mud guards for either the A4 or S4.
Old 09-08-2018, 10:07 AM
JD.
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When we bough our 2018 S4 (Canadian model) all of the S4 & A4's on the dealer lot came with mud guards pre-installed.

The front ones look like they are more of a contoured fit. The front are attached with screws and the rear with clips. Here are are a few pics for reference.

Last edited by JD.; 09-08-2018 at 01:32 PM.
Old 09-08-2018, 11:54 AM
JD.
AudiWorld Junior Member

Old 09-08-2018, 11:57 AM
JD.
AudiWorld Junior Member

Old 09-08-2018, 02:10 PM
AudiWorld Member

JD,

Thanks for the information.
Would you happen to know if the mud guards are the same for an A4 S-line and the S4?

Per Audi parts, and all other OEM Audi accessories dealers, tell me that the 2018 S4 doesn't have mud guards available, but they are for the A4.
Some Audi parts websites show that the A4 S-line guards also fit the S4. However, when I give them my S4's VIN they say that the guards won't fit.

If the guards are not available in the US, then I'll order from a Canadian site.
Do you have any Canadian Audi accessory sites you can recommend?

Thanks again.

Quick Reply: New S4 owner - accessories question