S4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi S4 produced from 2016-

Order now or wait for 2019s?

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2018, 01:15 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Order now or wait for 2019s?

I posted something similar in the A4 section which, thus far, has not spurred any comments. Here's the thread:

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a4-...tions-2948073/

Bottom line: if Audi were to offer an A4 with certain sport options that I want, I would order that. But chances are, they never will, so as not to eat into S4 sales. Since I want those features, I have to get an S4.

My question is: should I just order now, or is there any reason to wait for the 2019 order guide? I'm hearing it will be a month at least until it comes out. Also, will the 2019 A4 and S4 order guides come out concurrently or will the S4 come out later? Reason I ask is that dealers are saying you can no longer order the 2018 A4 in Prestige but you can still order the 2018 S4 in Prestige, which leads me to believe that they plan to go on making 2018 S4s for some period of time after they stop making 2018 A4s.

One other consideration: I love the styling of the car the way it looks now. So if they do some refresh to "modernize" the body, I would be pretty bummed if I could no longer get the 2018 body style. If no other real improvements are coming for 2019, I may as well order now to ensure that I get the styling I like.

Interested to read the thoughts of those with much more experience with these cars.

Thanks.
Old 04-27-2018, 01:33 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Highly unlikely there’d be any changes to the S4 for 2019. 2018 is the first MY B9 S4 in the US. Maybe some minor tweaks to options/packages/colors, but I cant see a refresh for a couple more model years. I could be wrong, though...
Old 04-27-2018, 01:44 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 79 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by MarkWayneClark
Bottom line: if Audi were to offer an A4 with certain sport options that I want, I would order that. But chances are, they never will, so as not to eat into S4 sales. Since I want those features, I have to get an S4.
You didn't say which specific options you were talking about, but I just want to add that Audi does offer a "Sport plus" package for the A4 in the United States.
It is *only* configurable on Premium Plus trims equipped with both the 252hp 2.0t (aka the non-"ultra" engine) and the 6MT. You can build one on audiusa.com right now.

Old 04-27-2018, 01:47 PM
AudiWorld Member

Yeah, I know, I went into that in the other thread. Bottom line, a dealer near me has that exact car. I drove it and it was a blast. BUT:

-I worry that the manual would get tedious in bad traffic, and where I live there is a lot of traffic.
-You can't get that car in Prestige with those extra goodies that I would want, especially the safety features (DAP).
-Wife can't drive a stick.
-There seems to be, if not a consensus, then at least a powerful case to be made that modern automatics are so good that the old manual performance edge is no longer there.

At this point I've pretty much ruled out that car. But, again, it was a lot of fun.
Old 04-27-2018, 04:18 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 35 Likes on 21 Posts

If you order now, you will get an 2019 regardless. You just may not get exactly what you ordered because the package details will have changed.
Old 04-27-2018, 04:30 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

They are no longer taking orders for MY18. Audi declined my order. The salesman told me they expect orders to open up again for MY19 sometime in June but that is not confirmed. Also, as mentioned, it’s highly doubtful that much will change as far as styling because they recently changed the aesthetics inside and out.
Old 04-27-2018, 04:56 PM
AudiWorld Member

Hmmmm, I'm talking to a dealer right now who says he can order a 2018. They won't do a Prestige A4, but they will do a Prestige S4. At least, that's what the dealer said today.
Old 04-27-2018, 05:29 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by MarkWayneClark
Hmmmm, I'm talking to a dealer right now who says he can order a 2018. They won't do a Prestige A4, but they will do a Prestige S4. At least, that's what the dealer said today.
I placed my order last Saturday and was told Monday that Audi would not accept the order. The only thing I can think of is that I’m doing an Audi exclusive color which may change their decision. Either way they’re very close to stopping builds if they haven’t already. It’s strange they’re saying it’s still a go. I was told A4’s in particular were one of the models already stopped. from production
Old 04-27-2018, 05:42 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 234 Likes on 171 Posts

Originally Posted by Jezek

I placed my order last Saturday and was told Monday that Audi would not accept the order. The only thing I can think of is that I’m doing an Audi exclusive color which may change their decision. Either way they’re very close to stopping builds if they haven’t already. It’s strange they’re saying it’s still a go. I was told A4’s in particular were one of the models already stopped. from production
They are still building 18s, just not exclusive colors
Old 04-28-2018, 03:29 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by SYMAWD
They are still building 18s, just not exclusive colors
👍🏼

Quick Reply: Order now or wait for 2019s?