S4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi S4 produced from 2016-

Raising issue with AudiUsa's President Scott Keogh

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2018, 10:26 AM
God

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Raising issue with AudiUsa's President Scott Keogh

Hi Guys,
I received my s4 a couple days back and i'm missing the following things: rear caliper dust covers, rear fog light, second grocery hook, second trunk light. Dealer ordered the caliper covers but couldn't fix them on because there's no holes for them, and they won't replace the caliper. They won't even try for the grocery hook, trunk light, and rear fog light. I have sent a message to audi customer experience regarding this, hopefully they get back to me on this. I have also tweeted a message and tagged the president of audi usa on there. Can you guys go on twitter and retweet the message and hopefully we can all benefit from this. Here is my twitter i created for this purpose: https://twitter.com/angryS4customer.
Also, if someone knows scott's audiusa email, can you comment below and i will send something to that as well.
Let's all work together to get this issue solved. I am willing to go all out to make sure we get the things we are supposed to. We're paying so much more money over standard a4's and can't even get the same stuff.
All of this will only become possible with everyone's help. So please retweet and i will add it on facebook as well and share the link once i do that.
Thanks for your time and support.
Old 02-06-2018, 01:31 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good luck... As someone already posted here the brake caliper situation is a non issue. Audi changed the calipers at a certain production date and any cars made after that wont have them. They arent going to do anything about it.
Old 02-06-2018, 02:09 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 42 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by colladacool
Hi Guys,
I received my s4 a couple days back and i'm missing the following things: rear caliper dust covers, rear fog light, second grocery hook, second trunk light. Dealer ordered the caliper covers but couldn't fix them on because there's no holes for them, and they won't replace the caliper. They won't even try for the grocery hook, trunk light, and rear fog light. I have sent a message to audi customer experience regarding this, hopefully they get back to me on this. I have also tweeted a message and tagged the president of audi usa on there. Can you guys go on twitter and retweet the message and hopefully we can all benefit from this. Here is my twitter i created for this purpose: https://twitter.com/angryS4customer.
Also, if someone knows scott's audiusa email, can you comment below and i will send something to that as well.
Let's all work together to get this issue solved. I am willing to go all out to make sure we get the things we are supposed to. We're paying so much more money over standard a4's and can't even get the same stuff.
All of this will only become possible with everyone's help. So please retweet and i will add it on facebook as well and share the link once i do that.
Thanks for your time and support.
Audi's literature states that "stuff changes without notice -- what you see in a brochure may or may not be available."

Now, if you have a purchase order for your car that states, for instance, "two grocery hooks," you have a case. If not, see Audi's lawyers words pertaining to "changes made without notice."

On the other hand, isn't it possible to order a grocery hook from the parts department? Unless it is not possible to buy one of these, I would assume they aren't THAT expensive. I only have one hook and the literature at the time I ordered my car did say two grocery hooks. But, the literature was months older than the car I special ordered, hence "stuff changes without notice" again comes into play. I simply don't want to spend any time on an issue that is non-winnable. I guess we each had the option to NOT buy the car unless the specific objects of desire were included.

I was pissed that I couldn't order red calipers as a stand-alone option -- something that was offered the year before for $400 on many models. "Crap" happens. Love my S4 -- one grocery hook and all.
Old 02-06-2018, 02:41 PM
God

Originally Posted by Sforfun
Good luck... As someone already posted here the brake caliper situation is a non issue. Audi changed the calipers at a certain production date and any cars made after that wont have them. They arent going to do anything about it.
yea they're saying may 2017 as the change date at the dealership
Old 02-06-2018, 02:58 PM
God

Originally Posted by markcincinnati
Audi's literature states that "stuff changes without notice -- what you see in a brochure may or may not be available."

Now, if you have a purchase order for your car that states, for instance, "two grocery hooks," you have a case. If not, see Audi's lawyers words pertaining to "changes made without notice."

On the other hand, isn't it possible to order a grocery hook from the parts department? Unless it is not possible to buy one of these, I would assume they aren't THAT expensive. I only have one hook and the literature at the time I ordered my car did say two grocery hooks. But, the literature was months older than the car I special ordered, hence "stuff changes without notice" again comes into play. I simply don't want to spend any time on an issue that is non-winnable. I guess we each had the option to NOT buy the car unless the specific objects of desire were included.

I was pissed that I couldn't order red calipers as a stand-alone option -- something that was offered the year before for $400 on many models. "Crap" happens. Love my S4 -- one grocery hook and all.
dealership said they can't even order the grocery hook even if i pay for it. Regarding the trunk light, they said if they install a new light, since there's no wiring going to the other side, the warranty would go away. All the dealership kept saying was: go talk to customer relations and corporate, we won't help you on anything. When i bought the car, i have in writing on the "owed" page, that they owe me s brake calipers and s brake caliper dust covers. Maybe that might help.
Old 02-06-2018, 04:24 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

aren't you the one who got 20% off msrp or something crazy like that? If that was true, I would tell you to go talk to corporate about the grocery hook too.
Old 02-06-2018, 09:32 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For my part, I’m too busy driving in dynamic, kicking the tail out under throttle with the assistance of the sport diff, and listening to the exhaust pop and fart to care too much about a missing hook and/or light in the trunk... Does my trunk even have a hook???
Old 02-06-2018, 09:51 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,065 Likes on 740 Posts

Yes, minor changes happen throughout the lifecycle. Car manufacturers make adjustments for various reasons. Could be supply shortages for example and instead of holding up the car because there is a shortage of the grocery hooks they decided to just fit one and ship the car. I'm not saying that's what happened, but just an illustration. With the previous generation S4, they stopped installing the grocery hooks completely at one point. Earlier models had them, but later models didn't. You can buy them at ECS and other places. They cost like $50 or something like that and are straight forward to install. The lights is a different story. If the wiring is not there and the necessary switches are missing then you are out of luck. If the rear fog light is missing, I assume there is no wiring for it and the switch to turn them on is missing on the dash. Not sure why they decided not to fit rear fog lights, except that most American's don't know what the hell they are for and they turn them on thinking it's front fog lights and then drive around with a bright red light blinding everybody behind them. See it every day. I've long wished car manufacturers wouldn't install them on US spec cars.

Sometimes there are slight design differences between the A, S and RS models, so maybe the S only has one trunk light because there is something else behind where the second one would go not leaving room for a second trunk light. I assume the A4 has two trunk lights from your description. I didn't even notice something so small. My RS5 only has one trunk light either, but two grocery hooks. Seems like minor things like this are not even worth making a thread for.

Either way, dealerships are just franchises. They sell and service a product that they don't make themselves. Audi Germany who designs and builds the cars is a different business entity, so if you don't like something about how the car is built or equipped you indeed have to take that up with Audi Corporate. Audi Germany will refer you to Audi of America as the intermediary, but ultimately neither Audi of America, nor the dealerships controls how the car is built. That's all up to Audi Germany.

Last edited by superswiss; 02-06-2018 at 10:05 PM.
Old 02-07-2018, 01:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

My March 2017 production A4 came with only one grocery hook. I think early on they came with two so I used that argument to persuaded the dealer to install a second one. It also has only one trunk light.

My A4 also has rear fogs (I actually know how to use them ). I thought I read that for MY2018 rear fogs were deleted, so not sure what argument one could make with the dealer to get them to install them as if they were "missing."

Is the S4 different in this regard? I mean if the switch isn't there then that would most likely indicate it was deleted for the S line as well.

Same with the trunk light -- no wiring there is kind of a clue anyway I guess. There might be wiring for the rear fogs, though, since I presume other parts of the world stll get them so it might be efficient to just have a single harness installed that one could adapt.
Old 02-07-2018, 03:53 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 234 Likes on 171 Posts

It's not an issue. They were running production changes that are no longer included in the cars. It's not like everyone else is getting them and you didn't.

Quick Reply: Raising issue with AudiUsa's President Scott Keogh