S4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi S4 produced from 2016-

Tuned! 410hp, Black, Magma Red - Oh yes.

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2017, 01:44 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tuned! 410hp, Black, Magma Red - Oh yes.

I posted a couple of months ago about having the car on order and I had been waiting rather impatiently for it to finally arrive... but last Friday, at last, it was New Car Day!
It's a UK spec S4 with the 19" matte grey wheels, magma red S/S interior, Matrix LED, Virtual Cockpit, interior light package.

I also mentioned in the original post that I was going to be using a tuning box from DTUK (www.diesel-performance.co.uk) to increase the power and have some flexibility over the map etc...

After driving the car for a week in it's standard spec with no extra tuning or anything, I really can say it's a brilliant, brilliant car! It's calm and civilised when it needs to be and angry and shouty when I want it to be. It looks stunning, it has one of the best interiors of any current car and drives beautifully. I really can't say enough good things about it. Couldn't be happier with my choice! But you all know all this anyway, otherwise you wouldn't be here...

And then today, I added the tuning box. In summary: It's phenomenal... it goes like a b*****d! It's quoted as taking the power up to 412 but even if we take a few off, it's still a measurable difference. The way it picks up speed now is just mind bending. You're happily going along at say 60 and then you mash the pedal and suddenly you're doing... much, much more than 60...
Without timing and measuring, it feels like there's an easy couple of tenths of the 0-60 and the way it picks up speed no matter how fast you're already going is quite something!
There are more settings to the tuning box too, with more or less aggressive programs and different options for power delivery so I will be trying these in the coming weeks and I will report back. There will be pictures too, but you all know what an S4 looks like now!!

J
Old 07-09-2017, 05:56 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by AverageImpatientJoe
I posted a couple of months ago about having the car on order and I had been waiting rather impatiently for it to finally arrive... but last Friday, at last, it was New Car Day!
It's a UK spec S4 with the 19" matte grey wheels, magma red S/S interior, Matrix LED, Virtual Cockpit, interior light package.

I also mentioned in the original post that I was going to be using a tuning box from DTUK (www.diesel-performance.co.uk) to increase the power and have some flexibility over the map etc...

After driving the car for a week in it's standard spec with no extra tuning or anything, I really can say it's a brilliant, brilliant car! It's calm and civilised when it needs to be and angry and shouty when I want it to be. It looks stunning, it has one of the best interiors of any current car and drives beautifully. I really can't say enough good things about it. Couldn't be happier with my choice! But you all know all this anyway, otherwise you wouldn't be here...

And then today, I added the tuning box. In summary: It's phenomenal... it goes like a b*****d! It's quoted as taking the power up to 412 but even if we take a few off, it's still a measurable difference. The way it picks up speed now is just mind bending. You're happily going along at say 60 and then you mash the pedal and suddenly you're doing... much, much more than 60...
Without timing and measuring, it feels like there's an easy couple of tenths of the 0-60 and the way it picks up speed no matter how fast you're already going is quite something!
There are more settings to the tuning box too, with more or less aggressive programs and different options for power delivery so I will be trying these in the coming weeks and I will report back. There will be pictures too, but you all know what an S4 looks like now!!

J
Seems like its DTUK second attempt to advertise.
Old 07-09-2017, 06:12 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 79 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by James Cole
Seems like its DTUK second attempt to advertise.
I'm glad I'm not the only one that thinks this feels really sketch.

First of all install pics or it didn't happen

Second of all maybe I'm too new to Audi to know better (this is my first one after all) but who is going to put something from "diesel tuning UK" on their turbocharged performance gasoline engine? Nobody has heard of these guys right?

Finally, straight from the terrible website you have
Programmed specifically for your car, van, motorhome or tractor
...yeah no thanks I think I'm good keeping my 2018 Audi Motorhome's warranty intact.
Old 07-09-2017, 07:15 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 181 Likes on 103 Posts

I'll be getting mine from the Nigerian prince who needs to smuggle his diamonds out of the country.
Old 07-09-2017, 07:33 PM
AudiWorld Member

And he gave it a whole week's break-in time, too.
Old 07-10-2017, 01:40 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 491 Likes on 335 Posts

DTUK have been around for a while, and are re-sellers of German made (DTE) piggyback units that send false information to the ECU via hijacking certain sensors.

No different to Chipwerke or RaceChip that get flogged around this forum from time to time.

Can't see the point of DTUK "social media advocates" spamming them on here, as they can't compete on pricing - too many middlemen taking a slice on the way through.

The only tuner that has any affiliation with Audi is ABT.
Old 07-10-2017, 02:44 AM
AudiWorld Member

When or if it is time I know APR or Dinan will work something out.
Even then I am loathe to screw with this edu. No dyno strips or proof.
Agree with Brian. Didn't they say diesel?
This is greedy and evil if it hurts the car.
Old 07-10-2017, 06:56 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 79 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by Damon44
This is greedy and evil if it hurts the car.
I'd go a step further and say it's greedy and evil to come in here and pretend you installed something on a car (especially a "first ever" mod that nobody else has done before) when you didn't.

AudiWorld is supposed to be a reputable and reliable spot for learning about what is possible with these cars. That's the whole reason I came here in the first place. But when people post disingenuous bull**** and make false representations/claims it devalues these forums.

That all said, I can't wait and am sitting with baited breath awaiting install pics of OP's 410HP beast courtesy of a diesel -motorhome piggyback tuner. Willing to apologize and retract my doubts the moment an install pic and dyno slip is posted!
Old 07-10-2017, 07:14 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

There is certainly a growing trend of these social media predatory practices. The other Audi enthusiast sites don't seem to have the moderators or the community willing to call bull**** on these types of claims and products. Good for you guys!
Old 07-10-2017, 09:21 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 181 Likes on 103 Posts

I'm trying to give the OP the benefit of the doubt here, but when you look at his posting history it does seem to come across as someone who is trying to push a product using the not so clever ruse of posting as a customer.

Joined just 2 months ago to mention that he just signed the order on an S4, then something about a 154 day delay at the Emden port and then delivery about 2 months after signing the order. Not sure how a 5 month delay in Emden fit's into that timeline at all.

The bulk of the posts are all about DTUK with some very effusive praise, but without any real hard data to back it up. The typical AW poster usually usually has some dyno data or 1/4 mile times that they can share with others who might be thinking about going down a similar path.

I hope Joe doesn't take any offense to this healthy skepticism and eventually is able to give us some additional hard data on how this company's products perform.

Quick Reply: Tuned! 410hp, Black, Magma Red - Oh yes.