S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

***EDITED**** I want to get a B5 S4...***EDITED*** PLEASE READ THIS POST AGAIN FOR ADDITIONAL INFO.

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2008, 10:16 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ***EDITED**** I want to get a B5 S4...***EDITED*** PLEASE READ THIS POST AGAIN FOR ADDITIONAL INFO.

I already have an 05 S4, this would be a fun car. I have spent the better part of the last few days looking high and low for decent priced S4. They are all so overpriced, says the guy with the late model B6 S4. What gives?

***Edited***

When I referred to "They" I meant the stock, bone stock B5 S4. They seem to be appreciating in price lately, mainly over the past couple of months. By me asking what gives, I was simply wondering what peoples thoughts were. Whether it be something as simple as winter is nearly here, a major recall as been authorized( i.e. dead k03) or a myriad of other things that would make these cars more sought after which in turn might have driven the price up over the past few months.

I am trying to clarify this because even now, two days later. There are still posts hanging on the subject of "Overpriced". That only pertained to being overpriced in relation to what edmunds, KBB and NADA list out for a STOCK car. Meaning, according to them they would say the price is not commensurate to the mileage, factory options and wear and tear of the cars available. This is searching autotrader, every craigslist listing nationwide(thank god for google), USAA car buying service and audizine.

This also pertained to a price difference or lack there of between stock S4's, B5 and B6 and very few B7 respectively.

This was never meant to insight a riot, I was simply trying to ask a question. Furthermore, the whole reason why this is stemming around stock vehicles only is because I will be removing the 2.7T motor and replacing it with built 2.9 Turbo VR6, that will be powered by a single GT42RS.

The reason why I am using a S4 is because I need a B5 anyway. On top of that I will be using a 6 speed 01E transmission and it's accompanying drive shaft and front axles. These are all on the B5 S4 to begin with. It doesn't hurt that the S4 has the upgraded interior either.
Old 11-11-2008, 10:23 AM

Do you want one bone stock?
Old 11-11-2008, 10:27 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default we love them :) As many as are for sale, there are more people who dont want to sell

Slap on some K04's on the B5 and you're golden for a while.. By the way, the prices have been dropping dramatically lately..
Old 11-11-2008, 10:28 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default They are highly sought after collectables ..... Why, you ask? .....

You need to collect several of them to cannibalize for spare parts to keep just one running. ;-) (j/k)
Old 11-11-2008, 10:29 AM

you think this car will be fun LOL?
Old 11-11-2008, 10:33 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Re: we love them :) As many as are for sale, there are more people who dont want to sell

Actually I have been trending these, RS4s and 996s for the past few months. The S4 have actually gone up a little over 2 grand on average.

My brother and I were just talking about this today as well. He has a silver 2000 and he looking for a lower mileage black S4.

Loving them is one thing, but some are neglible in price to 04 and 05 S4. That's cuckoo bananas!
Old 11-11-2008, 10:35 AM
AudiWorld Member

I will be with what I have planned for it...
Old 11-11-2008, 10:36 AM

if you say so! i love it
Old 11-11-2008, 10:37 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default if you've been pondering about 996's - go that route! :)

but as far as prices go - I guess it is what it is.. I don't know exactly what's driving the B6 costs down and B5 up, but I think it should be a good sign that the B5's are retaining their value (sort of).
Old 11-11-2008, 10:38 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default I want one that is priced...

commensurate to it's age, mileage, options and wear and tear. Something closer to what KBB as listed.

Quick Reply: ***EDITED**** I want to get a B5 S4...***EDITED*** PLEASE READ THIS POST AGAIN FOR ADDITIONAL INFO.