S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

*This certainly sucks!* They're holding my car at port because of a "missing part"

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-1999, 12:19 PM
rickp

Default *This certainly sucks!* They're holding my car at port because of a "missing part"

Guys,

Has this ever happened to any of you? My saleman made clear it wasn't a broken part, but had no idea of what was missing. I said, "Well was it something like a steering wheel or something I could let them send me? That was a "no go" as it's against Audi's policy.

Apparently, there's a big parts shipment coming in tomorrow that may have the missing part. But, the car's definitely on hold till after the holidays. Geez........I hope I won't be waiting around as long as Steve S. now! (grins)

Rick
Old 11-23-1999, 12:50 PM
Pk

Default yea, happened to me too...

I was #1 on list, expecting delivery mid Sept. Didn't find out what was missing (or broke) other than a "trim" piece. Car came about 1.5 to two weeks later than the first arrivals at the dealership. They won't let em go, and the parts MUST come from Germany.
Old 11-23-1999, 12:59 PM
Matt Daniels

Default I bet it's something stupid like the owners manual...

I was just wondering about you yesterday Rick, seems you were gone for a week or two. I was scared that you went back to the dark (BMW) side. :-)

Hope you get your car soon.

Matt
Old 11-23-1999, 01:16 PM
rickp

Thanks, I can handle two weeks...........
Old 11-23-1999, 01:19 PM
obnoxious! (grins) rickp

Thanks for the chuckles! I'm a counter-puncher - I'm waiting for someone to say something really
Old 11-23-1999, 01:20 PM
Cameron

Default Owners video for new Audis is most common missing part according to my dealership

nt
Old 11-23-1999, 02:02 PM
microfilter

I didn't get a owners video? What's in it? Is it worth asking the dealer for it? Probably not
Old 11-23-1999, 02:07 PM
Cameron

Default Rundown of features, etc. (more)

It's in the "dealer care package" with the airbag warning stickers that your dealership is supposed to apply. Many dealerships throw the stickers on the car, many just throw the whole bogus package in the trash.

Cameron
Old 11-23-1999, 04:49 PM
rickp

Funny! Thanks for ligthening my mood!
Old 11-23-1999, 04:50 PM
rickp

that should be "lightening"

Quick Reply: *This certainly sucks!* They're holding my car at port because of a "missing part"