S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

20 more hours until the 1st race at LAGUNA SECA!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2001, 02:18 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 20 more hours until the 1st race at LAGUNA SECA!!!!

I'm itching to leave work, but I'm definitely ready for this weekend!!!!
Old 09-07-2001, 02:25 PM
AudiWorld Uber User

Default 48 hours before I get to race at Sears!...

Root for Roger Foo while you're at Laguna! Now that our NASA chapter has a head, she promises to get some enduro dates at Laguna next year. My favorite track despite having a bad accident there once.

The guy we're battling for the championship this year has rented three races in one of Taz's old Integras (Portland, Sears and Laguna). He hasn't done very well but supposedly they have worked on the car and he's racing at Laguna on Saturday and then coming to Sears for the 3-hour on Sunday. Taz's Civic was built by Roger who hasn't finished his own one. Taz's 2nd in Portland gives the Civic folks some hope because SCCA cut the weight to help them be semi-competitive.

I must say, I'd love to go watch this weekend butttttt...hehehehe.
Old 09-07-2001, 02:33 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default That's cool...Taz Harvey did well with that 2nd place finish...

hopefully want to see a lot of action on Saturday. I'm following the Speedvision championship very closely...taped every race so far.

I can't believe the e36 bmw's are doing better than the e46. I wish we could see more A4 "touring cars" in that championship. The only one I've seen is the black Audi A4 with the yellow Audi rings...which hasn't been doing well either.

My cousin and I are capturing some of the races (mostly Le Mans and GT) on camcorder. I'm planning on making a video from this weekend's trip.
Old 09-07-2001, 02:36 PM
Stätus Josh

Default and 3 weeks before we get to watch it!! :(

arghh.. stupid delayed programming!?
Old 09-07-2001, 02:37 PM
AudiWorld Uber User

Default It's wacky...

Kudos to SCCA for managing to make that series as competitive as it is (just like the GT championship).

In a close nose to tail battle, torque becomes important because you frequently lose "momentum" by having to lift or bounce a curb or something and cars with torque (like the BMWs) WILL have a huge advantage if they get a bit out of shape as opposed to a Civic which can lap about as fast but in the RACE is completely lost if the driver has to back-off for a second.

I wouldn't dream of doing that series without a BMW...I briefly considered doing a proposal to Nissan for a SE-R Spec V team but I just don't have the time and money to dedicate to it...refuse to get sucked back in and all I have to do is look at Roger to remind me how hard it is.
Old 09-07-2001, 02:40 PM
AudiWorld Uber User

Default yea and I forget they happened before it occurs to me to check the schedule...

so i only catch 1/2 the races and then, only by accident :-(
Old 09-07-2001, 02:50 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Foo's doing REALLY well despite being a privateer...

he can definitely keep up even with the SiR motor being a little underpowered. With the hatchback being so light, he needs those tight corners to make up time.

Every time I watch the Speedvision Touring Car Championship, I always route for two people: Roger Foo and David Leslie. I'm surprised that he went from a HEAVILY sponsored BTCC championship...factory backed...and now he's taking on American touring car with the Mazda 626. What a change HE made! I feel badly that he doesn't have a more competitive car to drive with! He would do AWESOME if his car didn't keep breaking down!
Old 09-07-2001, 02:53 PM
AudiWorld Uber User

Default you know what's HILARIOUS....

they keep saying the "little" Civic but actually it has a LONGER wheelbase than an Integra! hehehehe.

I know what you mean about Leslie...gotta be more to that contract than meets the eye, though rides in BTCC are getting VERY hard to come by.
Old 09-07-2001, 03:02 PM

Default u going up?

i was supposed to go up TODAY but....

cest' la vie. I'm gonna try for sunday.
Old 09-07-2001, 03:09 PM

shooting for sub 1 minute Laguna Laps in my madd F1 car.

Quick Reply: 20 more hours until the 1st race at LAGUNA SECA!!!!