S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

Aaaah. Woke up this morning. Look outside, and no S4 :-(

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2001, 07:22 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aaaah. Woke up this morning. Look outside, and no S4 :-(

But then I saw actual trees, with varying colors no less, and the news that the Yankees pulled it off again!!!!! (jet lag got the best of my right around mid 10th inning)

God, I miss the east coast. Headed off tomorrow to Rochacha (Prophet, where's Cornell's, as in shop I presume,...I know the college is in Ithaca, which I'll be driving thorugh) and pay a visit to Stratmosphere and get my Avant fix from Bob.

On a side note, it was weird, I mean it felt weird crossing the GWB last night to see a white glow from Manhattan not unlike when they shoot movies in LA and try to reproduce good ambient lighting at night. Kind of a knot in the stomach, and a momentary look to see the WTC towers not there. :-(
Old 11-02-2001, 07:38 AM
AudiWorld Uber User

Default Im0L4 OwNz YoU!

she told me this morning that she's a little pissed that you are driving some bimbo-mobile-street-walking-puts-out-for-anybody-for-a-price-rental-car!
Old 11-02-2001, 07:41 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default That's _really_ going to bother me when I go home for thanksgiving. =( I can see the WTC from home

at least I used to be able to... from my rooftop. My friends and I used to go into the city pretty often.... I think it's going to hit me 100x harder when I get back home...
Old 11-02-2001, 07:44 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Default You mean my parents' Lexus? Yeah. talk about a crappy suspension...

Makes the S4 feel like a Ferrari from the factory.

There's nothing like driving other cars to make you really appreciate what Audi does!
Old 11-02-2001, 07:45 AM
Elder Member

Default What will really get you is the smell. As of a few weeks ago,anywhere in lower

manhattan, you could still smell it like it was still burning. I went back to NYC a few weeks ago, didn't visit the WTC site, but was in lower manhattan for a while, and that burning dusty smell REALLY makes it hit you. It made me feel everything all over again.
Old 11-02-2001, 07:46 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I hear you, my dad lives upstate a bit in NY...

...and I am not going into Newark like usual I don't know how well I will deal with the changed view right now.
Old 11-02-2001, 07:47 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Default Apparently, you can't use the bridges/tunnels as they have ristricted...

its use to off-peak hours to people who travel by themselves in the car. So people just take mass transit.

Imagine that one folks. If they did something like that in LA, the city would literally shut down.

My mom too some crazy photos of the second plane slamming into the WTC from her office building. You know it really takes your breath away when it's not on the TV. It somehow makes it more vivid.

My sister went to the hospital yesterday, as she got affected by the dust/fumes that the WTC area is giving off, as she is just a few streets from there.
Old 11-02-2001, 07:49 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Default Yeah, my sister went to the hospital yesterday because of it. She works a couple of streets over...

which is really her temporary office. She worked in Building 7 which collapsed.
Old 11-02-2001, 07:53 AM

Default Jyo, don't forget to check your hotmail account, I sent you info re the t-shirts

let's get it rolling!!
Old 11-02-2001, 07:55 AM
AudiWorld Expert

I did Wally, but all the designs are back in LA, which I won't be back until Nov 29th

Quick Reply: Aaaah. Woke up this morning. Look outside, and no S4 :-(